Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:37 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:We weren't 'over confident', we had an agreement in principle. Nothing was binding and you cannot legislate for another club coming in and raising the bar so high (if rumours are to believed) that he becomes one of the highest paid players in the world. If the transfer went through at those valuations then you are now talking about a player who would give you at least 5 years service and a possible resale value at the end of it. Don't get me wrong, we would pay big money if we really wanted him, which was shown in the summer, but to welsh on a deal, when trust is the ethos of the team, it's something you can't go back to.

However, I think we should at least match the Rags/Chavs offer, just to push the price up even more. Rags look like they need to get rid of a player before they can get him so it would be nice for them to lose put 2 ways.

Even better, Rags can't get a player out, we pull out at the 12th hour and Sanchez is left to rot at Arsenal. If Carlsberg did fuck ups, eh?

You obviously pay a lot more for a player when it's an open market. We didn't properly have that in summer, because even though China, PSG and Bayern were offering huge money. They were being told he wanted only us.

That only changed when our position changed. I believe we were happy to see him stay at Arsenal until summer and he was not. He had agreed lower wages with us and I think he would have stuck with that if we had not gone cold on him this window.

We didn't go cold, the same offer was on the table as was in the summer.

Going back to why I think you're being naive, do you really believe that Sanchez and his agent didn't consider that Arsenal and City may not agree a deal in January, especially given what had just transpired in the summer?

As soon as that move broke down in the summer Sanchez' agent would've made contingency plans in the event there was no agreement between the two clubs in January. The idea that Utd just had this sudden brainwave of going for him now is also naive, as soon as they missed out on Perisic plans would've been made to rectify that in January.

We went cold by not offering an acceptable transfer to Arsenal. We offered £20m, when they wanted £35m. What is more we said that's our final offer this window.

Sanchez's camp probably thought there was a very real possibility he would be stuck there until summer. We even declared that was our preferred option.

There was no need for Sanchez's camp to make contingency plans in summer, they were as frustrated as us with Arsenal. He wanted to come to one of the richest clubs in the world with the best manager and both sides were in agreement.

I'm sure United and many other clubs wanted him in summer, he's one of the best players in the PL, but you only bid for players when you get encouragement.

I believe he would have been ours if we had handled it better.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:39 am

Who's he signed for, Rags or Chavs?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:43 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Okay Plain Speaking, I'll put it this way, Sanchez turned down other offers in the summer because he only wanted Pep, right? Where did that leave him? Stuck at Arsenal. He's obviously not willing for the same to happen again so will entertain other clubs.

I'll repeat, we didn't go cold, the same offer was on the table.

The only reason he didn't move in summer was because Arsenal couldn't get a replacement in before the window shut. Nothing to with "only wanting Pep"
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:55 am

Plain Speaking wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Okay Plain Speaking, I'll put it this way, Sanchez turned down other offers in the summer because he only wanted Pep, right? Where did that leave him? Stuck at Arsenal. He's obviously not willing for the same to happen again so will entertain other clubs.

The only reason he didn't move in summer was because Arsenal couldn't get a replacement in before the window shut. Nothing to with "only wanting Pep"

Personally I think Arsenal were playing silly buggers.

But hey, now who cares, let's move on.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:11 pm

Arsenal do not know how to deal with modern players and agents, you only have to look at the players running down contracts and Wenger's got it all wrong 35 mill or 60. Greedy agents have been primed since Aug to make 4/5/6 mill from a club for an easy deal. City had him, the agent has tapped up every team and the player now looks a twat, he is finished at Arsenal now, still I would not be surprised if he ends up at PSG/Bayern/Chelsea in the window or even to us in the summer for free.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:20 pm

Will be very disappointed if he ends up at United. We have been crying out for someone like him for the last couple of months, where we have scrapped by in a good few games and we are looking tired now. Sanchez has kept himself fresh so far this season and will be rearing to go for the rest of the season.

If its true (as reported) that Sanchez preferred us but United blew us out of the water financially and we backed away, i think it is very short sighted. We didnt need to increase Sanchez's wages, we just needed to increase his sign on fee (which could be private anyway so other players dont become unsettled). We also didnt need to increase our offer by much to Arsenal as if we still had Sanchez on side, he would just tell arsenal that he has no interest in talking to united. Instead we seemed pin on hopes on the idealistic thought that Pep's pull is so great that a player would not consider another CL club.

With Sanchez, i would put us as clear CL favs, without him we are in the mix.

*caveat to all the above is if we have pulled back due to another world class player becoming available then fair enough, if not we need to get over our morals and become ruthless like in the Garry Cook days
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby dazby » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:21 pm

A heck of a lot of assuming going on. Let’s just wait for an announcement before writing him on or off shall we?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:22 pm

We're due some good news now. Come on the execs!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:25 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:

There was reports that we had the £60mill offer on the table for weeks before the end of the transfer window and arsenal kept rejecting it (for whatever reason). They only accepted it on the morning the transfer window was shutting but they needed to get a replacement in and their own incompetence meant that they fucked that up and Sanchez had to stay. Obviously in hindsight they should have taken the £60mill (whether they could get a replacement or not) but they are one shoddy run club so dont think anyone was too suprised
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby City64 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:18 pm

Rags in trouble over this deal now it’s seems , jim white from SSN tweeting he is hearing less than 10% chance of deal happening Mikaliteran or whatever his fucking name is is refusing to join Arsenal ! You just couldn’t make this shit up what a mess haha
Last edited by City64 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 pm

john@staustell wrote:We're due some good news now. Come on the execs!

what.... :shock:
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:06 pm

10 mill for Myki lets play the game. C'mon Pep.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:30 pm

Hazy2 wrote:10 mill for Myki lets play the game. C'mon Pep.

Hey Mickey, Hey Mickey, you don't understand.
You've got to go to Arse,
So that we can get our man.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:41 pm

I personally think we have play d a blinder ————-

I don’t care if we sign him or not .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:29 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I personally think we have play d a blinder ————-

I don’t care if we sign him or not .

If we have a plan B I'll agree. Or if we somehow end up with him, now or the summer.
Either way I think in the long run, drawing a line in the sand is correct.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:35 pm

Rags now want a straight swap for MickeyTerryandIan. :roll:

Raiola wants MickeyTerryandIan contract paid up in full. Two and a half years left at £150,000 a week = £20,000,000. :lol: :lol:

Raiola thinks the Rags are good for it after spending like its going out of fashion. :lol: :lol:

Everyone wants a piece of the action. :lol: :lol:

Setting a precedent has its disadvantages. :lol: :lol:

Every transfer these fuckers go in for now is going to be tripled in price. :lol: :lol:

Raiola is also Pogba Agent.......you know what happens next after Sanchez signs for £350,000 a week :lol: :lol:
Last edited by zabbadabbado on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:36 pm

Im not bothered to sign him either, never have been,

Not sure we have played a blinder as yet but City certainly have played this well, not got excited and stuck to a simple script.

As for the player - i know sometimes the grass is always greener etc, but i for one have never seen what the fuss is about. He puts in the effort but i dont see that he is any better a player than Gundo in fact i rekon he would be more frustrating, his passing stats are poor for the level he is supposed to be at. Certainly not the messiah.
We need team players yes but we need potential game changers to add to this team. I trust City but more than happy to move on. If he is free in summer then fine.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:38 pm

Maybe we wanted to secure a deal for “Fred” before the World Cup. Deciding that was more important than bringing that greedy little bastard on board. :D

A few clubs are sniffing around him.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:02 pm

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Kippax Sean » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:23 pm

:lol: heard scum/arse negotiations have stalled because mickeyhairyarse doesn't want to go to London. Hope we've washed our hands and walked away.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum