Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexis Sanchez

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:32 am

Sanchez was asked about his next move while sitting next to team-mate Claudio Bravo.

Q. "Will you be a teammate of Claudio Bravo at Manchester City next season?
A: "[laughs]. Good question! Right now I'm focused on the Confederations Cup. When this is finished I will see if I stay or if I go. I don't know."
Q: "Is it clear in your mind, or have you not decided?"
A: "Yes it's clear but I can't tell you [laughing]".
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Alexi Sanchez

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:08 am

CTID Hants wrote:Courtesy of CityWatch...

Alexis Sanchez (at a press conference with Claudio Bravo): "My future will be decided after the cup. I know what it is, but cannot say." https://t.co/qLak9jHb98

Im not sure thats good news for us? If its decided it means whatever deal is done is done and there is no way we have a deal done with Arsenal yet. Unless he means he has made his mind up, hes not the issue for us though Arsenal are. I think this could be the one time they make a stand, i think if i was them it would be the one time. There fans will go beserk if they sell him much worse than any of the other sales before imo.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:14 am

Dubciteh wrote:

Alexis Sanchez (at a press conference with Claudio Bravo): "My future will be decided after the cup. I know what it is, but cannot say." https://t.co/qLak9jHb98

Im not sure thats good news for us? If its decided it means whatever deal is done is done and there is no way we have a deal done with Arsenal yet. Unless he means he has made his mind up, hes not the issue for us though Arsenal are. I think this could be the one time they make a stand, i think if i was them it would be the one time. There fans will go beserk if they sell him much worse than any of the other sales before imo.

On a par with Van Persie I reckon, he was the league's top scorer before they sold him to the rags.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:16 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

On a par with Van Persie I reckon, he was the league's top scorer before they sold him to the rags.

They needed the money then though no excuses this time. They handed the title to the rags that season, it was criminal and they will go a long way to handing us the title if we get Sanchez. If i was there supporters i would riot! Obviously i hope we get him but if i was them i wouldn't even entertain the idea.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:21 am

Dubciteh wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

They needed the money then though no excuses this time. They handed the title to the rags that season, it was criminal and they will go a long way to handing us the title if we get Sanchez. If i was there supporters i would riot! Obviously i hope we get him but if i was them i wouldn't even entertain the idea.

£50 million is tempting though for a player that walks for nothing in 12 months.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:33 am

Fingers crossed...

Looking forward to Sunday's Final in more ways than one.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby patrickblue » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:58 pm

So who are we after, Alexi or Alexis?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Re: Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:11 pm

patrickblue wrote:So who are we after, Alexi or Alexis?

Well we do need a centre-back back more urgently than an attacker
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dimples » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:55 pm

Like it or not, football is a business.
Business sense says Sanchez will leave Arsenal before the end of the transfer window.
IMO the business will calculate that '£50M+wages+bad attitude' for one season is not worth it.
They can spend that money on another younger signing (or 2) and that will appease the fans.

The only thing that is left is the haggling.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Re: Alexis Sanchez

Postby Justified logic » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:07 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Sanchez was asked about his next move while sitting next to team-mate Claudio Bravo.

Q. "Will you be a teammate of Claudio Bravo at Manchester City next season?
A: "[laughs]. Good question! Right now I'm focused on the Confederations Cup. When this is finished I will see if I stay or if I go. I don't know."
Q: "Is it clear in your mind, or have you not decided?"
A: "Yes it's clear but I can't tell you [laughing]".

"When this [tournament] is finished I will see if I stay [at Arsenal] or if I go [to City]. I don't know."
"Yes it's clear but I can't tell you [laughing]"

So nothing but fog then.

Where's Bravo going anyway? Pleeeeeeeease
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:33 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

I can just see the newspaper headlines now; "Arsenal fans are revolting............."
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby zuricity » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

I can just see the newspaper headlines now; "Arsenal fans are revolting............."

They do smell a bit...
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:34 pm

I told you all he was coming.

Zuri - get the round in.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:43 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I told you all he was coming.

Zuri - get the round in.

But what does your cat think ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I told you all he was coming.

Zuri - get the round in.

be happy to ! Holts ?

as the stones said "Get yer Yayas out ",

Could be a boozy evening Carl , settling debts
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Dubciteh wrote:

His mind is made up, and he wants to leave. If he was staying at Arsenal, why wouldn't he be able to say?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Michael Brookes » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:01 am

Slim wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

His mind is made up, and he wants to leave. If he was staying at Arsenal, why wouldn't he be able to say?

That's what I thought initially, however the same train of thought could have been applied to the Wenger contract saga?
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby IanWright » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:25 am

With the absolutely shitty hierarchy we have at the club, I can see us selling to you guys and I'm actually astonished that it's as high as 50mil. Arsenal, notoriously, don't sell their best assets for the best money (Cole to Chelsea for 5mil plus Gallas, Henry for a mere 16mil to Barcelona in the same close season that Darren Bent went to Sp*rs for the same money, RvC to Man Yoo for a cut price 22mil during a summer in which he was widely considered the 3rd best player in the world)

If we had Daniel Levy, we'd play hard ball. Not only would we not sell, we'd perhaps make a mockery of him in his very last season with us. Either overplay him (which is more likely given that this boy loves playing) or make him for in the reserves. The way we are right now, we'd sell and do nothing with the 50mil. Buy some magic beans or the like.

Not to sound spoilt as a football fan but these are slightly testing times at Arsenal right now :(
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Arsenal
My favourite player is: Paul Merson

Postby sheblue » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:31 am

50 million now or nothing this time next year. Wonder how long it will take the arsenal board to think about that one.
This is a done deal.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby bigblue » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:18 pm

IanWright wrote:With the absolutely shitty hierarchy we have at the club, I can see us selling to you guys and I'm actually astonished that it's as high as 50mil. Arsenal, notoriously, don't sell their best assets for the best money (Cole to Chelsea for 5mil plus Gallas, Henry for a mere 16mil to Barcelona in the same close season that Darren Bent went to Sp*rs for the same money, RvC to Man Yoo for a cut price 22mil during a summer in which he was widely considered the 3rd best player in the world)

If we had Daniel Levy, we'd play hard ball. Not only would we not sell, we'd perhaps make a mockery of him in his very last season with us. Either overplay him (which is more likely given that this boy loves playing) or make him for in the reserves. The way we are right now, we'd sell and do nothing with the 50mil. Buy some magic beans or the like.

Not to sound spoilt as a football fan but these are slightly testing times at Arsenal right now :(

Why spend the money when you can add to your notorious "war chest" ;)
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum