Tunnel club, loyalty and the price of success

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Tunnel club, loyalty and the price of success

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:28 am

Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:07 am

If you signed up to pay the £50 extra for double loyalty points, don't complain now that you can't afford the tunnel experience.

Despite having a season ticket since '96, it was several days before I was eligible to get a semi ticket last season. Don't get to away games these days, so didn't expect first go, but I was way behind the few thousand who could get those points. And as the kids couldn't get one under my card, it was the last day before we could apply. Another few years and we'll be waiting for general sales unless we want to go premium.

But then the extra £50 lot will be pushed behind the tunnel stalkers and the corporates and the next marketing experience. How long until we insist that season tickets buy into all the cup schemes to make sure the ground is sold out for CL games?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:37 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:If you signed up to pay the £50 extra for double loyalty points, don't complain now that you can't afford the tunnel experience.

Despite having a season ticket since '96, it was several days before I was eligible to get a semi ticket last season. Don't get to away games these days, so didn't expect first go, but I was way behind the few thousand who could get those points. And as the kids couldn't get one under my card, it was the last day before we could apply. Another few years and we'll be waiting for general sales unless we want to go premium.

But then the extra £50 lot will be pushed behind the tunnel stalkers and the corporates and the next marketing experience. How long until we insist that season tickets buy into all the cup schemes to make sure the ground is sold out for CL games?

Pretty much sums up my feelings on the issue, too.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum