Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Postby Kippax Sean » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:47 pm

how far removed from the real world are the likes of Sanchez? IMO not that far. If he really wanted to play for us he could make it happen. Worst case scenario tough it out and get on with it for a few months. FFS arsenal FC. Isn't like doing a stretch in strangeways.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:02 pm

Hahaha has anyone seen the picture of his family arriving at the airport?

Scruffy twats!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:07 pm

Mase wrote:Hahaha has anyone seen the picture of his family arriving at the airport?

Scruffy twats!

they look like they come from a shithole country...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Plain Speaking » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:10 pm

Mase wrote:Hahaha has anyone seen the picture of his family arriving at the airport?

Scruffy twats!

Apparently he is from a really poor background, they are probably encouraging him to take the ridiculous money from the rags, rather than more trophies from Pep.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:12 pm

The more minutes pass the less I want him here.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby littlebig » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:13 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:

Scruffy twats!

Apparently he is from a really poor background, they are probably encouraging him to take the ridiculous money from the rags, rather than more trophies from Pep.

Poor people I know usually place more value on things other than money, and the opposite being true for the rich
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:20 pm

littlebig wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

Scruffy twats!

Poor people I know usually place more value on things other than money, and the opposite being true for the rich

I thought Beverley Hillbillies - rather uncharitably :oops:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Plain Speaking » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:23 pm

littlebig wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

Scruffy twats!

Depends how you define "poor" there's not many in this country that haven't got drinking water and food to prevent starvation. For some of the footballers from Africa, their football salaries can dramatically change community prospects for generations.
I don't know how poor Sanchez's family and neighborhood are?
Plain Speaking

Postby Plain Speaking » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:34 pm

A bit of background on his upbringing:
"Sanchez may now be able to call himself a Premier League footballer but he has not always led such a gilded life.
Arsenal's forward grew up in poverty-stricken rural Chile in a mining town called Tocopilla - which literally means Devil's Corner - and he used to perform on the street for money at the tender age of six.
Sanchez struggled so much growing up that despite his talent, his family couldn’t afford to buy football boots for him to play in top team.
In the end, the mayor of Tocopilla paid up and bought Sanchez the boots – after speaking to his mother."
Plain Speaking

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:36 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Scruffy twats!

they look like they come from a shithole country...

They’ll fit right in in Salford then.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:02 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:A bit of background on his upbringing:
"Sanchez may now be able to call himself a Premier League footballer but he has not always led such a gilded life.
Arsenal's forward grew up in poverty-stricken rural Chile in a mining town called Tocopilla - which literally means Devil's Corner - and he used to perform on the street for money at the tender age of six.
Sanchez struggled so much growing up that despite his talent, his family couldn’t afford to buy football boots for him to play in top team.
In the end, the mayor of Tocopilla paid up and bought Sanchez the boots – after speaking to his mother."

Yeah, thank fuck now he can buy any boots with that 15 mil from Rags.
He dodged a bullet there, he could had only 10 mil at his disposal.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:16 pm

Still convinced Sanchez will be unveiled as a Rag player at some point tonight, probably 10 minutes before kick off in front of the Sky TV Cameras, for maximum exposure for the media attention whores. Also to rub our noses in it. ;)

Still can’t believe Arsenal would sell to a direct rival like the Rags. Every chance Rags and them could be fighting for 4th place this season. Shows you what happens with greedy owners only interested in screwing fans over every year. Our owners get a bad press for investing in our Club/community. Whilst owners like theirs rip fans off.

I hope we finish 1st,Liverpool 2nd ,Chelsea 3rd, and the Rags Dick the Arse (see what I did there :lol: :lol: ) by a point for 4th costing them what ever the fuck it is qualifying for the Chumps League.

And let the Rags dare tell us we have ruined football ever again. These bastards along with PSG have destroyed the game with £100,000 000 signings like Lukaku,Pogba,and silly contracts on offer.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:18 pm

Scruffy twats!
I thought they were Mexicans deported by Trump to the UK until i turned the sound up. :lol: :lol:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:32 pm

From Twitter@

Breaking | Manchester United have categorically rejected a swap deal offered by Arsenal for Alexis Sanchez in exchange for Anthony Martial, negotiations continue for the Chilean, according to RMC.

17:16 - 15 Jan 2018
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wooders » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:58 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:From Twitter@

Breaking | Manchester United have categorically rejected a swap deal offered by Arsenal for Alexis Sanchez in exchange for Anthony Martial, negotiations continue for the Chilean, according to RMC.

17:16 - 15 Jan 2018

Also from twitter this time yesterday “it’s a done deal”
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:05 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Still convinced Sanchez will be unveiled as a Rag player at some point tonight, probably 10 minutes before kick off in front of the Sky TV Cameras, for maximum exposure for the media attention whores. Also to rub our noses in it. ;)

Still can’t believe Arsenal would sell to a direct rival like the Rags. Every chance Rags and them could be fighting for 4th place this season. Shows you what happens with greedy owners only interested in screwing fans over every year. Our owners get a bad press for investing in our Club/community. Whilst owners like theirs rip fans off.

I hope we finish 1st,Liverpool 2nd ,Chelsea 3rd, and the Rags Dick the Arse (see what I did there :lol: :lol: ) by a point for 4th costing them what ever the fuck it is qualifying for the Chumps League.

And let the Rags dare tell us we have ruined football ever again. These bastards along with PSG have destroyed the game with £100,000 000 signings like Lukaku,Pogba,and silly contracts on offer.

I personally don't think it will happen.

My view is that Sanchez, being somewhat precious, was left feeling unloved when City wouldn't match the rags.
I think the meeting between him and City is to reassure him that he is wanted.
I think he'll be here.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:08 pm

The sticking point is Mkitarian. They offered 20m plus him, or 20m without. And still can't get rid!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dimples » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:10 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Still convinced Sanchez will be unveiled as a Rag player at some point tonight, probably 10 minutes before kick off in front of the Sky TV Cameras, for maximum exposure for the media attention whores. Also to rub our noses in it. ;)

From the outside looking in this is a no brainer for Sanchez. Worse case is he must wait until the Summer before he joins us.

Say Arsenal say to Sanchez 'move to the highest bidder (the Rags) or we will not let you leave (for us)'
Why move - he does not lose out by staying - actually he probably gains.
If he moves to the Rags now he loses out on a massive signing on fee in the summer, works for a negative coach and probably wins nothing this season
If he waits until summer he gets his massive signing on fee, works for a positive coach, probably wins nothing this season (with Arsenal) and is positioned with a club that has a higher probability of success (us)

Based on that he has to be headed our way.
Last edited by Dimples on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:11 pm

john@staustell wrote:The sticking point is Mkitarian. They offered 20m plus him, or 20m without. And still can't get rid!

Poor ol' Mickey.

He's too shite for the rags, and arse are too shite for him.

Watch on youtube.com
Last edited by patrickblue on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:13 pm

I think this entire, long drawn out, pseudo Wagnerian 'saga' has now become the perfect cure for insomnia.

We've possibly dodged a potential bullet here, let's just move on.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum