Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexi Sanchez

Postby Bluelondon » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:46 pm

If we can't get Sanchez we should go for Isco
Bluelondon
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: David silva

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:17 pm

Bluelondon wrote:If we can't get Sanchez we should go for Isco

iirc, he's just extended his contract and said he's staying at RM after interest from across Europe.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby phips » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:27 am

PrezIke wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/13/football-transfer-rumours-chelsea-target-james-rodriguez-move

Poor Alexis Sánchez. Not only has he tolerated three seasons of incompetence along with half a season of spooky dog banners, but now he’s had enough, Arsenal have suddenly decided they’re no longer Manchester City’s feeder club. More generally, they refuse to sell to a rival – a rival for what is unclear – and that, of course, is a principle more important than the basic right of a human being to live and work wherever the hell they want. As such, Sánchez may be forced to join Bayern Munich, who actually thrash Arsenal more often than City; just as well they are not in next season’s Champions League.

:lol:

but of A=B and B=C so A=D right there.

why is he forced to go to Bayern? just hang out at Arsenal for another year and, if he really wants to come to City, he can do it for free next summer. that'd help us since we can reinvest the fee we'd spend on him now into the squad or wages if he comes on a free.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:31 am

phips wrote:
PrezIke wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/13/football-transfer-rumours-chelsea-target-james-rodriguez-move

Poor Alexis Sánchez. Not only has he tolerated three seasons of incompetence along with half a season of spooky dog banners, but now he’s had enough, Arsenal have suddenly decided they’re no longer Manchester City’s feeder club. More generally, they refuse to sell to a rival – a rival for what is unclear – and that, of course, is a principle more important than the basic right of a human being to live and work wherever the hell they want. As such, Sánchez may be forced to join Bayern Munich, who actually thrash Arsenal more often than City; just as well they are not in next season’s Champions League.

why is he forced to go to Bayern? just hang out at Arsenal for another year and, if he really wants to come to City, he can do it for free next summer. that'd help us since we can reinvest the fee we'd spend on him now into the squad or wages if he comes on a free.

In a year's time he could be clapped out and past it

All the more reason not to sign him now ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Justified logic » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:38 am

CTID Hants wrote:

iirc, he's just extended his contract and said he's staying at RM after interest from across Europe.

If we can't get Isco either we should put in a very serious offer for Morata. Say, £100m and drag it out till deadline day.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:48 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
phips wrote:

If that was to be the case MC, then we would've just wasted £50m on a guy for one season. Even for us, that is a helluva lot of money to fork out. Especially how the defence is the priority and a long term replacement for Yaya still needs to be sourced.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:55 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

I'm not so sure he'd be what we are looking for now anyway.

We need a true scoring winger/forward given our issue finishing chances.

With Bernardo coming in now we have a younger, possibly better, or at least eventually better version of Isco anyway.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:26 pm

phips wrote:

This notion that he should be willing to waste a season at Arsenal at 28 years old seems a bit odd to me. Lewandowski did it at Dortmund, but he was 24 or 25, I think.

Missing out on cashing in on him just to spite us, when he will leave anyway is a risky business decision, but I get it. Okay, perhaps Arsenal becomes the next PL club with no European football that wins the league (I am gathering this may be Wenger's thinking), but we are setting ourselves up to deal with this issue better. But Sanchez seems like more of one to mak

Sam Lee rated the likelihood of us signing Sanchez as a 7 out of 10 about a week ago.

However, given what Dortmund did with Lewandowski along with Wenger's history with us and stubbornness, I can still see him doing the same with Sanchez.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Scatman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:45 pm

I would expect and hope that the people who own arsenal see the pound signs and cave in at the last minute but not before making it look like is entirely down to player power.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:33 pm

they will either drag this out until the 11th hour or refuse to sell to us at all. i'm hoping for the latter.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:38 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
phips wrote:

If that was to be the case MC, then we would've just wasted £50m on a guy for one season. Even for us, that is a helluva lot of money to fork out. Especially how the defence is the priority and a long term replacement for Yaya still needs to be sourced.

I always want us to sign more forwards NB but, in this case, just not Sanchez.

Moreover, as you say, we have other priorities which badly need addressing and which will be quite expensive in themselves.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Slim » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:20 am

He's a match winner. Can't have too many of them. With Nolito and Navas off the books, there's certainly room. Am I alone in this thinking he'd be a great capture for City?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:30 am

Slim wrote:He's a match winner. Can't have too many of them. With Nolito and Navas off the books, there's certainly room. Am I alone in this thinking he'd be a great capture for City?

Unbeatable IMO.....get our defence right and we are the RM or Barcelona of England.......seriously.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:34 am

Slim wrote:He's a match winner. Can't have too many of them. With Nolito and Navas off the books, there's certainly room. Am I alone in this thinking he'd be a great capture for City?

He'd be good signing as "cherry on top of the cake". However we need complete defence revamp. I mean keeper was (hopefully) a good start but we need at least one world class (that's the tricky bit) centerback and probably at least three fullbacks. I'd love to have quality holding midfielder or box-to-box midfielder as well. We could do with Sanchez but can live without him as well.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Mase » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:58 am

He's no Lee Bradbury but he's alright.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby patrickblue » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:09 am

Scatman wrote:I would expect and hope that the people who own arsenal see the pound signs and cave in at the last minute but not before making it look like is entirely down to player power.

That's how I see it unfolding too.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:48 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

He'd be good signing as "cherry on top of the cake". However we need complete defence revamp. I mean keeper was (hopefully) a good start but we need at least one world class (that's the tricky bit) centerback and probably at least three fullbacks. I'd love to have quality holding midfielder or box-to-box midfielder as well. We could do with Sanchez but can live without him as well.

Not really thinking the club is aligned with your assessment mate.

Now, if Kompany picks up another injury this summer then I can see us doing this, but otherwise I'm not convinced they see things the way you do. An issue here is there aren't exactly many of these available. Who would your target be?

Stones needs to play to improve, and was performing well until he was injured. Then Otamendi was playing quite well along side Vinny. So well that Pep didn't even bring Stones back in for the last few games after he was fit. What player of such a level would want to compete with 3 other CB's? I am assuming you would sell Otamendi then?

As for fullbacks, we are clearly going to sign at least 2, and probably 3. There are loads of stories out there that we are trying to sign such players so this idea that we cannot focus on both attack and defence seems odd to me. It's not as if we are going to ignore the fact that we have let 3 of our fullbacks go, right?

With our attack, I think I disagree. We do need to improve it if we want to get to the next level as a club. I love Sane, Jesus and Sterling, but they are nowhere near as proven as Sanchez, and I read that we created the most chances in the PL but our rate of chance conversion compared to Chelsea's (for example) was drastically different.

We were nowhere near clinical enough for all of the talent we have and it very much led to our record just as much as our defence, arguably, because if we converted on some key chances this season I think we would have been challenging for the title.

Alexis is exactly the kind of player we need so we can take on Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern and move ahead of clubs in the PL as THE team to beat. I constantly heard we had the best squad the last 2 seasons, but I have disagreed due to weaknesses we are looking to address, and adding Pep helps with as well. If by some miracle we sign Mbappe this summer (I doubt it), while he's not as proven for as long as Sanchez, he has already shown it consistently at the highest levels which our young attacking players have yet to show.

I really hope we sign him and believe we will benefit so immensely from it that the defensive worries will be less problematic, especially if we have fullbacks that truly fit Pep's philosophy -- which seems sure to happen.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:55 pm

Anyone seen him in Greggs yet?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:03 am

I'm so torn on this one. Genuinely cannot decide how I feel. Exciting if he does come tho.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:19 am

PrezIke wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Not really thinking the club is aligned with your assessment mate.

Now, if Kompany picks up another injury this summer then I can see us doing this, but otherwise I'm not convinced they see things the way you do. An issue here is there aren't exactly many of these available. Who would your target be?

Stones needs to play to improve, and was performing well until he was injured. Then Otamendi was playing quite well along side Vinny. So well that Pep didn't even bring Stones back in for the last few games after he was fit. What player of such a level would want to compete with 3 other CB's? I am assuming you would sell Otamendi then?

As for fullbacks, we are clearly going to sign at least 2, and probably 3. There are loads of stories out there that we are trying to sign such players so this idea that we cannot focus on both attack and defence seems odd to me. It's not as if we are going to ignore the fact that we have let 3 of our fullbacks go, right?

With our attack, I think I disagree. We do need to improve it if we want to get to the next level as a club. I love Sane, Jesus and Sterling, but they are nowhere near as proven as Sanchez, and I read that we created the most chances in the PL but our rate of chance conversion compared to Chelsea's (for example) was drastically different.

We were nowhere near clinical enough for all of the talent we have and it very much led to our record just as much as our defence, arguably, because if we converted on some key chances this season I think we would have been challenging for the title.

Alexis is exactly the kind of player we need so we can take on Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern and move ahead of clubs in the PL as THE team to beat. I constantly heard we had the best squad the last 2 seasons, but I have disagreed due to weaknesses we are looking to address, and adding Pep helps with as well. If by some miracle we sign Mbappe this summer (I doubt it), while he's not as proven for as long as Sanchez, he has already shown it consistently at the highest levels which our young attacking players have yet to show.

I really hope we sign him and believe we will benefit so immensely from it that the defensive worries will be less problematic, especially if we have fullbacks that truly fit Pep's philosophy -- which seems sure to happen.

You can't win anything with stones and otamendi let alone go for the quadruple. If u pin our hopes on kompany staying fit that's gross negligence for me from the management. It's a priority for me.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum