Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:58 pm

Shame, we could have used his tenacity to reinvigorate our attack.

We're too light up front now, confidence on our title aspirations has taken a real knock today.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby edge275 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:01 pm

I have a feeling there's more to go with this.. Could be wrong of course, but just have a feeling.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby zuricity » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:01 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Shame, we could have used his tenacity to reinvigorate our attack.

We're too light up front now, confidence on our title aspirations has taken a real knock today.

oh and walk the ball into the bet like a n other striker ?

we don't need him at all.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:05 pm

zuricity wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Shame, we could have used his tenacity to reinvigorate our attack.

We need something mate, we're too light imo. I'm not confident there's enough goals in this squad to get us to the title, hopefully our wide players and attacking mids can really step on that front.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Original Dub » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:12 pm

You're right FIBD

If he'd have signed, I wouldn't be too concerned about our defence.

Every cunt and his dog knows it was clear cut chances not taken that cost us last season.

His stats at arsenal last season were ridiculous.
On both assists and goals.

I firmly believe he was a title changer
Original Dub

Postby patrickblue » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:15 pm

Looking on the bright side, here's a sight for sore eyes.
And it's not conjunctivitis.com.

https://bitterandblue.sbnation.com/2017 ... adline-day
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:15 pm

PHEW! Ff@ckin PHEW!
One of those non-game days where really City got me singing the Blues!

NO pathetic JFE, NOT a whole factory of dosh thrown away on a top 28 yo who shall sign a pre-contract to come at us for free, in few weeks... if our benchmarked Catalan cons are capable of running a basic PR effort.

Look, here's my thing: I respect all genuine sentiments of those who felt concerned at City having a kinda shortage in those deppartment.
But with all due respect for aforesaid genuine feelings: that's just beyond ludicrous!

To say that: The Son of God + Aguerooooooo + Raz Sterling (am I wrong to notice who scored deciders of last to games, both of which, not exactly gimmes?) is shortage of strike force is, actually, just beyond ludicrous!
and that without taking into equation a certain Brahim Díaz lad who, yes is unproven at senior level, but still was able to deliver a screamer onto the net of the chumps defending champions, or not?

I just miss english language skills and vucabulary to define the outrageous belief that our only hope to top the league either rests on prayers to keep Kompany fit for 60 games or on buying the scumbag that ultimately costed Slur Alex one of the biggest embarassments of a lifetime: not only we still, aside Vinnie, have our 200+ milions pound riches of CB, but why should we and, more importantly the management staff, forget that a certain Yaya Yaya Toure (in the tune of Delilah) eventually won the 2009 CL final at the leading back role.
Stones, whose main problem has always been a confidence deficit syndrome, looks to get every minute played alongside Kompany as a very benefical treatment.
Not to mention that, certainly Danilo can also fit the role, at least in 3 CB setup, and Dinho, while never experimented, would probably a reasonable bet in the Cucharacha cup, just to spare some gametime to the starters.
Ultimately, how many of those 60+ games do actually need our strongest available defence lined up?
So, down to sensible manning, again.
Last but deffo not least, everyone agrees that the dramatic improvements in FBs/WBs quality grants diagonal protection we have been desperately in the need for long.
So that, I find myself in complete agreement with my pal Noolie on that, if anything, that is the department where the Spafia should have blown some additional shit out.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:18 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
zuricity wrote:

We need something mate, we're too light imo. I'm not confident there's enough goals in this squad to get us to the title, hopefully our wide players and attacking mids can really step on that front.

I'd rather we'd gone for Llorente or similar - something that offers us a plan B. Small quick players are great to watch, but occasionally it doesn't work. I fear we're turning into a Barca or Spain of a few years ago who look great if you stand off and let them play, but teams worked out how to frustrate them, bully them and beat them.

A lot riding on a fit Kompany this year
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby zuricity » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:22 pm

zuricity wrote:

We need a manager to stop talking bullshit and spinning his fcuking arms all the time and put the fear up the arses of the players . we are in danger of becoming the Arse mark II with all this pussyfooting around , whack the thing at the net and take the goalie with you ... rough it up a bit.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:23 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:He could have forced this through, if he doesn't he can fuck off in the future .Wouldn't touch him with a Gallup poll, let alone a bargepole.

How could he have do you think?

Reports are he told his mates he was coming to us, and now that we will look to sign him on a free over the summer.

Put in a transfer request springs to mind.

Okay. Responded to PP a bit earlier today about why I don't see how that gives any indication it would have changed things. He wrote:

PeterParker wrote:

So done deal, he is staying.

From this moment on, if we will go again after him, if we are willing to pay more than 1 pound for his services to Arsenal, then we really are a bunch of retards that have no idea how football works. This is the second time we missed him, or maybe the third if we tend to listen to the rumours that said we were after him when he chose Arsenal.

3 times.

Enough.

Either we get him free, or we leave him the fuck alone. He is clearly not that interested in joining us, even that cunt Cuntinho sent a transfer request. For Sanchez nothing. Imho, he could had played a part in the saga if he was really determined to be here.
He was not. Fuck him. We need players that want to be here, that are prepared to take a pay cut to play for a club like ours. We are the most consistent club in the last 6 years in England (never missed top 4) and you still chose Arsenal? Fuck off.

Next.

My reply to Coutinho being a "c***":

PrezIke wrote:

Hasn't helped VVD or Coutinho has it?

If he didn't really want to come to us, why did he turn down multiple offers from other clubs (Bayern, PSG, Chelsea) for more money, including from Arsenal?

He explained it might wind up for Coutinho, and said the other clubs were just rumours. But that hasn't happened yet, and Liverpool are likely only going to sell now that they have replacements. I also said that all of those clubs surely wanted him as he is a world class player. He refused to move to them for more money, and PSG wound up with Mbappe, so they didn't need Alexis anymore.

The issue is that Arsenal did not get a replacement. They tried for Lemar but he doesn't want to come to a club in EL (makes sense given Monaco are in CL). Apparently some Arsenal players tried to convince him today but he still wouldn't give in.

They left it late, so not sure how Alexis would have been able to "force" them to do anything. He wanted to come here and that's beyond clear to everyone, even Ian Wright who went mad on twitter today complaining about keeping Alexis and not selling, even if they don't get a replacement because they won't spend the money and now they have a very unhappy player and will get nothing in return.

Again, hard to see how a transfer request would have done anything to change things other than make Alexis look worse to the media and fans. He's shown more class than the others about the move, not publicly making the request. Isn't it a huge issue for whingers that players "don't honour their contracts" in such a public manner? We all know the answer to that one, and Alexis did not go there, nor would have seemed to have done he nor us much good.
Last edited by PrezIke on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:23 pm

Swales4ever wrote:PHEW! Ff@ckin PHEW!
One of those non-game days where really City got me singing the Blues!

NO pathetic JFE, NOT a whole factory of dosh thrown away on a top 28 yo who shall sign a pre-contract to come at us for free, in few weeks... if our benchmarked Catalan cons are capable of running a basic PR effort.

Look, here's my thing: I respect all genuine sentiments of those who felt concerned at City having a kinda shortage in those deppartment.
But with all due respect for aforesaid genuine feelings: that's just beyond ludicrous!

To say that: The Son of God + Aguerooooooo + Raz Sterling (am I wrong to notice who scored deciders of last to games, both of which, not exactly gimmes?) is shortage of strike force is, actually, just beyond ludicrous!
and that without taking into equation a certain Brahim Díaz lad who, yes is unproven at senior level, but still was able to deliver a screamer onto the net of the chumps defending champions, or not?

I just miss english language skills and vucabulary to define the outrageous belief that our only hope to top the league either rests on prayers to keep Kompany fit for 60 games or on buying the scumbag that ultimately costed Slur Alex one of the biggest embarassments of a lifetime: not only we still, aside Vinnie, have our 200+ milions pound riches of CB, but why should we and, more importantly the management staff, forget that a certain Yaya Yaya Toure (in the tune of Delilah) eventually won the 2009 CL final at the leading back role.
Stones, whose main problem has always been a confidence deficit syndrome, looks to get every minute played alongside Kompany as a very benefical treatment.
Not to mention that, certainly Danilo can also fit the role, at least in 3 CB setup, and Dinho, while never experimented, would probably a reasonable bet in the Cucharacha cup, just to spare some gametime to the starters.
Ultimately, how many of those 60+ games do actually need our strongest available defence lined up?
So, down to sensible manning, again.
Last but deffo not least, everyone agrees that the dramatic improvements in FBs/WBs quality grants diagonal protection we have been desperately in the need for long.
So that, I find myself in complete agreement with my pal Noolie on that, if anything, that is the department where the Spafia should have blown some additional shit out.

The Chupacabra cup made me laugh lol! The press seem to think the Rags had the best window as they bought no one on transfer deadline day, but looks like we could be the same. IMHO Sanchez was the icing on the cake, but there's enough ingredients for us not to need him - I'd laugh my arse off if we win the league & chumps league without Sanchez
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:24 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:Sky just said they have heard that Mahrez has turned up in Paris. Can't be for psg but could it be for Monaco with Lemar to arsenal still a possibility?

Lemar won't go anywhere near arsenal. Why on earth would he.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby patrickblue » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:24 pm

Original Dub wrote:You're right FIBD

If he'd have signed, I wouldn't be too concerned about our defence.

Every cunt and his dog knows it was clear cut chances not taken that cost us last season.

His stats at arsenal last season were ridiculous.
On both assists and goals.

I firmly believe he was a title changer

While I agree with the sentiment, if Kun and Jesus can't score in this team, why would Sanchez do any better?
It's not the quality of our finishers that's the issue, it's something else, and it's been like that since Peller's last season.
As an example, Bony was scoring for fun at Swansea, the sentiment was that if he could do that in a shit team, he'd have a field day with the chances we create. We all know what happened next.
I reckon it's that bloody gypsy curse has followed us from Maine Road
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby zuricity » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:25 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:He could have forced this through, if he doesn't he can fuck off in the future .Wouldn't touch him with a Gallup poll, let alone a bargepole.

How could he have do you think?

Reports are he told his mates he was coming to us, and now that we will look to sign him on a free over the summer.

Put in a transfer request springs to mind.

Okay. Responded to PP a bit earlier today about why I don't see how that gives any indication it would have changed things. He wrote:

PeterParker wrote:

So done deal, he is staying.

From this moment on, if we will go again after him, if we are willing to pay more than 1 pound for his services to Arsenal, then we really are a bunch of retards that have no idea how football works. This is the second time we missed him, or maybe the third if we tend to listen to the rumours that said we were after him when he chose Arsenal.

3 times.

Enough.

Either we get him free, or we leave him the fuck alone. He is clearly not that interested in joining us, even that cunt Cuntinho sent a transfer request. For Sanchez nothing. Imho, he could had played a part in the saga if he was really determined to be here.
He was not. Fuck him. We need players that want to be here, that are prepared to take a pay cut to play for a club like ours. We are the most consistent club in the last 6 years in England (never missed top 4) and you still chose Arsenal? Fuck off.

Next.

My reply to Coutinho being a "c***":

PrezIke wrote:

Hasn't helped VVD or Coutinho has it?

If he didn't really want to come to us, why did he turn down multiple offers from other clubs (Bayern, PSG, Chelsea) for more money, including from Arsenal?

He explained it might wind up for Coutinho, but that hasn't happened yet, and Liverpool are likely only going to sell now that they have replacements.

The issue is that Arsenal did not get a replacement. They tried for Lemar but he doesn't want to come to a club in EL (makes sense given Monaco are in CL). Apparently some Arsenal players tried to convince him today but he still wouldn't give in.

They left it late, so not sure how Alexis would have been able to "force" them to do anything. He wanted to come here and that's beyond clear to everyone, even Ian Wright who went mad on twitter today complaining about keeping Alexis and not selling, even if they don't get a replacement because they won't spend the money and now they have a very unhappy player and will get nothing in return.

Again, hard to see how a transfer request would have done anything to change things other than make Alexis look worse to the media and fans. He's shown more class than the others about the move, not publicly making the request. Isn't it a huge issue for whingers that players "don't honour their contracts" in such a public manner? We all know the answer to that one, and Alexis did not go there, nor would have seemed to have done he nor us much good.

Come again ?

i get thumb ache paging through all this on my iphone.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:26 pm

zuricity wrote:
zuricity wrote:

We need a manager to stop talking bullshit and spinning his fcuking arms all the time and put the fear up the arses of the players . we are in danger of becoming the Arse mark II with all this pussyfooting around , whack the thing at the net and take the goalie with you ... rough it up a bit.

Sanchez ain't shy when it comes to having a pop from distance, quite good at it too.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:28 pm

Prezlke, thanks for the considered response.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:28 pm

Simples.

I explained that a transfer request would have done f*** all to change the situation.

That help?
:)
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:30 pm

Also, Alexis "on a free" is still going to cost A LOT of money, because he will now get the transfer fee in he and his agents pocket rather than Arsenal.

It won't be 60m, but I'm wager at least 20m.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:30 pm

zuricity wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Bang on. We have plenty we just need to use it properly.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:30 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Prezlke, thanks for the considered response.

Respect mate. Cheers.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum