City on tour

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City on tour

Postby Justified logic » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:07 am

Saul Goodman wrote:What is it with new keepers debuting vs United and coming out of their box like an idiot?

Seeing the goal again this morning, the ball from Pogba had considerable backspin on it. I think Ederson may also have underestimated Lukaku's speed.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:13 am

those highlights from the OS link were just the goals, here's a raggy YT package if you can stomach it
Watch on youtube.com

here's the post match
Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:12 am

That was quite interesting
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:17 am

In Berlin (Iceland too but not when we are there) so missing some of these friendlies.

So the Ederson's wank brigade has begun, huh? Two mistakes, two goals. I did read that he did however make some other good saves.

Also hear we didn't look to bad, nor did they.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Justified logic » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:21 am

Full match. MUTV commentary - partial, yes, naturally, but not delusional like Liverpool TV commentaries are.

Watch on youtube.com

34:33 (30:00 game time), even the commentators reckon it should have been a penalty...
Justified logic

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:57 am

Expected to lose this, as it was our first game whereas they've already played two or three. Add to the fact, we only have one full back and Yaya and Sane literally just stepped off the plane.

As expected, we looked rusty and the lineup was mix and match. Foden was brilliant, thought Mangala did well when he came on in an unfamiliar position second half. Stones didn't cover himself in glory yet again, I actually I'd prefer Mangala and Otter over him atm.
Fidel Castro

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:27 am

Just watching the full MUTV match on youtube, the outraged wailing by Crerand and Pallister after every blatant united foul is eye-wateringly funny. A pair of truly tragic monocular rags.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:05 am

Fidel Castro wrote:Expected to lose this, as it was our first game whereas they've already played two or three. Add to the fact, we only have one full back and Yaya and Sane literally just stepped off the plane.

As expected, we looked rusty and the lineup was mix and match. Foden was brilliant, thought Mangala did well when he came on in an unfamiliar position second half. Stones didn't cover himself in glory yet again, I actually I'd prefer Mangala and Otter over him atm.

i just watched it back in full, and i agree with all of this. very rusty but signs of promise, especially from foden who looks nealry ready for the first team. kompany looks good. walker did ok and is a clear upgrade on sagna/zabba et al. aguero drifgted in and out and looks short of fitness. raheem the usual mixed bag. reserving judgment on ederson but he seems to have quick feet and hands and doesnt mess about like bravo.

edit: oh and stones looked terrible! wtf is happening with him??
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:17 am

Sergio looks a bit fat.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:40 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Not happy to lose obviously but not to unhappy with that. Some players clearly nowhere near fit yet but up to the crazy Ederson moment i thought we more then held our own.

The scum tactics very clear. Massed defence, foul if there is a threat and break quickly with a long ball to one of the big fast guys. Sadly it worked with the long one to lukaku who was left along and Ederson went loopy. But I am sure he will be fine and I hope the loons on here and elsewhere don't start going for him.

Yes a limited threat against them but some very nice football as you would expect but with both Aguero and Jesus not even close to ready we lacked any edge. Vinnie I thought looked great , Walker will be massive for us and showed it tonight ( Rashford had to go to the other side), Foden looks the business. Even though not the boss of midfield he was very good on the ball and just very comfortable.

Nasri looked decent, Mangala at full back was ok too despite a red reporter saying he would be embarrassed. Stones was not good.

I didnt think Ederson was at fault , Vinnie was left for dust - the keeper knew it and made a decision.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:48 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Not happy to lose obviously but not to unhappy with that. Some players clearly nowhere near fit yet but up to the crazy Ederson moment i thought we more then held our own.

The scum tactics very clear. Massed defence, foul if there is a threat and break quickly with a long ball to one of the big fast guys. Sadly it worked with the long one to lukaku who was left along and Ederson went loopy. But I am sure he will be fine and I hope the loons on here and elsewhere don't start going for him.

Yes a limited threat against them but some very nice football as you would expect but with both Aguero and Jesus not even close to ready we lacked any edge. Vinnie I thought looked great , Walker will be massive for us and showed it tonight ( Rashford had to go to the other side), Foden looks the business. Even though not the boss of midfield he was very good on the ball and just very comfortable.

Nasri looked decent, Mangala at full back was ok too despite a red reporter saying he would be embarrassed. Stones was not good.

I didnt think Ederson was at fault , Vinnie was left for dust - the keeper knew it and made a decision.

you ok carl?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

you ok carl?

I feel fantastic - how are you today Nigel ? more importantly , are you happy ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:23 pm

Observations

Foden looks decent
Ederson will improve
Nasri still has quality
Early days so no real panic but, the defence still has no fucking protection whatsoever and this needs to be addressed.

Scum are still C****
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dwaring » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:47 pm

take aways:
Ederson made some fine saves but that error gave me flashback from last season.
Kompany looked fit and solid. Seems to be his old self. Fingers crossed. Thought Tosin looked composed besides him as well.
What's there to say about Foden. Looks like a real talent. Scared of nothing.
Roberts failed to impress. He's a rhythm player and just couldn't get anything going. Hope he's given another opportunity.
Walker is just what the doctor ordered.
Would love to see Samir pull a yaya type resurgence this year but I don't see it happening. He can put the ball on a dime but can't be bothered to put in any hussel.

Besides a bad 5 mins, I thought we looked pretty fit for our first match. Can't wait to see foden in person in Nashville.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby Justified logic » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:56 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Maybe should have let Lukaku have a touch in his own time and settle for a throw-in.
Justified logic

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:10 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

you ok carl?

I've heard he's happy in his work. Why, are you making plans for him?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Justified logic wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Maybe should have let Lukaku have a touch in his own time and settle for a throw-in.

:lol:
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:57 pm

mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

you ok carl?

I've heard he's happy in his work. Why, are you making plans for him?

I hear Nigel is never happy...even whines when he shags.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:09 pm

Justified logic wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Probably right there.The header he knocked on might well have happened anyway but Carl is tight that Vinnie lost Lukaku on that one occasion. Still a real misjudgement from Ederson.

Other than that Vinnie was excellent
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:23 pm

Just watched the goals against the rags. I hope Ederson dies.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum