Kylian Mbappé

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kylian Mbappé

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:11 pm

I just wish I could get that fucking song out of my head every time I read his name.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:38 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I just wish I could get that fucking song out of my head every time I read his name.

Me too...

"Kylian softly with his words, kylian softly..."

:)
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:49 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I just wish I could get that fucking song out of my head every time I read his name.

Me too...

"Kylian softly with his words, kylian softly..."

:)

:lol:
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:52 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
phips wrote:the quoted price is far too extravagant for someone who has been good for 6 months.
before last season he started 3 senior matches.

go back in for him next summer. if Real snap him up before then, so be it. its too big of a risk right now.

i agree he's a risk. however there must be a reason every top club is circling, and i would hope they can spot a future star better than you or i.

What is the risk? That he isn't very good and we look silly? So what it won't break the club - Steve Daley anyone?

To me it is a risk worth taking, always assuming the finance director knoes what he is doing. The guy looks bloody good to me.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:25 pm

I tweeted a link to De La Soul's The Magic Number (Three, that's the magic number) to Mendy, Bernardo and Mbappe, but none of the bastards reacted, so he can do one as far as I'm concerned.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:35 pm

mr_nool wrote:I tweeted a link to De La Soul's The Magic Number (Three, that's the magic number) to Mendy, Bernardo and Mbappe, but none of the bastards reacted, so he can do one as far as I'm concerned.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:49 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:The obvious one has to be Real. Everyone knows they're the bully boys of European football. That quote also suggests that the statement released by Monaco was aimed at Real more than anyone else, are you listening Sky?

We're supposed to have some sort of 'pact' with them, allegedly as a result of the Sheikh's financial rescue of their stadium redevelopment project a couple of years ago. Also, eighteen year-old proteges have not been RM's taste in the past, partly because of the problem of benching the queue of galacticos to give them game time.
Maybe not so much of an issue with our young forward line....anyway I'll just dream on :roll:

Real have just agreed to sign a 16 year-old from Brazil for £38 million next summer.

told ya! :lol:

That'd be brilliant. I might even die laughing.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:36 pm

i'll suck carl off if he signs
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:24 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:
phips wrote:the quoted price is far too extravagant for someone who has been good for 6 months.

go back in for him next summer. if Real snap him up before then, so be it. its too big of a risk right now.

i agree he's a risk. however there must be a reason every top club is circling, and i would hope they can spot a future star better than you or i.

What is the risk? That he isn't very good and we look silly? So what it won't break the club - Steve Daley anyone?

To me it is a risk worth taking, always assuming the finance director knoes what he is doing. The guy looks bloody good to me.

Fair point re the risk. On the flip side it took us as a club a long time to recover after the largesse of the late 70s early 80s. We are however a different beast now and would recover from a big financial hit much quicker.

But this fellas price seems to rise every day. Up to £160m now.

Serious question, would anyone like to see him replace Kun? That sort of money, even for us, is a lot and the money men would be anxious to regenerate some of it. Say £80+m for Kun and suddenly the £160m for Mbappe doesn't seem as much?
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:32 pm

Personally don't think we are in for him and I hope we are not.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:15 pm

Meanwhile RM paid £40+ for a teenager who doesn't even play regularly for his own Brazilian club.

This guy, on jenother hand has the goods and shown it against the best and at all levels.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:36 pm

Socrates wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
john@staustell wrote:It's probably heresy t some but the blame for our form lies not with the defence, not even with Claudio Bravo, though he helps, but with the lamentable finishing of the last 2 seasons. If we scored half of what we should it wouldn't matter if Bravo fucked up.

Guardiola realises this and I'm sure they will try big time for Mbappe or Sanchez. It's not just a simple question of blaming Aguero for missing - you need to keep all top strikers fresh and hungry - not knackered and running miles every game.

Obvious innit?

I agree with that John, there's a popular myth that defences win titles, in the last 5 PL seasons the team with the best defence has only been champions on one occasion.

Goals, goals and more goals, that's what I want to see.

Absolutely and the more strikers we have, the better, although we need decent hod carriers further back to carry the ammunition to the front line and to contribute with a goal or two themselves.

Hod carriers? We need, and indeed have, quality creative midfielders. The very people who created those many wasted chances!

You can carry a load of bricks with as much verve, flair, style, artistry and panache as you can muster Socs old chum but, at the end of the day, if you don't deliver a load of bricks to the bricklayer, then the bricklayer might just as well not be on the building site.

In deference though, I did say that we needed "decent" hod carriers which, in our case, means world class artists ;) ;) ;)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:56 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
john@staustell wrote:It's probably heresy t some but the blame for our form lies not with the defence, not even with Claudio Bravo, though he helps, but with the lamentable finishing of the last 2 seasons. If we scored half of what we should it wouldn't matter if Bravo fucked up.

Guardiola realises this and I'm sure they will try big time for Mbappe or Sanchez. It's not just a simple question of blaming Aguero for missing - you need to keep all top strikers fresh and hungry - not knackered and running miles every game.

Obvious innit?

I agree with that John, there's a popular myth that defences win titles, in the last 5 PL seasons the team with the best defence has only been champions on one occasion.

Goals, goals and more goals, that's what I want to see.

Absolutely and the more strikers we have, the better, although we need decent hod carriers further back to carry the ammunition to the front line and to contribute with a goal or two themselves.

Hod carriers? We need, and indeed have, quality creative midfielders. The very people who created those many wasted chances!

You can carry a load of bricks with as much verve, flair, style, artistry and panache as you can muster Socs old chum but, at the end of the day, if you don't deliver a load of bricks to the bricklayer, then the bricklayer might just as well not be on the building site.

In deference though, I did say that we needed "decent" hod carriers which, in our case, means world class artists ;) ;) ;)

It's not creating chances that was the issue last season. How many times did we have our head in our hands at another game where we battered the opposition but didn't get what we should've? Certainly, the likes of Silva and KDB should be scoring more goals to help out
nottsblue

Postby sheblue » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:17 pm

Don't think we have a serious chance of getting him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:24 pm

The money around him are crazy.

I have to admit, he is top, but paying that much, it would set an absurd limit out there for other clubs. No wonder Scouse want 30 mil for Sakho. I think Mbappe is still young to cost that much, however, I think he looks smart enough to understand what is next for him.

Imho, we should avoid him. Looks top, but would be an incredible big gamble.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Woodyblue » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:58 pm

According to The BBC R.M have done a deal for him for €180m
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/40632360
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:07 pm

How people even bother to compare him to Sanchez. I mean Sanchez is a very good player no doubt but Mbappe is genuine generational talent. I haven't seen 18 year old that good since certain Lionel Messi came through at Barcelona. Absolutely mindblowingly talented. Lot can happen but my prediction is that where ever he ends up he will be the best player on the planet in four five years. This shouldn't be treated like " what we have left on transfer kitty this year" but rather investment. We'd make three times the transfer fee back on shirt sales alone in next ten years. Will be like fucking Messi with every kid from Tibet to Timbuktu having his shirt. Imagine what that will do to our global marketing project. By that time Sanchez will be well into his mangerial career.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:07 pm

Woodyblue wrote:According to The BBC R.M have done a deal for him for €180m

13.35 Madrid have not done a deal for Mbappe.
nottsblue

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:22 pm

that's a Norwegian Blue link Woody
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Woodyblue » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:49 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
that's a Norwegian Blue link Woody

Ah sorry trying to be a smart arse I'm crap with computers. Here's a straight lift:

Kylian MbappePA
Spanish sports publication Marca report that French champions Monaco have accepted Real Madrid's 180m euros offer for their 18-year-old forward Kylian Mbappe.

They say the France international's fee will be split - "160m euros up front with 20m euros worth of add-ons".

Mbappe came to prominence last season as his speed, guile and instinct in front of goal - which saw him score 24 times - lit up French football and the Champions League.
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum