Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:58 am

Chinners wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Balague joins Mullock in predicting City bid

"Spanish football expert Guillem Balague said on his YouTube channel: “They are looking to convince Alexis (Sanchez) to come now but they are only going to put €15-20m (£13m to £17.5m) to Arsenal which of course Arsenal may say no to."

15 Mill . Take it or leave it. Leave it ? Fine . In the summer we'll just send a limo down to pick him up.

Sorted

blow that , he can get his arse on the Virgin express himself and leave his arrogance darn sarf .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Ha ha @ 'express' .... invariably always delayed when I get it on matchdays but strangely nearly always on time when I need to get it back home
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby City64 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:57 pm

It is increasingly looking likely that as soon as Arsenal get a replacement in for Sanchez this month then he will be "sold" to us . Official City sources saying nothing as usual but one or two City associated media sources letting little bits of info out , big clue if deal pending if Sanchez doesn't play for Arsenal today in the FA Cup at Forrest .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:59 pm

City64 wrote:It is increasingly looking likely that as soon as Arsenal get a replacement in for Sanchez this month then he will be "sold" to us . Official City sources saying nothing as usual but one or two City associated media sources letting little bits of info out , big clue if deal pending if Sanchez doesn't play for Arsenal today in the FA Cup at Forrest .

We'll find out in about 3 hours so.

If they play him then I reckon he's staying til the summer
Original Dub

Postby City64 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:05 pm

Original Dub wrote:
City64 wrote:It is increasingly looking likely that as soon as Arsenal get a replacement in for Sanchez this month then he will be "sold" to us . Official City sources saying nothing as usual but one or two City associated media sources letting little bits of info out , big clue if deal pending if Sanchez doesn't play for Arsenal today in the FA Cup at Forrest .

Sanchez would be a City player now if Arsenal hadn't have fucked the Lemar (Monaco) deal up at the last minute last summer after dragging there heels on finding a replacement for Sanchez , City had agreed a fee worth around £60 million for Sanchez ......... we get him for around £25 million now or zero in 6 months time , someone at Arsenal needs a proper fucking no wonder there fans have had enough lol
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:08 pm

City64 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Sanchez would be a City player now if Arsenal hadn't have fucked the Lemar (Monaco) deal up at the last minute last summer after dragging there heels on finding a replacement for Sanchez , City had agreed a fee worth around £60 million for Sanchez ......... we get him for around £25 million now or zero in 6 months time , someone at Arsenal needs a proper fucking no wonder there fans have had enough lol

For a club that is supposedly "run the right way", they've lost some big players for relative nominal fees.

Can't see them getting top four with or without sanchez tbh
Original Dub

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:10 pm

I think Sanchez will only sign for a low fee or we will wait until summer. Sergio will play all the important games in January and as long as he remains fit we won't pay the sort of money Arsenal want. This will only change if Sergio gets injured but if he is injury free til the end of Jan then there is no need to pay for him. Jesus is expected back by mid Feb and the season ends in May. I hope we do sign him in Jan but I can't see it happening imminently and I think summer much more likely.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:12 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Not in the starting XI
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:13 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Agreed ... althou he would be useful earlier I really begrudge having to pay one more penny to finance their new stadium .... we have already paid for one stand over the recent years buying their players at inflated prices. If he doesn't play then £10mil seems the top amount considering an English player went for £15mil with similar contract end date and is 5 years younger
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:19 pm

Chinners wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Agreed ... althou he would be useful earlier I really begrudge having to pay one more penny to finance their new stadium .... we have already paid for one stand over the recent years buying their players at inflated prices. If he doesn't play then £10mil seems the top amount considering an English player went for £15mil with similar contract end date and is 5 years younger

I think Wenger will play the same card like he did last summer. He will avoid looking for someone, then the club will go into panic mode and decide to sell us Sanchez in the last day of the month, Wenger will then bid for Lemar or other fella, the bid will get refused, ending the speculation and keeping Sanchez, who will be upset and will not play until march again.

That or we sign him this week.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby City64 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:40 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Chinners wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

I think Wenger will play the same card like he did last summer. He will avoid looking for someone, then the club will go into panic mode and decide to sell us Sanchez in the last day of the month, Wenger will then bid for Lemar or other fella, the bid will get refused, ending the speculation and keeping Sanchez, who will be upset and will not play until march again.

That or we sign him this week.

Think Leicester City and Mahrez are the key players to concluding the Sanchez to City deal , oh and Arsenal fucking up yet again ! lol
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:05 pm

Fuckin hate Wenger. Nonce.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:35 pm

Am i the only one who is worried that his arrival might mess things up? That it might unsettle Aguero, Sane, and Sterling?
Plus Alexis looks like a petulant child these days—last season as well.

Im just not sold on him and this point in his career and given how well we’re playing.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:38 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Am i the only one who is worried that his arrival might mess things up? That it might unsettle Aguero, Sane, and Sterling?

Im just not sold on him and this point in his career and given how well we’re playing.

No, you're not alone. But Guardiola knows him so we just have to trust his judgement on this.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:39 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Am i the only one who is worried that his arrival might mess things up? That it might unsettle Aguero, Sane, and Sterling?

Nah I am as well if he comes mid-season .... quite happy to wait til the summer so he can settle in better and adapt to the squad before next season
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:05 pm

Alexis not in the Arsenal squad today.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:09 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Alexis not in the Arsenal squad today.

Sweet. Was hoping that.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:17 pm

Looks like he might be coming early then .... lets hope its for buttons rather than excessive millions
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:32 pm

Chinners wrote:Looks like he might be coming early then .... lets hope its for buttons rather than excessive millions

Know exactly how you feel , but yer know if he pushes over the line for the league and a cup money well spent , I guess whatever it is ??
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:39 pm

Chinners wrote:Looks like he might be coming early then .... lets hope its for buttons rather than excessive millions

tbf nearly every first choice starter and bencher is missing from that line-up - Arsenic seems tired of the FA cup, Forest will think they are in with a great chance.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum