Transfer done deals

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer done deals

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:53 pm

Kurt Zouma signs a six year contract with Chelsea then is promptly loaned to Stoke for a season. Good signing for Stoke
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:16 pm

Andrew Robertson, the young Scotland International left back, has signed for the dippers for £8m with a further £2m in potential add ons from Hull. Kevin Stewart has gone the opposite way for a similar sum. Where next for square jaw Jimmy?
nottsblue

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:52 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Chelsea have agreed a deal to sign Spain striker Alvaro Morata from Real Madrid, subject to the player agreeing personal terms and passing a medical (BBC).

Morata signs for Chelsea officially for £58m with a potential further £12m in add ons. Will the rags regret not getting him in instead of Lukaku?
nottsblue

Postby sheblue » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:15 pm

Madrid raising the cash for a big mbappe bid.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:22 pm

sheblue wrote:Madrid raising the cash for a big mbappe bid.

Am I wrong and is my degenerating memory playing me tricks, but didn't our owners bail out Real Madrid, a year or two ago, with some sort of cash injection, because they were financially stricken at the time ??

I didn't dream this did I but, if so, how come they can now raise massive funds for a player such as MBappe, so relatively soon afterwards ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:51 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Am I wrong and is my degenerating memory playing me tricks, but didn't our owners bail out Real Madrid, a year or two ago, with some sort of cash injection, because they were financially stricken at the time ??

I didn't dream this did I but, if so, how come they can now raise massive funds for a player such as MBappe, so relatively soon afterwards ??

no dream MC, the strange reality of the super rich

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nsour.html
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beanieboy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:16 pm

Are they buying mmmmmmmmbop for us then?
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:17 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

no dream MC, the strange reality of the super rich

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nsour.html

Thanks for the reassurance JC.

It's just a pity our owners can't/won't have a word in the ears of Madrid's hierarchy, telling them to lay off because we want/need MBappe.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:20 pm

Beanieboy wrote:Are they buying mmmmmmmmbop for us then?

https://youtu.be/iEejfq1KhkU
nottsblue

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:38 pm

So Joe Hart hoes to West Ham on loan. We get fuck all as it turns out because of his wages. West Ham then sell the third choice goalkeeper, Darren Randolph, for £5m to Middlesboro.

What is wrong with Hart that he can't be sold? Other than wages and if he is so keen to secure another club to resurrect his career, I'd expect him to take a cut in salary to facilitate a move.
nottsblue

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:52 pm

nottsblue wrote:So Joe Hart hoes to West Ham on loan. We get fuck all as it turns out because of his wages. West Ham then sell the third choice goalkeeper, Darren Randolph, for £5m to Middlesboro.

What is wrong with Hart that he can't be sold? Other than wages and if he is so keen to secure another club to resurrect his career, I'd expect him to take a cut in salary to facilitate a move.
It's clearly not in his financial interest and if he's a PL first choice why should he? Remember that this situation is not of his making.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:57 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
nottsblue wrote:So Joe Hart hoes to West Ham on loan. We get fuck all as it turns out because of his wages. West Ham then sell the third choice goalkeeper, Darren Randolph, for £5m to Middlesboro.

It's clearly not in his financial interest and if he's a PL first choice why should he? Remember that this situation is not of his making.

How do we know it's not of his own making.
Pep wanted him out, it is clear. But why?
Bravo didn't work so we're all jumping on the Pep is stubborn band wagon.
But why?

I myself think it has a lot more to do with Hart himself than some on here want to believe.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:35 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
How do we know it's not of his own making. Pep wanted him out, it is clear. But why? Bravo didn't work so we're all jumping on the Pep is stubborn band wagon. But why? I myself think it has a lot more to do with Hart himself than some on here want to believe.

In the normal way of things when a new manager comes in a keeper gets tried, dropped if not good enough and then shipped out. The first stage in that process was omitted, he didn't get a chance to play for Pep. He admitted his mistake at the end of the season but after Bravo was signed there was no way back for Hart.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:35 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

He must be happy to accept our wages but go out on loan then. My point is that if he REALLY wants first team football as part of another club and set up then he would accept a lower wage. Assuming he goes to a PL club he still be on a huge wage. Not necessarily what we pay him, but enough to keep him in Columbian marching powder and he must already be a very wealthy man. Money is not everything, job satisfaction counts for a lot.
nottsblue

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:57 pm

nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

He must be happy to accept our wages but go out on loan then. My point is that if he REALLY wants first team football as part of another club and set up then he would accept a lower wage. Assuming he goes to a PL clubhe still be on a huge wage. Not necessarily what we pay him, but enough to keep him in Columbian marching powder and he must already be a very wealthy man. Money is not everything, job satisfaction counts for a lot.

There is no assumption involved, he now has what he wants and who are we to say he isn't satisfied?. Hart is West Ham's number one and in contention to keep his England place. Randolph wasn't a third choice either, he took over from Adrian last year as first choice. I don't rate Hart as a top keeper either but the drug allegations are totally unsubstantiated as are the gambling and booze ones, all of them are well out of order.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:17 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

He must be happy to accept our wages but go out on loan then. My point is that if he REALLY wants first team football as part of another club and set up then he would accept a lower wage. Assuming he goes to a PL clubhe still be on a huge wage. Not necessarily what we pay him, but enough to keep him in Columbian marching powder and he must already be a very wealthy man. Money is not everything, job satisfaction counts for a lot.

There is no assumption involved, he now has what he wants and who are we to say he isn't satisfied?. Hart is West Ham's number one and in contention to keep his England place. Randolph wasn't a third choice either, he took over from Adrian last year as first choice. I don't rate Hart as a top keeper either but the drug allegations are totally unsubstantiated as are the gambling and booze ones, all of them are well out of order.

He will be West Hams number one this season. Then what? Another loan for a year? Followed by another. He was poor last season. Another indifferent season will catch up with him and his suitors will be even thinner on the ground.

For his career he needs to establish himself at a club full time i feel. He clearly doesnt want to do this
nottsblue

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:46 pm

He's winding his contract down to be in a strong position to negotiate for higher wages when changing clubs for nothing at the end of it - in my opinion with no inside info involved etc. (He also gets to stick two fingers up to the club by making them miss out on a transfer fee)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:54 pm

nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

He will be West Hams number one this season. Then what? Another loan for a year? Followed by another. He was poor last season. Another indifferent season will catch up with him and his suitors will be even thinner on the ground.

For his career he needs to establish himself at a club full time i feel. He clearly doesn't want to do this

The deal will probably have an option to buy but West Ham wouldn't wear an obligation clearly. That supports your view that his career is in the balance and his shortcomings are pretty well known. He's been given the chance to revive his fortunes and I hope he takes it. His antics with Mancini and later with his swampy mates were very poor though, definitely no sympathy from me after those.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:42 pm

Marko Arnautovic signs for West Ham on a five year deal for a club record £20m rising to £25m with add ons.
nottsblue

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:05 pm

Palace sign Jairo Riedewald from Ajax for an undisclosed fee. The 20 year old has already played nearly 100 games for Ajax.
nottsblue

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum