Fair officiating this season? Level playing field?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fair officiating this season? Level playing field?

Postby gillie » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:47 am

To the op buy a lottery ticket mate you have more chance winning that than us getting a fair and level playing field.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:18 pm

Manchester United defender Antonio Valencia will not serve a suspension following his red card in the pre-season game against Real Salt Lake on Monday.

In 2006, Paul Scholes and Wayne Rooney were both banned for three games after being sent off in the same pre-season game in Amsterdam.

However, the FA have now amended their regulations, so would take action only in the most serious of cases.

Valencia's challenge on Sebastian Saucedo does not fall into that category, so the Ecuador international will be available for the start of the Premier League campaign next month.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/40631973

Hmmm.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Justified logic » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:27 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Manchester United defender Antonio Valencia will not serve a suspension following his red card in the pre-season game against Real Salt Lake on Monday.

In 2006, Paul Scholes and Wayne Rooney were both banned for three games after being sent off in the same pre-season game in Amsterdam.

However, the FA have now amended their regulations, so would take action only in the most serious of cases.

Valencia's challenge on Sebastian Saucedo does not fall into that category, so the Ecuador international will be available for the start of the Premier League campaign next month.

Hmmm.

Judge for yourself...

Watch on youtube.com

Cunt will be paying against us.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:38 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Hmmm.

Judge for yourself...

Watch on youtube.com

If that is a red card offence then I can see Fernandinho picking up even more red cards this season. Yellow for me
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dimples » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:01 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Hmmm.

Judge for yourself...

Watch on youtube.com

If that is a red card offence then I can see Fernandinho picking up even more red cards this season. Yellow for me

If a City player was sent of for that I would not be happy.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:09 pm

I think that is a red card. It's not wreckless, it's dangerous and obviously premeditated. Why the fuck would you do that in a friendly?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:36 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I think that is a red card. It's not wreckless, it's dangerous and obviously premeditated. Why the fuck would you do that in a friendly?

The player Valencia fouled had not long himself clattered into Mata forcing him off injured. Perhaps it was just ill advised retribution for a team mate? The sort of thing you expect your players to do
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:38 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I think that is a red card. It's not wreckless, it's dangerous and obviously premeditated. Why the fuck would you do that in a friendly?

Tackling from behind is supposed to be outlawed anyway plus, in any event, no attempt was made to play the ball.

Cynical and thuggish in the extreme.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:01 pm

Both right NB and MC. The problem is that when we watch City, and the PL as a whole, the laws of the game aren't really adhered to, they're more guidelines than anything else, dependant on who is playing.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:55 pm

About time he got what he deserves even if a bit harsh on that occasion. I would be surprised if he isnt very high up on the list of players who foul the most. Just does it alll the time and gets away with so so much.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Justified logic » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:08 am

Red card or yellow card, I would not want him making calculated, callous, thuggish attacks like that on Silva, Jesus, or any of our players.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:07 am

That type of tackle happens Silva at least 2/3 times every game with not so much as a card for the offender.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum