Tunnel club, loyalty and the price of success

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tunnel club, loyalty and the price of success

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:55 am

This has really pissed me off and I regret extending my season ticket now. Shit like this is making me fall out of love with the club and it saddens me to say that. If I knew this is what success would bring, I would have declined.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Re: Tunnel club, loyalty and the price of success

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:58 am

Fidel Castro wrote:This has really pissed me off and I regret extending my season ticket now. Shit like this is making me fall out of love with the club and it saddens me to say that. If I knew this is what success would bring, I would have declined.

That is an absolute disgrace. Someone who has money and decides they want to change their allegiance to city this season from Chelsea last season will be further up the pecking order than someone who has followed the club through thick and thin for 50 years
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:05 am

It really is. It's embarrassing and the club deserves all the shit it gets. Even if it's not a fan who switched allegiance, I've no idea why a City fan with more money should get priority over an equally loyal City fan who earns less. I fucking hate the club at the minute.
Fidel Castro

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:32 am

Fidel Castro wrote:It really is. It's embarrassing and the club deserves all the shit it gets. Even if it's not a fan who switched allegiance, I've no idea why a City fan with more money should get priority over an equally loyal City fan who earns less. I fucking hate the club at the minute.

I agree. I have tweeted the club to say as much as it wound me up when I saw that. I attached your screenshot too. It's a fucking disgrace.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:46 am

I was involved in all the shit the club created when they decided to go upmarket in CB level 2 . Our group all mates had seats for years in 222 , they redeveloped it and banged the price up from around £800 to £1300 a season . Some stayed with it but I and others fucked it off . The fact I could afford it didn't come into it it was the principle and where the club was going with it all so I fucked it off and relocated to 121 just below for £700 a season . Yeah our lifelong group got split up but 121 is sound good banter good fans a few new mates and a lot cheaper . Oh and guess why there are loads of empty seats in 222 and same area ....... shit decision making MCFC !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:21 am

In fairness, it was obvious it was going to go this way when they allowed you to purchase double loyalty points, and when they decided to block-reserve a load of tickets for Spurs away (and possibly other matches) for 'our London-based fans', i.e. anyone who fancied paying to jump the queue for tickets by buying a pre-match hospitality 'experience'.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:29 am

Absolutely shocking stuff. Besides in grand scheme of things these are pennies for club yet in their greediness they are willing to piss of core support. Not cool.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dub City » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:33 am

What does PRIORITY booking mean? Like most here im assuming it means jump right over the heads of all lads who have had season tickets since Maine Road and long before. Im lucky enough that have decent points on my season ticket that have gotten tickets for all the recent cup finals and semis but there was a couple of away games I wanted to get to and sold out before it hit my points bracket and non season ticket holders have gotten tickets from same game through supporters club but this just brings a whole new level of bollox to the table.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:55 am

do the people that want the tunnel club experience go to away games?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby pepsi_dave » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:08 pm

Nige, I think it's the point that loyalty is now not rewarded, where as new customers with bigger bank balances than most of us normal match-going fans, are rewarded with the same things that have usually been rewarded for loyalty.

Additionally, whether they go to the games or not is immaterial. Corporate members have priority access to away/cup final tickets which brings about further issues.

Increases the amount of tickets that will enter the black market, which City have already expressed a desire to reduce/stamp out, it also alters the demographic of away game crowds, and more than likely dilutes the atmosphere as we've seen more and more evidence of in recent seasons. This latest display of contempt towards loyal fans will only exacerbate the situation.
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Mase » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:18 pm

Glad I didn't renew my season ticket. Started falling out of love with the club a few season ago and shit like this just makes it worse.

The buzz I used to get on a matchday is all but gone now - mainly due to the fact the pricks want you out of your seat within 30 seconds of the final whistle. Maine Road we used to hang around whilst my mum and dad had a drink in the Kippax and we'd stay in our seats watching the players warm down. Last season I was threatened with Show-Sec because I wouldn't leave my seat 10 minutes after the final whistle (I was waiting in the stadium as it was chucking it down and I knew the car park would be manic).

I'm at the point now where when I have kids if they want to support anyone else (as long as it's not the rags) I won't argue.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:22 pm

Yes it's not nice, not one bit. Reality is the 50 million for each player, massive wages etc has to come from somewhere.
Its only going to get worse and we're not alone.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:09 pm

Cheer up for goodness sake, it's just capitalism. Our owner wants to be richer- that's how it works. There's no point in complaining like Mr Faust now, far too late.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Makes me ashamed of the club. There must be some right idiots working there if they think pissing off loyal, long standing fans for what amounts to coppers is worthwhile.

Football has been detached from the working man in the PL for a while now. I had thought that although we weren't immune to this type of behaviour, we werent as blatant as this. Sadly, and it pains me to say it, but this is very rag like. A sad day indeed. Another little bit of the soul that makes our DNA has gone
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:45 pm

You should see the price list they sentme for Corporate hospitality games ! absolute joke.

The food is always drop dead average crap and they have lost the plot with their pricing .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby aristation » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:17 pm

Got a phone call from the Club earlier in the week trying to get me to upgrade to hospitality, the prices were ridiculous as was my language to the salesgirl, I have moved last season to the first three rows of the South Stand to get a cheaper ticket and just wont be going to so many games as the "magic" of matchday has gone for me
It may be my last year as a season ticket holder as it just doesn't seem the same with so few English and local players (but I said that last year)
aristation
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:27 pm

I'm still pissed off that they told me to go jump when I emailed them about tickets to the champs league last season and then last week I saw they'd asked the group on Facebook that hooked me up to shut down for security reasons. What a load of shit. There were thousands of Scottish accents walking right by security with no hassle.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby patrickblue » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:13 pm

It's all going tits up isn't it.
After this, that's the end of my season ticket too.
It'll probably be the end of this forum too, and it'll end up with Bluemoon becoming Blue Cafe.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:25 pm

patrickblue wrote:It's all going tits up isn't it.
It'll probably be the end of this forum too, and it'll end up with Bluemoon becoming Blue Cafe.

if Jezzer were in charge of the country things like this just wouldn't be allowed to happen
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:35 am

johnny crossan wrote:
patrickblue wrote:It's all going tits up isn't it.

if Jezzer were in charge of the country things like this just wouldn't be allowed to happen

Sky doing a piece this morning ahead of the big reveal, whenever that it is. Looks very top shelf

I'll put it up later if I have time
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum