Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Postby hayling22 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:56 am

An analogy to me of what the rags are achieving is like building a car...They are taking the best bits of different existing models and trying to connect them together expecting it to run and look like the best thing ever....Instead, it looks like something from Wacky Races, and runs like a pile of crap!

We on the other hand, are building our car from scratch, using the best engineers and designers, the parts fit like a glove, looks chic, and boy does she go!!
hayling22
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Dennis Tueart

Postby Herb » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:40 am

Sigh.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:19 am

phips wrote:Mkhitaryan is class and id have him back at BVB in a heartbeat despite his acrimonious exit.

“Class” :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:51 am

Mase wrote:
phips wrote:Mkhitaryan is class and id have him back at BVB in a heartbeat despite his acrimonious exit.

Joke surely? I watched him against Southampton and it was one of the worst performances from a player I've ever seen
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:11 am

john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:

Joke surely? I watched him against Southampton and it was one of the worst performances from a player I've ever seen

Would he get in any of the top teams in the world starting 11? No. Therefore not sure how Phips can call him “class” :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:57 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:Whatever the truth of the deal or the truth of the reports I do think this deal will be something that will haunt the Rags for a long time to come.
It just smacks of desperation.
Somewhere I read a description of it being described as like a gambler chasing his losses by placing a huge bet on a long shot.
I can’t see s good outcome from this in the long run.

Unfortunately I think this will benefit them greatly in the short run. Sanchez is very good.

Can only hope the wages will fuck them up in the longer run.

Next season should be good fun.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:55 am

I’m genuinely gutted that we have missed out on him. He’s a top class player. I fully understand though why we pulled the plug if the figures being touted are true. This is his last pay day though so I can see why his eyes lit up when he saw what they were willing to pay him.

If regard to him signing for United I don’t buy all this that this a backward step. A little of that IMO is bitterness/sour grapes from some City fans. The truth is they are one of the biggest clubs in world football and win trophies consistently. This season they are behind us in the league but that doesn’t mean they will end the season without a trophy. He probably in football sense would fit in better at City but I think he will improve them no end.

Saying all that this deal could have deeper impacts within the inner echolons of OT while players like Rashford and Martial have their playing time limited and the likes of Pogba want parity on the pay front. I will grab the popcorn....
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:05 am

Sister of fu wrote:I’m genuinely gutted that we have missed out on him. He’s a top class player. I fully understand though why we pulled the plug if the figures being touted are true. This is his last pay day though so I can see why his eyes lit up when he saw what they were willing to pay him.

If regard to him signing for United I don’t buy all this that this a backward step. A little of that IMO is bitterness/sour grapes from some City fans. The truth is they are one of the biggest clubs in world football and win trophies consistently. This season they are behind us in the league but that doesn’t mean they will end the season without a trophy. He probably in football sense would fit in better at City but I think he will improve them no end.

Saying all that this deal could have deeper impacts within the inner echolons of OT while players like Rashford and Martial have their playing time limited and the likes of Pogba want parity on the pay front. I will grab the popcorn....

Agree with this
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:32 am

Sister of fu wrote:I’m genuinely gutted that we have missed out on him. He’s a top class player. I fully understand though why we pulled the plug if the figures being touted are true. This is his last pay day though so I can see why his eyes lit up when he saw what they were willing to pay him.

I share your sentiments regarding missing out on him. He would have been a great option to have but he would have had no certainty of playing time at City and I think that may have been a major factor in his decision as well as the obvious draw of being paid ludicrous sums of money by the Rags.

It's not exactly a huge step forward for him, you couldn't say it's a sideways step joining the Rags but it's not much better. Arsenal are in bad shape at the moment but at least they try and play a good brand of football, the Rags are a hard watch at the best of times under PEG.

It will be very interesting alright to see how contract talks fair for the likes of Pogba, De Gea(his is up at the end of next season) they've set a precedent now with Sanchez and if they are going to have to provide parity for their top players it will get very interesting. I just can't see how it could be sustainable for them, a club that already has the highest debt of any football club in the world.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:36 am

hayling22 wrote:An analogy to me of what the rags are achieving is like building a car...They are taking the best bits of different existing models and trying to connect them together expecting it to run and look like the best thing ever....Instead, it looks like something from Wacky Races, and runs like a pile of crap!

We on the other hand, are building our car from scratch, using the best engineers and designers, the parts fit like a glove, looks chic, and boy does she go!!

Chortle
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:36 am

I think he’ll improve them in the short term. Long term it could cause a lot of issues for them. Like you’ve mentioned Martial and Rashford - especially Martial as he’s scored some important goals for them this season, they might see this as a blocker for them getting game time. Add to that Pogba allegedly wanting a pay rise now I think it’ll turn out to be a poor move for them long term.

Hopefully we’ve got our eyes on someone else for the summer that’s younger than 30 years old. Someone we can mold in to the way we play for the long term.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:40 am

Pogbas' agent is already making noises. This is going to end well.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:49 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:

Interesting that Mickey the Rag is commented as 'Class' whereas one of our own, Gundogan, is classed as, well, being 'Shit'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:07 pm

Mase wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:

Would he get in any of the top teams in the world starting 11? No. Therefore not sure how Phips can call him “class” :lol:

I wouldn't call him 'class', but almost any top club would love to have him as a squad player - plus he's got the (minor) additional advantage of it being unlikely that he'd ever head off to any international tournament in the summer ever (increasingly unlikely for top-level players from UEFA as of next season, with the Euros being expanded to 24 teams), making him an ideal squad player for early-season fixture congestion. I don't get Wenger's obsession with him being part of the deal, though, unless it's due to the Arsenal board being unwilling to fund any other transfers, or a serious concern that they wouldn't be able to attract anyone else considering how their season's going and the uncertainty surrounding Wenger's future at the club.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby phips » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:24 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:

not even close to a joke.

im holding on to the notion that it's Jose's fault.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby phips » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:25 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Interesting that Mickey the Rag is commented as 'Class' whereas one of our own, Gundogan, is classed as, well, being 'Shit'.

uh, yeah? what else would you expect a United fan to say?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby fangsanalsatan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:01 pm

To be fair to phips, he didn't say 'world class'.

Imo, Mkhitaryan is wildly inconsistent. Can be great on a good day, but if the team is struggling, he's the first whose performance level will drop to the ocean floor. Perfect fit for Arsenal.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:38 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:To be fair to phips, he didn't say 'world class'.

Imo, Mkhitaryan is wildly inconsistent. Can be great on a good day, but if the team is struggling, he's the first whose performance level will drop to the ocean floor. Perfect fit for Arsenal.

So you’re agreeing he’s not class then.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby fangsanalsatan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:48 pm

Nah, he's class. Sometimes.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:00 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:Nah, he's class. Sometimes.

When?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum