Ruining football

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ruining football

Postby Scatman » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:24 pm

50m for walker means 50m for mendy. Means the price of a decent defender is now above 50m.

They may have a point.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: Ruining football

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:28 pm

Scatman wrote:50m for walker means 50m for mendy. Means the price of a decent defender is now above 50m.

They may have a point.

Which is half a Pogba. Who is ruining football again?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mase » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:21 pm

£45 million!!!!!!!!!!

Ffs we're doing their job for them!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:57 pm

For fuck sake.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:12 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Scatman wrote:50m for walker means 50m for mendy. Means the price of a decent defender is now above 50m.

They may have a point.

Which is half a Pogba. Who is ruining football again?

Half a Lukaku too. The Sly pundits will make us the main culprits. But, why do we spend so much? Because our owners are loaded. So why are our owners involved? Because there is loads of tv money to be had, mainly from Sky. So why are other rich owners involved? Because of the money in football, mainly from Sky. So the real underlying problem in footie is Sky. It's a real shame they have the media power to point all the blame at us.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:56 pm

can we add the alleged £65m+ bids liverpool have reportedly made for the lad from red bull leipzig...
i'll be honest, i cannot recall anything the guy has done in his short career...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:45 pm

Wait, you mean PSG, right?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:07 am

Without a doubt we are contributing to the overall problem.Don't get me wrong I like that we are signing good players but the figures involved are making no sense.

We are not the only ones to blame but it's gone beyond ridiculous at this stage.

The worst thing of all is the money so many average players are getting for kicking a football around, in the grand scheme of things it's disgusting.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:07 am

Green & Blue wrote:Without a doubt we are contributing to the overall problem.Don't get me wrong I like that we are signing good players but the figures involved are making no sense.

We are not the only ones to blame but it's gone beyond ridiculous at this stage.

The worst thing of all is the money so many average players are getting for kicking a football around, in the grand scheme of things it's disgusting.

It's funny yer know, but I've been hearing the same argument since the 1970's when I first went to the football.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby PrezIke » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:36 am

I understand the working class routes aspect with connections to football in terms of why so many fans across Europe seem to be frustrated with the fees but this is professional global branded products we are talking about.

The PL is the highest earning league in the world collecting huge revenues from everywhere on Earth.

Why would prices for players remain the same in a generally "free market" where selling clubs everywhere know the pressure to stay in the league, succeed in it, as well as CL (where English clubs have struggled of late) and find HG players of quality to get into the first team is at the highest level it has ever been?

Players and workers should have a right, if you ask me, in a so-called "free market" to earn as much as they can and wherever they want if the demand is there.

Blame neoliberal capitalism if you want. We all don't get the same privileges as the richest to do the same, but there are other examples on Earth that I think are far more egregious if you ask me than footballers who at least create a product that entertains and has real demand globally.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:18 am

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:48 am

Blame the TV money and SKY / BT rag / dipper wankfest , this is the real issue that has created the obscene inflated transfer market / ticket prices the lot !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:05 am

PrezIke wrote:I understand the working class routes aspect with connections to football in terms of why so many fans across Europe seem to be frustrated with the fees but this is professional global branded products we are talking about.

The PL is the highest earning league in the world collecting huge revenues from everywhere on Earth.

Why would prices for players remain the same in a generally "free market" where selling clubs everywhere know the pressure to stay in the league, succeed in it, as well as CL (where English clubs have struggled of late) and find HG players of quality to get into the first team is at the highest level it has ever been?

Players and workers should have a right, if you ask me, in a so-called "free market" to earn as much as they can and wherever they want if the demand is there.

Blame neoliberal capitalism if you want. We all don't get the same privileges as the richest to do the same, but there are other examples on Earth that I think are far more egregious if you ask me than footballers who at least create a product that entertains and has real demand globally.

Brilliant post Prezlke.
Couldn't agree more.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:29 pm

Ruining football?

The only thing that's ruining football is the propaganda machine. And it's been running on full throttle lately.

And working too.

Clearly.
Original Dub

Postby phips » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:13 am

Most expensive keeper in history, most expensive left back in history, most expensive right back in history, co-most expensive CB in history, 2nd most expensive CB in history, first PL club in history to spend over £200M in a single window (& prob more on the way).

not saying its necessarily a bad thing or that its ruling football but if definitely gives the detractors plenty of ammunition.
of course different eras aren't really comparable due to budgets and popularity and TV rights etc.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby lonestay » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:19 am

I love the small mindedness of other clubs and supporters , couple of posts back someone alluded to the fact that the sheikh was in it for the TV money really? If he was the local business man running a club then the TV money is big potatoes but it ain't to Mansour . I love the fact that other clubs and supporters still think along traditional routes when it comes too doing things in football, or organically as the scum on the caf like to say .
lonestay
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:00 am

phips wrote:Most expensive keeper in history, most expensive left back in history, most expensive right back in history, co-most expensive CB in history, 2nd most expensive CB in history, first PL club in history to spend over £200M in a single window (& prob more on the way).

not saying its necessarily a bad thing or that its ruling football but if definitely gives the detractors plenty of ammunition.
of course different eras aren't really comparable due to budgets and popularity and TV rights etc.

It certainly does give them ammunition when people buy into their bullshit. Buffon is still the most expensive keeper, thank Brexit.

David Luiz cost more to PSG than Stones did to City and I assume you mean Mangala when you say second most, that would be Stones with Mangala in fourth unless you again believe the press rather than the club.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:05 am

phips wrote:Most expensive keeper in history, most expensive left back in history, most expensive right back in history, co-most expensive CB in history, 2nd most expensive CB in history, first PL club in history to spend over £200M in a single window (& prob more on the way).

It has absolutely no relevance though does it? We aren't borrowing the money, or even having it gifted anymore.

The point is that the media sees headlines in 'nasty old City spending money' (Sky are having a field day) whereas EXACTLY the same spending by the Rags gets headlines about what wonderful players they have signed (even when they are shit) and how wonderful it is.

The basic stance is that 'the detractors' can fuck right off.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:16 am

The Rags dictate the news and they're ensuring we get as much stick as possible.

Reality is, they're hating what we are doing. Not because we are spending money but because we have addressed near enough all our problem areas.

Football has been ruined in a sense, but not by us, but by those that wish to control it. None more culpable than Sky and their Raggy little hordes.

I actually love what we are doing, I think, on the whole, this has been the best window ever. So much so that i'm now getting a little paranoid and thinking we have some sort of Barca/Real style transfer ban coming our way ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:41 am

Beefymcfc wrote:The Rags dictate the news and they're ensuring we get as much stick as possible.

Reality is, they're hating what we are doing. Not because we are spending money but because we have addressed near enough all our problem areas.

Football has been ruined in a sense, but not by us, but by those that wish to control it. None more culpable than Sky and their Raggy little hordes.

I actually love what we are doing, I think, on the whole, this has been the best window ever. So much so that i'm now getting a little paranoid and thinking we have some sort of Barca/Real style transfer ban coming our way ;-)

Beefy makes a very valid point here . We are controlling the transfer market we have broke the rag monopoly so the haters are stepping forward . All good long may it continue and long may the rags and the dippers fall further behind the pecking order .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum