Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexis Sanchez

Postby Michael Brookes » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:01 am

Moonchesteri wrote:Care to tell how it was for us who aren't listening?

I can't do it justice but some snippets that stood out:

- Peps system when truly Implemented ( Not the half way house we have at city) doesn't allow for dogged chasing round of the ball. It's all very preciseb and positional play is everything. Sanchez really struggled to adapt his game. Henry was the same wet first but eventually came round citing thatb to play for pep at Barca was to swallow your pride and be prepared to relearn the game (even if you were a mega star)

- Just as he started to show signs of adapting, pep left and the system changed, then he was sold

- He struggled to play with Messi, lots of players do

- It's widely regarded that it didn't quite work out at Barca because of the demands from pep, but that the relationship was good and full of respect

- He's a vastly different player (ability and experience) and he (graham) thinks it's very much a possibility he could move here. Absolutely crucial is champions league football (", in Alexis caDr, this genuinely means everything- a result from his rags to riches roots ")
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:04 am

Moonchesteri wrote:Care to tell how it was for us who aren't listening?

Just Billy Shears, another interminable session with know-nothing Grunter, the self-styled 'Spanish football expert', an utterly unreliable, foul-mouthed, failed scottish hack (some say)

https://soundcloud.com/9320pod
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:39 pm

Nick wrote:1) he's a weasel cunt that is spinrless. We have HEAPS of those
2) we have many other priorities
3) it would mean selling a legend. The best goalscorer in history who still bangs then in. For what? Don't get me wrong agueros play has done my nutt in recently but the two aren't comparable.
4) pep banging on about attack is our issue not defence is so worrying. We could sign messing and we wouldn't be any higher

1) his problem clearly isn't that he's spineless, it's that he's a winner and the rest of the Arsenal team aren't
2) Yes we have, but unless our budget is only about £40m, there's no link between the two
3) It would mean selling a legend who's probably just past his peak (mainly injury related). The same was said of Yaya after his first season under Manuel. Would anyone say it would have been a mistake to get £40m+ for him back then?
4) Is the defence performing well enough? Clearly not and clearly it will be improved - we tried to get both Laporte and Bonucci last summer, so the club obviously agreed. But as for the attack, how many teams have we blown away? Monaco at home maybe but missed chances have cost us big - KdB open net Vs Chelsea, the two missed penalties against Everton for a start. Some of that has been just bad luck, but we've not been clinical enough when we've had chances. And defending starts at the front and through midfield. All of the pitch need improvement.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:06 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:If he comes here ? Sergio is leaving.

You would think so.
Personally I'd go for Sanchez and Llorente on the assumption Aguero is leaving.

A 32 year-old Spanish Andy Carroll and might even come with his own treatment table included in the absurdly inflated price.
If signing this geriatric throwback is what they mean by Pep changing the face of English football we might just as well get Tony Pulis instead and save a few million quid.

I've never been keen on Llorente, even when he stood out playing for Bilbao a few years ago.

I always thought his technique and ball control, on the ground were/are compromised and, despite his aerial ability, his age is now massively against him.

Moreover, I always fear that when you've got that type of player in your ranks, there's always a temptation to play the ball long up to his head and, before you know it, you become a route one side. Thereafter, all it takes to nullify your attacking play is for the opponent to have a big daft centre half who is good in the air and can head the ball away.

As JC alluded to, under such circumstances, we might as well get Pulis in to manage us.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Green & Blue » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:03 pm

He's a top player, would be delighted if he joined. His talents are wasted at Arsenal.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:03 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

You would think so.

A 32 year-old Spanish Andy Carroll and might even come with his own treatment table included in the absurdly inflated price.
If signing this geriatric throwback is what they mean by Pep changing the face of English football we might just as well get Tony Pulis instead and save a few million quid.

I've never been keen on Llorente, even when he stood out playing for Bilbao a few years ago.

I always thought his technique and ball control, on the ground were/are compromised and, despite his aerial ability, his age is now massively against him.

Moreover, I always fear that when you've got that type of player in your ranks, there's always a temptation to play the ball long up to his head and, before you know it, you become a route one side. Thereafter, all it takes to nullify your attacking play is for the opponent to have a big daft centre half who is good in the air and can head the ball away.

As JC alluded to, under such circumstances, we might as well get Pulis in to manage us.

Itd be a cheap plan b or plan c. Llorente isnt quite a lump up front. Hes an excellent technical spanish player with a good presence and completely different to everything elee we have. Something we have missed at times this seasons.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:29 am

Dubciteh wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

You would think so.

Itd be a cheap plan b or plan c. Llorente isnt quite a lump up front. Hes an excellent technical spanish player with a good presence and completely different to everything elee we have. Something we have missed at times this seasons.

Yes so completely different. We should get that big fella in from Roma , what's his name ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dameerto » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:11 pm

zuricity wrote:

Yes so completely different. We should get that big fella in from Roma , what's his name ?

Julius Caesar?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Alexi Sanchez

Postby City64 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:35 pm

Twitter gone mental today with reports he has agreed in principle to join us .......
https://twitter.com/CentreTransfer/stat ... 1381325824

Just one of many claims but BBC going with it and many more ........... interesting !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Re: Alexi Sanchez

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:19 pm

City64 wrote:Twitter gone mental today with reports he has agreed in principle to join us .......
https://twitter.com/CentreTransfer/stat ... 1381325824

Just one of many claims but BBC going with it and many more ........... interesting !

Including the Scum releasing Cirano Ibrahimovic. :lol: :lol:

I wonder if Newcastle might be interested ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby phips » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:56 pm

who is Alexi Sanchez?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:53 pm

Will piss my self if we sign him. Arse fans saying it's a sideways step haha.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:44 pm

phips wrote:who is Alexi Sanchez?

He's using an Andalusian accent, dropping the s's
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am

Isnt that same guy the guy who said Vidal was going to sign for Arsenal/Rags or something?

Means abs nothing. IF and its a big IF we sign Sanchez arsenal will not let this happen easy, at the very least as a front to there fans. This is a deadline day signing if it happens....
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby zuricity » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:48 pm

john@staustell wrote:

It's FUKCING silent anyway . All Spanish speaking Californians know this anyway.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:46 pm

zuricity wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

It's FUKCING silent anyway . All Spanish speaking Californians know this anyway.

Clever me :lol: trust that Dortmund cyber bellend not to get it ?

Here is another for you phips ..........

Etihad !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby phips » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:04 am

City64 wrote:
zuricity wrote:

ooooooh. holy shit. that is funny.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby City64 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:21 am

phips wrote:
City64 wrote:
zuricity wrote:

ooooooh. holy shit. that is funny.

It's like the silent P in Klopp and F in fuck off !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:22 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... iguez-move

Poor Alexis Sánchez. Not only has he tolerated three seasons of incompetence along with half a season of spooky dog banners, but now he’s had enough, Arsenal have suddenly decided they’re no longer Manchester City’s feeder club. More generally, they refuse to sell to a rival – a rival for what is unclear – and that, of course, is a principle more important than the basic right of a human being to live and work wherever the hell they want. As such, Sánchez may be forced to join Bayern Munich, who actually thrash Arsenal more often than City; just as well they are not in next season’s Champions League.

:lol:
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby City64 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:21 pm

PrezIke wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/13/football-transfer-rumours-chelsea-target-james-rodriguez-move

Poor Alexis Sánchez. Not only has he tolerated three seasons of incompetence along with half a season of spooky dog banners, but now he’s had enough, Arsenal have suddenly decided they’re no longer Manchester City’s feeder club. More generally, they refuse to sell to a rival – a rival for what is unclear – and that, of course, is a principle more important than the basic right of a human being to live and work wherever the hell they want. As such, Sánchez may be forced to join Bayern Munich, who actually thrash Arsenal more often than City; just as well they are not in next season’s Champions League.

:lol:

Any news on Dortmunds thoughts pal ? Just to keep non city fan Phips interested , silent or non silent it doesn't really matter ta .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum