Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Even I don't believe the figures quoted. Rags do bring in players for big money but that's usually for their commercial potential, which I don't think Sanchez has. They'll obviously pay more than us as that what we thought was viable on and off the field, where the Rags are in a scrap to stay in the CL, but those figures don't add up.

Outside of that shithole country Chile I don’t think anyone is actually arsed about him.

Blues wouldn't be arsed if it wasn't he Rags involved. How many complaints would there be when he's out of form and Sane isn't getting a game?

Edit: I forgot, a nd then complain when Sane comes on and plays shit because he hasn't played ;-)

I think he will improve any side significantly, the rags are in second place, so from our perspective it is probably the least favourable club for him to join, regardless of the them being bitter local rivals.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Burt » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:56 am

Plain Speaking wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Even I don't believe the figures quoted. Rags do bring in players for big money but that's usually for their commercial potential, which I don't think Sanchez has. They'll obviously pay more than us as that what we thought was viable on and off the field, where the Rags are in a scrap to stay in the CL, but those figures don't add up.

Outside of that shithole country Chile I don’t think anyone is actually arsed about him.

Blues wouldn't be arsed if it wasn't he Rags involved. How many complaints would there be when he's out of form and Sane isn't getting a game?

The only thing you got right mate was "bitter"!

Edit: I forgot, a nd then complain when Sane comes on and plays shit because he hasn't played ;-)

I think he will improve any side significantly, the rags are in second place, so from our perspective it is probably the least favourable club for him to join, regardless of the them being bitter local rivals.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:38 am

Why are we still picking at this scab? It's just another Dani Alves job.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wooders » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:39 pm

You would think this idiotic move will be the death rattle for Wenger - strengthening a top 4 rival to spite us, probably at the cost of a CL spot, because of his obsession with us “cheating” because we’ve now also got money to compete with the elites - insufferable, most arsenal fans can’t stand him anymore
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:06 pm

Wooders wrote:You would think this idiotic move will be the death rattle for Wenger - strengthening a top 4 rival to spite us, probably at the cost of a CL spot, because of his obsession with us “cheating” because we’ve now also got money to compete with the elites - insufferable, most arsenal fans can’t stand him anymore

The great news is he is royally fucking them up for a long time to come. God bless the little Alsatian.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:18 pm

By the time Wenger leaves he will have all but destroyed his legacy.

He traded in his manager role for that of an accountant years ago. And a bad accountant at that.

He deserves every bit of stick he gets between now and his humiliating departure.

Fuck him.
Original Dub

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:20 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Why are we still picking at this scab? It's just another Dani Alves job.

cos it hasn't fallen off yet. best bit to come...
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:30 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Why are we still picking at this scab? It's just another Dani Alves job.

cos it hasn't fallen off yet. best bit to come...

I used to chew on them when I was a kid, crunched like a sun dried scorpion!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:05 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Wooders wrote:You would think this idiotic move will be the death rattle for Wenger - strengthening a top 4 rival to spite us, probably at the cost of a CL spot, because of his obsession with us “cheating” because we’ve now also got money to compete with the elites - insufferable, most arsenal fans can’t stand him anymore

The great news is he is royally fucking them up for a long time to come. God bless the little Alsatian.

PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:08 pm

Some sad yet funny comments quoted from an Arsenal forum:

Özil and Alexis are the key players and a lot depends on them for the title.

which title?

net spend

:lol:
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:11 pm

PrezIke wrote:Some sad yet funny comments quoted from an Arsenal forum:

Özil and Alexis are the key players and a lot depends on them for the title.

which title?

net spend

:lol:

Brilliant
Original Dub

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:42 pm

Almost posted more on my view shift (somewhat) the other day, but I've relaxed a bit about him not coming, although I never have been THAT upset at Txiki and Pep's stance.

Reading Sam Lee's recent article/Twitter posts it definitely makes some sense, and may end up being helpful for us as his agent appears to have tried to exploit the situation, which may have been due to our assumption he was coming. However, I do think we are missing out on a tremendous player that can take us to the next level, again, which also helps our biggest rival and that is, simply put, frustrating.

Most of my concern has been about the potential mistake of resting on our laurels/missing an opportunity to really become the favourites for CL this season and possibly the quadruple, as well as put ourselves in pole position in the PL next season, even as other rivals improved. Our gap for the PL is so big I'm not so worried about that, but if it gets too small there will be more pressure and could affect CL performance.

What also came to mind, before hearing or reading anything further, was that perhaps one or two of those "dream" targets listed recently by CityWatch we have already made serious contact with, i.e. Griezmann, perhaps Lewandowski, someone like that, because no way would we back down even relating to money just to hinge our hopes on the futures of Raz, Jesus and Sane (still works in progress), especially whilst Kun may be going as well.

Then today, this:

Seems we will look to fill other holes in the squad this window if we can, as now with Otamendi doing so well this season we will not feel the need to spend big on a centre half like Alderweireld, as I expected, especially if we signed Sanchez. This is where JFE comes in, as he would be here to be a backup, and now I also see the reasons to be in for a LB this window as the other priority. Why? If we bring a LB in that could also mean Delph can spell Fernandinho -- as Yaya has declined faster than we might have hoped -- as well as still rotate at LB, especially if we don't sign a holding midfielder this window.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby dazby » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:42 am

Not signed for anyone else yet then?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:36 am

I imagine he’s digging his heels in for his move to City, and who can blame him?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:49 am

Ozil, will be at the scum in the summer.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:10 am

Would love it if he pied his agent off now for fuckin up the move to us. It would send a huge message out to agents not to fuck around.

I think with our stance on this we’ve also sent a message out to agent, and a very important one. We won’t be held to ransom in future and we’re happy to just walk away from anyone.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:49 am

Has he signed yet?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:00 am

All that dosh and he'll barely have to cross the half-way line for it.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:08 am

We're dodging a bullet with Sanchez. He's had his yaya season, I would've not been happy to be spending that kind of money on a guy at his age. Let the rags have him.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:34 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Image

All that dosh and he'll barely have to cross the half-way line for it.

Excellent work.

:lol: :lol:
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum