Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Postby ENIAM NAM » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:20 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Figures this morning are up to £70m plus Denayer! Much as he would improve us, that is too high a price for me.

Why get hung up on the price? What's he worth on a 4 year contract when he's with us? Must be way in excess of £70m in this market. Good business as far as I'm concerned - get it done.

We still have to balance the books, make a profit, adhere to financial regulations. Not to mention his salary might piss off existing players. Every player has a price as they say and given the circumstances with Sanchez I feel £70m plus a player we could get £10m for is too steep. I'd sooner meet the buyout of the lad at Madrid, Asencio.

I'm with you on this NB.

No Shit Sherlocks. Who wouldn't.

Can we get Sanchez? Yes. Would he improve us? Yes. Could we get Asencio? No chance.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby blues2win » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:23 pm

No one knows the buy out clause on Asensio but it's almost certainly much higher than 70 million. In any case he wants to stay at Real Madrid and be their main man in a couple of years. No chance.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:30 pm

blues2win wrote:No one knows the buy out clause on Asensio but it's almost certainly much higher than 70 million. In any case he wants to stay at Real Madrid and be their main man in a couple of years. No chance.

A year ago there was no chance of Neymar or Messi leaving Barca. One has gone and the other could very feasibly go next summer. Money talks and we have it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues2win » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:46 pm

He doesn't want to leave. Neymar did. You can't trigger a release clause in those circumstances. The expectation is he'll sign a new contract with a release clause through the roof anyway. He's not coming to City.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:10 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Figures this morning are up to £70m plus Denayer! Much as he would improve us, that is too high a price for me.

Why get hung up on the price? What's he worth on a 4 year contract when he's with us? Must be way in excess of £70m in this market. Good business as far as I'm concerned - get it done.

We still have to balance the books, make a profit, adhere to financial regulations. Not to mention his salary might piss off existing players. Every player has a price as they say and given the circumstances with Sanchez I feel £70m plus a player we could get £10m for is too steep. I'd sooner meet the buyout of the lad at Madrid, Asencio.

I'm with you on this NB.

No Shit Sherlocks. Who wouldn't.

Can we get Sanchez? Yes. Would he improve us? Yes. Could we get Asencio? No chance.

Seems as though you're quite a flamboyant and uncompromising wordsmith EN. :D :D

Since I remain highly dubious about the positive qualities that Sanchez could bring to us and have voiced this opinion on a number of occasions, the choice of the two was easy for me. If we can't get Asensio which, as you say is a nailed on impossibility, then I certainly don't want Sanchez.

He seems an expensive option for a transfer born of seeming desperation.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:20 am

choreographed tweet from the Mirror's John Cross (Gooner employee) and Talksport radio starting utterly fabricated Sterling/Sanchez swap story
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:28 am

johnny crossan wrote:choreographed tweet from the Mirror's John Cross (Gooner employee) and Talksport radio starting utterly fabricated Sterling/Sanchez swap story

Ah the Mirror, it must be true then.
:lol:
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:33 am

johnny crossan wrote:choreographed tweet from the Mirror's John Cross (Gooner employee) and Talksport radio starting utterly fabricated Sterling/Sanchez swap story

Just heard it on TS and had to say, I was a little taken back.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dunnylad » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:34 am

Which everyone else has jumped on and is reporting as gospel including the local (Sunderland) radio station we have on in the office - seems mental, but nothing would surprise me with Pep as he seems to have a blind spot with Sanchez
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Justified logic » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:49 am

Dunnylad wrote:

Which everyone else has jumped on and is reporting as gospel including the local (Sunderland) radio station we have on in the office - seems mental, but nothing would surprise me with Pep as he seems to have a blind spot with Sanchez

Not so long ago talksport were trying to launch an Aguero-for-Sanchez swapsies story. Utter drivel from that station.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:52 am

Justified logic wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:

Not so long ago talksport were trying to launch an Aguero-for-Sanchez swapsies story. Utter drivel from that station.

Slow news time and they'll jump on anything. Didn't hear the full story but they started off exasperated so you know they were going to make a meal of it and slag off Pep and the club.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blue In Bolton » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:10 am

If this part exchange happens then I will have definitely made my mind up about Guardiola and joining the highly dissatisfied crowd. Raheem offers us something that nobody else does in the team at the moment - sheer pace and youthful enough to use it.

Not impressed or happy but then again I wasn't when we swapped Bishop & Morley for Mark Ward and he turned out to be decent.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:40 am

Been given permission to leave Chile camp to conduct private business according to somebody in the other place.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:43 am

I couldn't believe it when I heard it. Guardiola loves Sterling and I'd rather give this Sanchez deal a big swerve if Sterling goes the other way.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:45 am

Blue In Bolton wrote:If this part exchange happens then I will have definitely made my mind up about Guardiola and joining the highly dissatisfied crowd. Raheem offers us something that nobody else does in the team at the moment - sheer pace and youthful enough to use it.

Not impressed or happy but then again I wasn't when we swapped Bishop & Morley for Mark Ward and he turned out to be decent.

You and me both. But it has to be utter bullshit.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Original Dub » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:00 am

Sky now running with it as breaking news and stating that it's sky sources, whrn we all know it's the daily star, followed by the mirror.

Sterling or aguero could be used apparently.

Why not both?
Plus 30m maybe?

They really do like making us out to be cunts
Original Dub

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:20 am

Original Dub wrote:Sky now running with it as breaking news and stating that it's sky sources, whrn we all know it's the daily star, followed by the mirror.

Sterling or aguero could be used apparently.

Why not both?
Plus 30m maybe?

They really do like making us out to be cunts

Jamie Jackson is the source as usual. Why they let this rag degenerate into the Etihad is a complete mystery.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:21 am

Here's where the story first "breaks"

www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/6408 ... -swap-deal
Original Dub

Postby freshie » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:26 am

2 journalists from the same rag contradicting each other
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby edge275 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:29 am

I'd love it if we swapped Sterling for Sanchez.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum