Ruining football

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ruining football

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:45 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
phips wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I'll ask again, who tweeted that Phips?

sorry chap, youre gonna have to have people quote you as i have you Foe'd.

no clue who tweeted and i frankly couldn't care less.

Genuine question but why would anyone want to 'foe' anyone else on this Forum ??

Never understood that myself. It's not compulsory to read posts so why don't they just avoid?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby phips » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:41 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Genuine question but why would anyone want to 'foe' anyone else on this Forum ??

I've just got a few and its only the idiots whose contributions to this site are, in my opinion, terrible and id rather not have to see them and have them cluttering up the threads--FIBD and OD, for example (cue people insulting my "contributions", and tbc im not claiming im an asset to this forum. i dont care. Foe me if you dont want to see it). it's a good way for me to filter out the dross.

i have actually used the available tools on this forum to my advantage instead of complaining about other posters to mods, like some people resort to.

Justified logic wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I'll ask again, who tweeted that Phips?

sorry chap, youre gonna have to have people quote you as i have you Foe'd.
no clue who tweeted and i frankly couldn't care less.

I only ask because I've come across lots of rags on Twitter retweeting the same thing, chap.

who cares if this is on "rag Twitter"? facts are facts regardless of who is spouting them. in fact, id be disappointed in "rag Twitter" if they didnt retweet the hell out of it. it's their duty to champion anything anti-City.

its also mentioned in quite a few news articles if you care.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:46 pm

PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:51 pm

phips wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Genuine question but why would anyone want to 'foe' anyone else on this Forum ??

I've just got a few and its only the idiots whose contributions to this site are, in my opinion, terrible and id rather not have to see them and have them cluttering up the threads--FIBD and OD, for example (cue people insulting my "contributions", and tbc im not claiming im an asset to this forum. i dont care. Foe me if you dont want to see it). it's a good way for me to filter out the dross.

i have actually used the available tools on this forum to my advantage instead of complaining about other posters to mods, like some people resort to.

To summarise MC, it's because he's a cunt.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Justified logic » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:10 pm

phips wrote:

I've just got a few and its only the idiots whose contributions to this site are, in my opinion, terrible and id rather not have to see them and have them cluttering up the threads --FIBD and OD, for example (cue people insulting my "contributions", and tbc im not claiming im an asset to this forum. i dont care. Foe me if you dont want to see it). it's a good way for me to filter out the dross.

Odd that you don't think my drivel worth foe'ing.

BTW, are you Germanic in origin?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:19 pm

phips wrote:

who cares if this is on "rag Twitter"? facts are facts regardless of who is spouting them. in fact, id be disappointed in "rag Twitter" if they didnt retweet the hell out of it. it's their duty to champion anything anti-City.

its also mentioned in quite a few news articles if you care.

Facts are facts eh?

So tell me, who's fact is a fact?

This guy's fact?

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.dailymail ... la-cl.html

or the original Tweeter of that tweet's fact?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:43 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:

To summarise MC, it's because he's a cunt.

He been a cunt from day one , a cunt the day after and a cunt everyday whilst on here . Question is how is this cunt still here ????????
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby bigblue » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:49 pm

phips problem is that he just started following football a few years ago. He has close to 0 knowledge about what it means to support a team and the cultural aspects of football (stuff that most people know from primary school).

He's a cunt because he refuses to listen to life long football supporters, and seems to have 0 interest to learn anything about football besides what you would know from playing Football Manager for a week. It's hard to find a worst place to be than comfortable in your own ignorance.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:48 pm

Mase wrote:The clubs ruining football are the ones that are asking us to pay well over the odds for players, not us.

Everton for example, they've just got £75 million for Lukaku so when they've gone to Swansea for Sig, Swansea have said "Sound, you've just got £75 million you can give us £50 million!" And so on and so on.

The selling club thinks they're getting one over on the buying club but it ruins them in the long run.

In reality all that money pours down the pyramid. My local team, HJK, got 1.5m from Rangers for this guy, Alfredo Morelos, this summer which is a big deal for them. I traced the money back and you could say some of that came from City's pockets. That's how the ecosystem works.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Mase wrote:The clubs ruining football are the ones that are asking us to pay well over the odds for players, not us.

Everton for example, they've just got £75 million for Lukaku so when they've gone to Swansea for Sig, Swansea have said "Sound, you've just got £75 million you can give us £50 million!" And so on and so on.

The selling club thinks they're getting one over on the buying club but it ruins them in the long run.

In reality all that money pours down the pyramid. My local team, HJK, got 1.5m from Rangers for this guy, Alfredo Morelos, this summer which is a big deal for them. I traced the money back and you could say some of that came from City's pockets. That's how the ecosystem works.

Most of the PL riches will end up in the pockets of footballers and their leeches, sorry, agents. It won't filter down the leagues. Some of it will, of course but not a lot. Reading the table in a thread the other day about PL clubs finances and a lot of the clubs wages were 75%+ of turnover. That is a very high figure. Also how many of the signings the PL clubs make are from the lower leagues in England. Not many. And part of the reason of this is lower league clubs ask for silly money. Division 3 clubs have asked for £5/6m for players which is a gamble. Brentford this year have bought so done from Exeter who are a fourth division club for nearly £2m. For a division 4player! Madness. That is a rare case but it happens. Clubs are pricing themselves out of the market.

Years ago the dippers bought Rush from Chester, it would never happen now
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby bigblue » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:17 pm

Ah yes, trickle down economics. Just open your mouth and wait for the golden stream of wealth to drip down upon you.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby patrickblue » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:21 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Most of the PL riches will end up in the pockets of footballers and their leeches, sorry, agents. It won't filter down the leagues. Some of it will, of course but not a lot. Reading the table in a thread the other day about PL clubs finances and a lot of the clubs wages were 75%+ of turnover. That is a very high figure. Also how many of the signings the PL clubs make are from the lower leagues in England. Not many. And part of the reason of this is lower league clubs ask for silly money. Division 3 clubs have asked for £5/6m for players which is a gamble. Brentford this year have bought so done from Exeter who are a fourth division club for nearly £2m. For a division 4player! Madness. That is a rare case but it happens. Clubs are pricing themselves out of the market.

So how about Vardy from Fleetwood in 2012.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:27 pm

patrickblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

So how about Vardy from Fleetwood in 2012.

Leicester were a Division 2 outfit at the time
nottsblue

Postby patrickblue » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:41 pm

They were Championship, or was that what you meant, as in old money.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:43 pm

patrickblue wrote:They were Championship, or was that what you meant, as in old money.

Yes, that was what I meant in old money!
nottsblue

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:31 am

nottsblue wrote:

Delle Ali, John Stones, I know they are the exceptions, but it does happen.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:37 am

nottsblue wrote:

Delle Ali, John Stones, I know they are the exceptions, but it does happen.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum