Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Postby Herb » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:26 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I'm sorry but it's a "grass is greener" view.
Sergio's record stands scrutiny compared to anyone.
Whisper it everybody, but Jesus has looked dog shit for weeks now.

I love Kun, who couldn’t love him given our history and his part in it?
However, he needs viewing through something other than blue tints if you’re ever going to see him for what he is.
Take away his penalties and Aguero’s goal scoring record is simply not amazing, add in that despite him upping his effort massively (hats off to the guy) he’s still much less impressive in the press than Jesus or indeed any other of our forward / midfield players (and he’s therefore a weak link in our system).
He’s been a ‘ball fed’ player throughout his time with City and the Agüero-centric play he’s required has upped his stats at detriment to the team - we do well without him . . and some could argue with conviction that we do much better without him.

IMO we’re 2 strikers shy of a set and we need Sanchez or similar + a striker who isn’t a midget so that we have 4 front options that provide something different - something to confound the ever more polished bus parking that we’ll need to contend with.
Sanchez is a particularly good fit because he can play in any front position and we can pick him up for a fraction of the price that players of his caliber command . . the purchase is pretty much a no brainer that can only be upset by Arsène being a stubborn old fool or Kun kicking up such a screaming stink that it causes pause for thought on the squad harmony front (he might do that but, if so, then I think it will signal his forced departure in summer so that additions can be made without tantrums ensuing thereafter).
If Agüero can’t hack having competition for places then he isn’t a good fit for our squad because we need strength in depth to compete on all fronts as we want to win on all fronts.
My vote is get Sanchez in + 1 more and if Agüero jumps ship then get another 2 strikers in. I suspect that if we do sign Sanchez this January then we’ll win the PL plus couple of pots and a fist full of winners medals might just inspire my mate Kun to hang around for a while longer . . . . I hope so anyhow.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby BrianF » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:43 pm

Herb wrote:

However, he needs viewing through something other than blue tints if you’re ever going to see him for what he is.
Take away his penalties and Aguero’s goal scoring record is simply not amazing, add in that despite him upping his effort massively (hats off to the guy) he’s still much less impressive in the press than Jesus or indeed any other of our forward / midfield players (and he’s therefore a weak link in our system).
He’s been a ‘ball fed’ player throughout his time with City and the Agüero-centric play he’s required has upped his stats at detriment to the team - we do well without him . . and some could argue with conviction that we do much better without him.

IMO we’re 2 strikers shy of a set and we need Sanchez or similar + a striker who isn’t a midget so that we have 4 front options that provide something different - something to confound the ever more polished bus parking that we’ll need to contend with.
Sanchez is a particularly good fit because he can play in any front position and we can pick him up for a fraction of the price that players of his caliber command . . the purchase is pretty much a no brainer that can only be upset by Arsène being a stubborn old fool or Kun kicking up such a screaming stink that it causes pause for thought on the squad harmony front (he might do that but, if so, then I think it will signal his forced departure in summer so that additions can be made without tantrums ensuing thereafter).
If Agüero can’t hack having competition for places then he isn’t a good fit for our squad because we need strength in depth to compete on all fronts as we want to win on all fronts.
My vote is get Sanchez in + 1 more and if Agüero jumps ship then get another 2 strikers in. I suspect that if we do sign Sanchez this January then we’ll win the PL plus couple of pots and a fist full of winners medals might just inspire my mate Kun to hang around for a while longer . . . . I hope so anyhow.

A fair and thought provoklng assessment !
BrianF
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:04 pm

dazby wrote:No.

You are a walking, talking, pointed hat wearing spastic.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:05 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Just a mindless, inane, post Christmas thought but, if we do get Sanchez, in some games we'd have a front three (Sané, Sterling and Sanchez) with names all beginning with the letter 'S'.

Add to that Stones and the two Silvas........perhaps others might start referring to us as Sityzens ??

You are SUCH a nice man.

Not like that cunt Nigels Tackle.

you fucking fat wanker

Just back from the gym...I look fucking amazing.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:28 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

An edited post. You typed “your” and then changed it didn’t you.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:20 pm

dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

No , I changed the words 'gormless cunt' to a 'spastic'.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:18 pm

BrianF wrote:
Herb wrote:

A fair and thought provoklng assessment !

I think that's a bit UNfair to be honest. I think Kun is still a better all round footballer than Jesus by some margin. He'll come deep to get the ball, beats players, his passing is much improved and he is more likely to keep the ball more often.
We can look a bit 'powder puff' without him.
It's all about opinions, but I'd say 'weak link' is a harsh and inaccurate view.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:00 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

No , I changed the words 'gormless cunt' to a 'spastic'.

Good choice sir.
Gormless has always seemed a strange word to me as I don’t know anyone who actually has enough gorm.

Sorry Dazby. I know I’m probably not helping.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby RodneyRodney » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:02 am

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/29/alexis-sanchez-frustration-dressing-room-bust-up

"Alexis Sánchez was at the heart of a dressing room bust-up after Arsenal’s away win against Burnley last month . . . "
"confrontation with Laurent Koscielny at Arsenal’s training ground last March"
"...told in no uncertain terms that the team were tired of his on-field histrionics; the way he sometimes whirls his arms in frustration when things go wrong."
"team-mates have grown weary of him "

I'm inclined to stay away , certainly in the Jan window , probably in the summer too . It all looks like there's a bit of an ego in play here, and a fractured shed. How about Lemar instead ? anyone else ? There are surely other multi-role attackers who can always chip in with a decent supply of goals , and would be a nicer fit in the shed . . .
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby john@staustell » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:49 am

It's all about whether we want to win the big trophies or not. Some of us not it seems.

Firstly it's daft to suggest we can win big trophies with just 2 strikers on the assumption both stay eternally fit and fresh.

Secondly - and there's no room for sentiment in these circles with the big boys - Agueros misses have cost a lot of points over the years, including nearly the other night.

It's like some of us are saying "we need competition and the best player plays in each position, except Sergio, we like him whatever"

I sincerely think that after all our troubles some fans have trouble comprehending what level we are now at.

No one more ruthless than Pep. It goes with success
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Chinners » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:33 am

Sanchez will be a good addition in the summer (not before imo) and Aguero has been written off by city fans time again ... still our best striker, stats prove that
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:20 am

I have to say, the point that a striker like Sanchez would normally cost 60/70 million squiddlies is a valid one. It allows us to concentrate our budget elsewhere in the squad. I also believe you need to be constantly evolving or a team stagnates quite quickly.
I worry about the 'flounciness' of him, but on balance I think I'd take him and would be happy to do so in January
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:00 pm

If we went for him in the summer and Aguero was staying then, why is there so much chatter about him going now or, indeed, not needing Aguero at all?

Sanchez was an addition, not replacement.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby RodneyRodney » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:01 pm

john@staustell wrote:It's all about whether we want to win the big trophies or not.

We all want to win everything possible. I've just got reservations about how he'll fit in - team harmony , etc , etc.
It does sound like he's a bit up himself - a Joey Barton who can actually play football , so to speak.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:08 pm

Nope, not for me.

Let him rot at the Arse. Then at 30 go to PSG.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby blues2win » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:24 pm

Sanchez is a lethal striker plus has a brilliant all round game. We’re missing too many chances. He would really improve us. Since we tend to play one up front I don’t think we need two more strikers. One would be enough: Sanchez.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:49 pm

If Sanchez doesn’t miss any chances is he the leading scorer in the Prem with stats miles better than Aguero?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:54 pm

I am still concerned that Sanchez is temperamentally dubious. He is also not as good as Sergio though to be fair to him, few are.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:05 pm

You can't have too much of a good thing chaps - and Alexis is definitely a very good thing :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:07 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:If Sanchez doesn’t miss any chances is he the leading scorer in the Prem with stats miles better than Aguero?

He plays on the wing.

He can play as a striker. Had a look at his record on Transfermarkt and they have down as 41 games at centre forward overall in his career to date, 30 goals and 13 assists, not to be sniffed at.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum