Defenders, Where Are They?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Defenders, Where Are They?

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:53 am

Guys reported back for training. We got three defenders with experience and some dude called Kolarov.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:03 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Guys reported back for training. We got three defenders with experience and some dude called Kolarov.
'Didn't spot Aleks on the OS back in the saddle pics, or Mangala and Otamendi for that matter.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:13 pm

At this stage we will be keeping Mangala and putting Stones at right back.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:20 pm

sheblue wrote:At this stage we will be keeping Mangala and putting Stones at right back.

Ederson in goal.
Bravo as sweeper.
Any nine from the top please Carol! (Rachel is a rag).
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:27 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Guys reported back for training. We got three defenders with experience and some dude called Kolarov.
'Didn't spot Aleks on the OS back in the saddle pics, or Mangala and Otamendi for that matter.

Kolarov is in the training video. https://youtu.be/7OvUtq-tdBs
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:46 pm

Right now your concerns are starting to sound more real if Alves goes to PSG (as it appears now).
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:05 pm

sheblue wrote:At this stage we will be keeping Mangala and putting Stones at right back.

Stones at right back, Mangala at left back, Otamendi and Kolarov in the middle and Vinnie injured....job done.

A dream defence.......where the dream is a nightmare.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:45 pm

No hart in that video?

Also youth team players hace different training gear to rest, bad form!

Is that muric as the second choice keeper?

Weird seeing likes of bony, nasri etc there.

Not feeling silvas new hair, its like as if him and fernando swapped fros!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Wooders » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:57 pm

Mangala had a reasonable season at Valencia - maybe finally showing some signs of promise? Maybe keep him if a loan or derisory fee is the only thing on offer? Be brilliant if he somehow clucks and becomes a top centreback
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:00 pm

Wooders wrote:Mangala had a reasonable season at Valencia - maybe finally showing some signs of promise? Maybe keep him if a loan or derisory fee is the only thing on offer? Be brilliant if he somehow clucks and becomes a top centreback

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:01 pm

Wooders wrote:Mangala had a reasonable season at Valencia - maybe finally showing some signs of promise? Maybe keep him if a loan or derisory fee is the only thing on offer? Be brilliant if he somehow clucks and becomes a top centreback

Would love that to happen
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Wooders » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:36 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

Or clicks ! Lol
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:26 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

You ought to egg-sit stage left at top speed, after posting that JC :roll: :roll:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:29 am

Is it possible that if we dont land our targets we will go three at the back? With Kolarov and Fernandinho as wing backs. Or maybe they will be the full backs? Still very early days so i'm not overly concerned yet.

I am however really excited about our forward line, with or without Sanchez, and I think we will score even more next year. Perhaps this is Peps vision, to simply not let the opposition have much of the ball and many chances and to take our own. If Bravo had saved just half the shots he faced and if we had put away a few more chances we'd have challenged Chelsea. I dont recall many games where the opposition had many chances so all in all we did a lot of things right last season. And that's without taking into consideration our fucking over by the officials.

Football can be a simple game. Perhaos we just need a tweak or two rather than wholesale changes
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:44 am

nottsblue wrote:Is it possible that if we dont land our targets we will go three at the back? With Kolarov and Fernandinho as wing backs. Or maybe they will be the full backs? Still very early days so i'm not overly concerned yet.

I am however really excited about our forward line, with or without Sanchez, and I think we will score even more next year. Perhaps this is Peps vision, to simply not let the opposition have much of the ball and many chances and to take our own. If Bravo had saved just half the shots he faced and if we had put away a few more chances we'd have challenged Chelsea. I dont recall many games where the opposition had many chances so all in all we did a lot of things right last season. And that's without taking into consideration our fucking over by the officials.

Football can be a simple game. Perhaos we just need a tweak or two rather than wholesale changes

He did, but that's not enough, he or Ederson needs to be saving at least two thirds of shots faced, arguably more if we want to challenge.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:24 am

nottsblue wrote:Is it possible that if we dont land our targets we will go three at the back? With Kolarov and Fernandinho as wing backs. Or maybe they will be the full backs? Still very early days so i'm not overly concerned yet.

If we don't land our targets we need a new DOF.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:13 am

sheblue wrote:

If we don't land our targets we need a new DOF.

we need one anyway
thickshit buggerstain is useless
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby littlebig » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:41 pm

I never got the disrespecting our own organisation's people thing. Critical analysis fair enough and I understand people's frustrations but the disrespect thing is a bit baffling.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:13 pm

At this rate we're gonna end up resigning Navas as a RB and/or playing Fern1 there
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:46 am

littlebig wrote:I never got the disrespecting our own organisation's people thing. Critical analysis fair enough and I understand people's frustrations but the disrespect thing is a bit baffling.

What?
These people you are talking about are NOT the club. The supporters are. Chairmen, managers, players, executive people and even stadiums come and go. Only never changing thing, the core, are the supporters. Txiki gets paid millions to play Football Manager 2017 Platinum Edition for living. And under his watch the team has turned from exciting and balanced group of young players into very unbalanced group of players and lot of money has been thrown at players who were supposed to be on their prime yet turned out to be shit.

In just about any walk of life, not only in one where you get paid millions for the risk, you'd be close to getting sacked with his track record. How someone can't see thatis bit baffling.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum