Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexis Sanchez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:10 am

PrezIke wrote:Amazed so many here are against signing him...nearly baffling.

He'd take us to the next level.

We can't wait a season as he is aging. We'd have him for 2-3 seasons at top levels, and then SJS to take over fully.

I don't think people are against him as such. It's just not position we should concentrate on with what resources we have for the summer (both UEFA fair play allocation and what Sheik, bless him, will give Spaffia to spend).

I like Sanchez but I LOVE Sterling and Sane. Then we got G-Sus who apparently prefersto play out wide. And of course behind them numerous back ups who may not be good enough to be regular starters but serve their purpose. AND then there is Patrick Roberts. Admittedly I've seen very little of him but I've been trying to keep tabs (as with most of our loanees with remote chance of making it) via highlights and match reports (which don't necesserily give you the full picture) and I have to say that I'm little excited. To the extent that I think we might be best off keeping him at least for the first part of the season next year.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby fangsanalsatan » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:02 am

Adebayor, Kolo, Nasri, Clichy, Sagna... Alexis?
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:19 am

This rumour seems to be gathering steam but we've seen this before. It doesn't feel like a contract tactic but could be he's trying to generate interest from top clubs and a City interest rumour usually does the trick.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:54 pm

If he comes here ? Sergio is leaving.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:43 pm

Hazy2 wrote:If he comes here ? Sergio is leaving.

You would think so.

Personally id go for sanchez and llorente on the assumption aguero is leaving.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Original Dub » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:14 pm

I don't want aguero to go and I don't think he needs to.
He stays one more year and he'll be our greatest ever goal scorer. And he'll be 29.

If jesus or someone else permanently puts him in their shadow next season, let him go.

Winner winner
Original Dub

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:02 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
freshie wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
sheblue wrote:I hope this is not true. Fucking madness. Can the thick fuckers not see what is NEEDED.

So how does buying Sanchez stop City from getting new fullbacks, a centre back and GK?

It doesn't and I did not say that it did.

We must concentrate on our most urgent priorities get them sorted first and foremost above all else this is critical now.
This is just a distraction from solving the real problems.

Firstly the Alexis rumours are just that - rumours. And how does us signing him mean that we haven't already sorted other deals out? Pep knows where we need to strengthen which is why this summer's transfer window will be our most important one so far. No excuses next season

I heard a while back that we had two full-backs sorted. Hopefully that's the case.

Any idea who the two players were/are PD ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:31 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
freshie wrote:[quo

Any idea who the two players were/are PD ??

Unfortunately not, mate. It was a nod and a wink rather than anything specific.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:34 pm

1) he's a weasel cunt that is spinrless. We have HEAPS of those
2) we have many other priorities
3) it would mean selling a legend. The best goalscorer in history who still bangs then in. For what? Don't get me wrong agueros play has done my nutt in recently but the two aren't comparable.
4) pep banging on about attack is our issue not defence is so worrying. We could sign messing and we wouldn't be any higher
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:48 pm

Nick wrote:1) he's a weasel cunt that is spinrless. We have HEAPS of those
3) it would mean selling a legend. The best goalscorer in history who still bangs then in. For what? Don't get me wrong agueros play has done my nutt in recently but the two aren't comparable.
4) pep banging on about attack is our issue not defence is so worrying. We could sign messing and we wouldn't be any higher

lioneling messing is also a weasel cunt that is spinrless
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:56 am

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:

lioneling messing is also a weasel cunt that is spinrless

Any relation to Debra Messing ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PrezIke » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:27 am

So Kun has been performing at top form this season? Who's had a better one he or Alexis? I love Sergio and he is a legend who I have wanted to be my favourite player when we signed him, and for what he has done for us but his flaws are more pronounced with how we play. To be fair, as incredible as he is scoring goals some have critiqued Aguero's attitude at times as well.

See how he performed under Pellegrini the last two seasons. See his performance with the rest of the team against Madrid. Yes, he has had a lot of injuries, but this season he has not, and something still seems adrift. Is it meshing with Pep? Is it that he is aging fast? Is it the system does not suit him? He is trying a lot more and I've seen it but it sometimes seems a bit unnatural to him.

Thing is we may be able to keep him and still sign Sanchez. Don't think Jesus (especially), Sane and Raheem will like that too much, but it would mean do or die for Sergio, that's for sure, and/or Sanchez.

The spineless accusations are quite interesting. Where does that come from? He is late in his career, is at top level and wants to be at a club of similar level. I don't think that's wrong for him to expect.

Alexis has also come from a tough background as a child growing up in real poverty in a mining town and may be partially why he may be about the immediate -- win now for me mentality that seems selfish on the outside and about a "bad attitude" -- because of coming from such instability. It happens to others like this as well in various ways. It also probably drives him.

Of course I would be naive to not recall that Sergio also has come from a poor background. Yet, they do seem to have clearly different personalities that may have come in response to their experiences, families, and whatever else created their personalities. Either way he'd be a very welcome addition to our club and I'd love to see he and Sergio get a chance to play together, rotating with SJS.

We shall see.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:00 am

What is this nonsense about Aguero and this season? We are talking about feller who has scored 28 goals in 38 games. Absolutely fucking ridiculous. Sanchez is a good player but not fit to clean Kun's boots even in his supposed "down" year.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:16 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:What is this nonsense about Aguero and this season? We are talking about feller who has scored 28 goals in 38 games. Absolutely fucking ridiculous. Sanchez is a good player but not fit to clean Kun's boots even in his supposed "down" year.

Thank God for a sane voice.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby aaron bond » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:20 am

I don't understand the people who are saying that Aguero will be leaving if we sign Sanchez.

Why can't we have both?

We need at least 3 top forwards. We've got by with 1 this season and we'll have Jesus ready next season. Iheanacho clearly isn't favoured by Pep so it's unlikely we'll see much more from him.

In both our title winning seasons in recent years we had 4 forwards. We've suffered significantly this season from not scoring enough so Sanchez would be welcome addition on top of what we have.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:25 am

Dubciteh wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:If he comes here ? Sergio is leaving.

You would think so.
Personally I'd go for Sanchez and Llorente on the assumption Aguero is leaving.

A 32 year-old Spanish Andy Carroll and might even come with his own treatment table included in the absurdly inflated price.
If signing this geriatric throwback is what they mean by Pep changing the face of English football we might just as well get Tony Pulis instead and save a few million quid.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby everyonehatesus » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:31 am

As none of us has a fucking clue what's going on behind the scenes we are all making some big assumptions, it could just as easily be that kun wants to fuck off as he doesn't like the gaffers methods. He may be going all out to to impress to secure a decent move somewhere and of course it could all be just bollocks.
big managers make big decisions, I hate to use the whisky nosed cunt as an example but he new when to get rid and look what it did for them lot.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Michael Brookes » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:50 am

Thoroughly recommend listening to the latest 93:20 podcast. They have Graham Hunter on as a special guest to discuss this specific topic. Some great insight into how things were between Sanchez and pep over at Barca
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:51 am

Care to tell how it was for us who aren't listening?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:58 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:What is this nonsense about Aguero and this season? We are talking about feller who has scored 28 goals in 38 games. Absolutely fucking ridiculous. Sanchez is a good player but not fit to clean Kun's boots even in his supposed "down" year.

Thank God for a sane voice.

This all day long . I like Sanchez very good player
As an addition not as a replacement
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum