Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Postby zuricity » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:33 pm

This control freak bullshit is exactly that ,players need to be free to decide , wellie it or pass.

Pepsi wants the perfectly worked goal , but he doesn't know one when it hits him , like Jesus's astute quick free kick to Merlin and the pass back to him on Saturday , brilliant , speculative football . Coach that on the training ground Pepsi .... you know you can't because it is instinctive play.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:34 pm

PrezIke wrote:Also, Alexis "on a free" is still going to cost A LOT of money, because he will now get the transfer fee in he and his agents pocket rather than Arsenal.

It won't be 60m, but I'm wager at least 20m.

won't be much then , moving from a failed club , on the decline.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby ENIAM NAM » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:52 pm

Can't take credit for it, but I like it...

Arsenal have signed Man City striker, Sanchez, on a season long loan for a fee of £60m .

:lol: :lol:
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Original Dub » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:16 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:Can't take credit for it, but I like it...

Arsenal have signed Man City striker, Sanchez, on a season long loan for a fee of £60m .

:lol: :lol:

Excellent
Original Dub

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:48 pm

I have it on good authority (form the Arsenal camp) that we knew their price all along and tried to get him cut-price by being cute. This one definitely down to the arsehole(s) conducting the negotiations.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:59 pm

Dunnylad wrote:The Chupacabra cup made me laugh lol! The press seem to think the Rags had the best window as they bought no one on transfer deadline day, but looks like we could be the same. IMHO Sanchez was the icing on the cake, but there's enough ingredients for us not to need him - I'd laugh my arse off if we win the league & chumps league without Sanchez

Cheers, Mate!
You know pretty well that, if - lamentably - You wont have that final laugh, it wont be neither because of Pep, nor because of the best tranfer window we've had since Dave, Yaya and Boateng (not to mention Kola just to piss Mase off): it will entirely be down to David Gill's Armed Forces (aka PiGMOL). You gotta love Rugby Union, in that respect also.
As for the British media... they would wank over the Rags "perfect" window even if they had signed Nigel Farage & Boris the red: wankers gotta wank... most people have to compromise to earn their beans.

Btw, mind You gonna have your inbox spammed for such a brave act... 8-)
but Your family never fails to highlight what true gentlemanship is made of. Ta

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby aaron bond » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:41 am

patrickblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:You're right FIBD

If he'd have signed, I wouldn't be too concerned about our defence.

Every cunt and his dog knows it was clear cut chances not taken that cost us last season.

His stats at arsenal last season were ridiculous.
On both assists and goals.

I firmly believe he was a title changer

While I agree with the sentiment, if Kun and Jesus can't score in this team, why would Sanchez do any better?
It's not the quality of our finishers that's the issue, it's something else, and it's been like that since Peller's last season.
As an example, Bony was scoring for fun at Swansea, the sentiment was that if he could do that in a shit team, he'd have a field day with the chances we create. We all know what happened next.
I reckon it's that bloody gypsy curse has followed us from Maine Road

But Aguero can score. Jesus possibly will score plenty but we don't know yet.

And none of the midfielders score enough. Only Sterling reached double figures last year.

So we have 2 strikers, including 1 still learning his trade.

I'd like to know why we waited until this week to make an offer. We should have finalised this earlier in the summer.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:47 am

Arsenal in the FA Cup then, if the warm balls can be sorted why not the haveapoo cup.... of course both will be away ties .
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wooders » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:27 am

For everyone questioning why we waited so long to make an offer - we didn't - we made an offer, a very generous one given his contract situation, much earlier in the summer which was rebuffed by Arsenal who were holding out for more money.
It was this week that Arsenal reopened comms about a player plus cash deal for Sterling I.e. They had decided to cash in on Sanchez after all but wanted a ludicrous swap AND money which of course we turned down - so we upped our offer a touch with some add on stipulations - again more than being fair to Arsenal plus giving them time to find another player - THEY are the ones who left it until today, after having all fucking summer, to start making offers for lemur - which of course didn't happen because the player didn't fancy the Europa - he might have been talked round had Arsenal given themselves more time to make the deal.
We handled ourselves well in this negotiation - a negotiation isn't just to give the opposite party an unfair deal just so you get what you want - sometimes they fail through none of your own doing, as is the case here.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:31 am

Wooders wrote:For everyone questioning why we waited so long to make an offer - we didn't - we made an offer, a very generous one given his contract situation, much earlier in the summer which was rebuffed by Arsenal who were holding out for more money.
It was this week that Arsenal reopened comms about a player plus cash deal for Sterling I.e. They had decided to cash in on Sanchez after all but wanted a ludicrous swap AND money which of course we turned down - so we upped our offer a touch with some add on stipulations - again more than being fair to Arsenal plus giving them time to find another player - THEY are the ones who left it until today, after having all fucking summer, to start making offers for lemur - which of course didn't happen because the player didn't fancy the Europa - he might have been talked round had Arsenal given themselves more time to make the deal.
We handled ourselves well in this negotiation - a negotiation isn't just to give the opposite party an unfair deal just so you get what you want - sometimes they fail through none of your own doing, as is the case here.

is the above fact based or your personal opinion?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:38 am

Wooders wrote:For everyone questioning why we waited so long to make an offer - we didn't - we made an offer, a very generous one given his contract situation, much earlier in the summer which was rebuffed by Arsenal who were holding out for more money.

That's how I see it mate. Was waiting for something like this to happen, Arsenal are a bunch of turds and I hate giving those shithouse money.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Justified logic » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:05 am

Arsenal :lol:

Arsene Wenger works his Europa League magic on Lemar

Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CrownPointBlue » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:15 am

Arse have lost the money & lost the player......double losers!!

Well done,that really takes some doing.

City have had a great window,strengthened the squad,reduced the age,cleared the decks of sub elite players,reduced the wage bill,with a nett outlay of £128 m.

That's very good 'engineering' by the club.

Let's just get our head down now and blast the PL.

Manchester - The City of CITY.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby sheblue » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:31 am

Yes Sanchez would have been nice and would have strengthened us but its been a very good window, even the new keeper looks promising. We have enough to win the league but that is assuming a level paying field and not too many injuries.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:21 am

I could not tread these perilous paths in safety, if I did not keep a saving sense of humour.
Horatio Nelson
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby patrickblue » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:12 am

Sanchez has allegedly told arse he will never play for them again, due to them pulling the plug on the transfer.
If true, it couldn't happen to a nicer club.
Although, no doubt it will be all City's fault.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/01/alexis-sanchez-issues-threat-to-arsenal-after-failed-manchester-city-transfer-6895546/
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Wooders » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:16 am

We can manage for 3 months then ;)
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:21 am

Wooders wrote:We can manage for 3 months then ;)

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:30 am

I suppose the only 'consolation' in all this, from the perspective of Arsenal's Board, is that they didn't have to splash out £92 million on Lemar.

It's probably made them very happy ;)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:32 am

get girona to sign him today...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site