Kylian Mbappé

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Kylian Mbappé

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:13 am

Just read he's said he "will not be pushed into the obvious transfer" so I think he deserves a thread for that

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Kylian Mbappe

Postby Wooders » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:15 am

That does seem like a very deliberate choice of shirt doesn't it?
What is "the obvious transfer"? Us or the Spanish rags?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Re: Kylian Mbappe

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:17 am

Wooders wrote:That does seem like a very deliberate choice of shirt doesn't it?
What is "the obvious transfer"? Us or the Spanish rags?

don't think it's us - Madrid and PSG are the odds on favourites although the Tarquins think they are :)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Re: Kylian Mbappé

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:23 am

The obvious one has to be Real. Everyone knows they're the bully boys of European football. That quote also suggests that the statement released by Monaco was aimed at Real more than anyone else, are you listening Sky?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:35 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:The obvious one has to be Real. Everyone knows they're the bully boys of European football. That quote also suggests that the statement released by Monaco was aimed at Real more than anyone else, are you listening Sky?

We're supposed to have some sort of 'pact' with them, allegedly as a result of the Sheikh's financial rescue of their stadium redevelopment project a couple of years ago. Also, eighteen year-old proteges have not been RM's taste in the past, partly because of the problem of benching the queue of galacticos to give them game time.
Maybe not so much of an issue with our young forward line....anyone I'll just dream on :roll:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:14 am

It's probably heresy t some but the blame for our form lies not with the defence, not even with Claudio Bravo, though he helps, but with the lamentable finishing of the last 2 seasons. If we scored half of what we should it wouldn't matter if Bravo fucked up.

Guardiola realises this and I'm sure they will try big time for Mbappe or Sanchez. It's not just a simple question of blaming Aguero for missing - you need to keep all top strikers fresh and hungry - not knackered and running miles every game.

Obvious innit?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:21 am

john@staustell wrote:It's probably heresy t some but the blame for our form lies not with the defence, not even with Claudio Bravo, though he helps, but with the lamentable finishing of the last 2 seasons. If we scored half of what we should it wouldn't matter if Bravo fucked up.

Guardiola realises this and I'm sure they will try big time for Mbappe or Sanchez. It's not just a simple question of blaming Aguero for missing - you need to keep all top strikers fresh and hungry - not knackered and running miles every game.

Obvious innit?

I agree with that John, there's a popular myth that defences win titles, in the last 5 PL seasons the team with the best defence has only been champions on one occasion.

Goals, goals and more goals, that's what I want to see.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:33 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
john@staustell wrote:It's probably heresy t some but the blame for our form lies not with the defence, not even with Claudio Bravo, though he helps, but with the lamentable finishing of the last 2 seasons. If we scored half of what we should it wouldn't matter if Bravo fucked up.

Obvious innit?

I agree with that John, there's a popular myth that defences win titles, in the last 5 PL seasons the team with the best defence has only been champions on one occasion.

Absolutely and the more strikers we have, the better, although we need decent hod carriers further back to carry the ammunition to the front line and to contribute with a goal or two themselves.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:54 am

Looks like you've just cursed that one JC, City watch saying RM have had €180M bid accepted by AS.......
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:01 am

CTID Hants wrote:Looks like you've just cursed that one JC, City watch saying RM have had €180M bid accepted by AS.......

If this is so, our owners should immediately demand their money back from Real and pull the financial rug from beneath them.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:05 am

CTID Hants wrote:Looks like you've just cursed that one JC, City watch saying RM have had €180M bid accepted by AS.......

It wouldn't surprise me if true, however Marca
saying this is akin to The Mirror saying the rags have Griezmann.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:16 am

fret not yet fellow blues, we are still in the game... :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:28 am

johnny crossan wrote:

fret not yet fellow blues, we are still in the game... :D

No doubt Huddersfield are preparing a bid.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:34 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:The obvious one has to be Real. Everyone knows they're the bully boys of European football. That quote also suggests that the statement released by Monaco was aimed at Real more than anyone else, are you listening Sky?

We're supposed to have some sort of 'pact' with them, allegedly as a result of the Sheikh's financial rescue of their stadium redevelopment project a couple of years ago. Also, eighteen year-old proteges have not been RM's taste in the past, partly because of the problem of benching the queue of galacticos to give them game time.
Maybe not so much of an issue with our young forward line....anyone I'll just dream on :roll:

Real have just agreed to sign a 16 year-old from Brazil for £38 million next summer.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby City64 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:38 am

Pretty certain will we get either this fella or Sanchez and Nacho sold to Leicester .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Socrates » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:00 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Obvious innit?

Absolutely and the more strikers we have, the better, although we need decent hod carriers further back to carry the ammunition to the front line and to contribute with a goal or two themselves.

Hod carriers? We need, and indeed have, quality creative midfielders. The very people who created those many wasted chances!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:06 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Maybe not so much of an issue with our young forward line....anyway I'll just dream on :roll:

Real have just agreed to sign a 16 year-old from Brazil for £38 million next summer.

told ya! :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:34 pm

I heard he wants to go to the Rags but they don't want him as Lukaku is the finished article.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby phips » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:59 pm

the quoted price is far too extravagant for someone who has been good for 6 months.
before last season he started 3 senior matches.

go back in for him next summer. if Real snap him up before then, so be it. its too big of a risk right now.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:09 pm

phips wrote:the quoted price is far too extravagant for someone who has been good for 6 months.
before last season he started 3 senior matches.

go back in for him next summer. if Real snap him up before then, so be it. its too big of a risk right now.

i agree he's a risk. however there must be a reason every top club is circling, and i would hope they can spot a future star better than you or i.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum