Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:46 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Yep I'm over Sanchez as well. Prefer the thought of a 22 year old improving than and older guy messing with the team ethos

but he's the best player in the league (ours excepted of course) why would he mess with our team ethos? He's a pothunter - just what we need!

Youre right JC.
but he's also a big drama queen primadonna.
would want the lion share of the games and mess up with Sergio and Jesus perfect armony.
or would boost up Mase and Nige blood pressure even more that what's now anytime Raz doesnt start.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:03 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Yep I'm over Sanchez as well. Prefer the thought of a 22 year old improving than and older guy messing with the team ethos

but he's the best player in the league (ours excepted of course) why would he mess with our team ethos? He's a pothunter - just what we need!

Whatever about him messing with the ethos, I agree with LB’s sentiment.
I think that ship sailed in the saga last August. I wouldn’t part with money for him. Screw Arsenal. They cut their nose off to spite their face.
Spend the money on younger players in positions we need them.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Dameerto » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:24 pm

We're scoring from multiple sources in a fully stocked attack - we dont need him, but we do need a central defender and a leftback.
If he becomes a free agent and he still wants to come here, then that's a different matter.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:29 pm

Dameerto wrote:We're scoring from multiple sources in a fully stocked attack - we dont need him, but we do need a central defender and a leftback. If he becomes a free agent and he still wants to come here, then that's a different matter.

On the contrary, we need him and a central defender and a left back and cover for Fern. Not wanting Sanchez if he's available as a CL eligible world class goal scorer is folly, not getting him wouldn't be a disaster though.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:30 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
sheblue wrote:I wouldn't judge him now. He doesn't want to play for arsenal he wants to go. Do you really think he's going to bust his balls for them. I don't.

Why would you buy a player who doesn't "bust his balls" every match? Professional pride and all that. If he can't be arsed, bollocks to him.

In this particular set of circumstances, yes.

NO, THANKS!
Aware of Pep's love but truth also is that we have already the three best wingers of the league (in Sanè, Sterling and Bernie Silva), two of which, at least, can easily directed and taught to play "El falso nueve".
No need for the moaning cunt, absolutely! can see only problems from his addition to the dressing room.

Well said!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:39 pm

getting a like from Lee Boy is something, honestly, moving to me. :D
must have been a good post that :geek:

thanks, PBL.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:39 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Dameerto wrote:We're scoring from multiple sources in a fully stocked attack - we dont need him, but we do need a central defender and a leftback. If he becomes a free agent and he still wants to come here, then that's a different matter.

On the contrary, we need him and a central defender and a left back and cover for Fern. Not wanting Sanchez if he's available as a CL eligible world class goal scorer is folly, not getting rhim wouldn't be a disaster though.

You'll have to let me wallow in folly JC as I've never wanted him and, no matter how cheaply we might now get him, I still don't.

Forgive me if I'm wrong JC but I thought, in the summer, you had some slight reservations about him coming as well.

If that's so, what changed your mind ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:44 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

On the contrary, we need him and a central defender and a left back and cover for Fern. Not wanting Sanchez if he's available as a CL eligible world class goal scorer is folly, not getting rhim wouldn't be a disaster though.

You'll have to let me wallow in folly JC as I've never wanted him and, no matter how cheaply we might now get him, I still don't.

Forgive me if I'm wrong JC but I thought, in the summer, you had some slight reservations about him coming as well.

reckon this is gonna put the whole thingy to bed.
I know little, but I take one thing for granted: last JC would like to be responsible of is to let MC wallow in folly! 8-)

I ready to bank on such assumption.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby City64 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:51 pm

20 million for Sanchez is a steal , seriously good player !

Pep and Sanchez went down the tunnel together after the game in deep conversation ..........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:53 pm

I don't know what is wrong with you lot. Sanchez is pure class. I don't think he would 'act up' under Pep. After all Pep knows him well.

Anyway who can blame him when he has to listen to that complete bore Wenger every day. Poor lad.

Who else would improve us as much in January for 20 mill?

We would be mad not to do it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:56 pm

City64 wrote:20 million for Sanchez is a steal , seriously good player !

Pep and Sanchez went down the tunnel together after the game in deep conversation ..........

Oh dear, that's it then.

He's coming in January. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:05 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

It's very true MC, what I held as gospel truth in the Confed Cup, when he was displaying his swollen ankles to the world, I now regard as my folly.
What's changed is that it's become crystal clear that he wants to come to us, not Bayern, or PSG or the highest bidder and only Wenger could stop it happening. We should now keep faith with him if the opportunity comes along
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:42 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

It's very true MC, what I held as gospel truth in the Confed Cup, when he was displaying his swollen ankles to the world, I now regard as my folly.
What's changed is that it's become crystal clear that he wants to come to us, not Bayern, or PSG or the highest bidder and only Wenger could stop it happening. We should now keep faith with him if the opportunity comes along

I’ve no problem with the player JC.
I do have a problem with getting sucked into another saga with Arsenal.
I fear that is how January could go with them.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:10 am

Not sure how we would fit in right now as everyone is playing so well but you'd be a fool not to think he'd be a worthwhile addition to the squad. He's mad to play for City, Peps mad to sign him and we would be taking Arsenal best player(by a long shot), whats not to like?
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:09 am

Swales4ever wrote:getting a like from Lee Boy is something, honestly, moving to me. :D
must have been a good post that :geek:

thanks, PBL.

Haha you saved me writing exactly what you said mate. Nail and head!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:27 am

sheblue wrote:I don't know what is wrong with you lot. Sanchez is pure class. I don't think he would 'act up' under Pep. After all Pep knows him well.

Anyway who can blame him when he has to listen to that complete bore Wenger every day. Poor lad.

Who else would improve us as much in January for 20 mill?

We would be mad not to do it.

Mate, you make it sound like he was kidnapped and forced to play for arsenal.

Ryan Bertrand/Danny Rose would improve us a good deal in January. The left-back from Napoli would have too (sorry, I can't remember his name), but he is also injured sadly. A new left-back would a) cover for Mendy and be better at it than Danilo or Delph, and b) allow Delph to be a midfielder/cover for Fernandinho. It is a far more pressing need than another 30-plus-year-old forward who appears somewhat unprofessional and that we will only get two good years out of anyway.

Another centre-half that can play our style would also make a big difference.

It is worth noting that we have only got one non-home-grown slot available unless we can ship out Mangala.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:31 am

Well, if we need someone who dives around a lot he's our man, but he won't get those free-kicks playing for us so I'll take Messi instead.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Justified logic » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:42 am

For £20m, my only concern would be how he might affect team cohesiveness and morale, and in that I trust Guardiola to make the right decision on when to add him, if at all.

We seem to have a selection of choices, and funds available, for LB/LWB. My worry would be over cover for CB. The Otter's suspension and a hopefully dead rubber against WAXTAP, and perhaps a dolly of a FA Cup 3rd round tie (we can dream), would give Guardiola the opportunity to look at our existing alternatives to The Mangler and Vinny, neither of whom can surely be allowed to continue a serious playing career with City, before committing to buying in a player.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:20 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Well, if we need someone who dives around a lot he's our man, but he won't get those free-kicks playing for us so I'll take Messi instead.

He won't get away with a slap like the one he did on Fernandinho yesterday if he has got a City shirt on either.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:31 am

Who are WAXTAP? Is that a real team?
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum