Kylian Mbappé

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kylian Mbappé

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:40 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:Wasnt Monaco threatening to report us and others for tapping up just a few weeks ago? Now they're happy to let him leave "for sporting reasons"?

Sky decided it was us they were threatening to report, there was never any proof to back up Sky's claim.

That sporting reasons quote was lost in translation. He's saying that he shouldn't just decide his future based on money.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby dazby » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:53 pm

I think he will be ours before the weekend- and it's very very exciting.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby mr_nool » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:48 pm

dazby wrote:I think he will be ours before the weekend- and it's very very exciting.

Can he fill in as centre back and full back? Or as defensive CM — he is bald after all.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:40 pm

Fuckin hell if this is true...

Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:16 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Fuckin hell if this is true...

que sera sera
but abandon not ye hope (like Fern)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:51 am

johnny crossan wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Fuckin hell if this is true...

que sera sera
but abandon not ye hope (like Fern)

Crikey, if this is true, the owners of PSG must be disdainful of what UEFA's FFP regime can do to them.

On the other hand, they might have some very imaginative and accomplished accountants to creatively steer them through the morass, they might consider they have a very good legal case and are planning litigation against UEFA under the guise of restraint of trade, or they just don't care as they have ulterior motives in setting up a breakaway Super League.

If this deal goes through, there could be some interesting times ahead. On the other hand, it could just be paper talk.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:08 am

I admire PSG it is win win for Ligue 1. I would love him with City. Cherry on the cake another snub for both the clubs in Spain !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:52 am

Hazy2 wrote:I admire PSG it is win win for Ligue 1. I would love him with City. Cherry on the cake another snub for both the clubs in Spain !

I've always believed an owner can spend whatever he wants to spend as long as the club is never in danger of folding - Im enjoying PSG stick 2 fingers up to UEFA , and also tell them to sit down and drink a coffee.........class.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:28 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:I admire PSG it is win win for Ligue 1. I would love him with City. Cherry on the cake another snub for both the clubs in Spain !

I've always believed an owner can spend whatever he wants to spend as long as the club is never in danger of folding - Im enjoying PSG stick 2 fingers up to UEFA , and also tell them to sit down and drink a coffee.........class.

I'm with you Carl, on owners being able to spend whatever they wish, which is quite the reverse of those owners who see an opportunity to use a Club as a 'de facto' cash machine for purposes outside of football.

By doing what they seem to be doing though, I'm surmising that the owners of PSG are gearing up for a full scale war against UEFA, with their buying policy being the necessary trigger. They might have gauged that the time is right to take this body on and break the overbearing hold it has on football and it could be that they might have quite a few allies in such a fight.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:41 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I'm with you Carl, on owners being able to spend whatever they wish, which is quite the reverse of those owners who see an opportunity to use a Club as a 'de facto' cash machine for purposes outside of football.

By doing what they seem to be doing though, I'm surmising that the owners of PSG are gearing up for a full scale war against UEFA, with their buying policy being the necessary trigger. They might have gauged that the time is right to take this body on and break the overbearing hold it has on football and it could be that they might have quite a few allies in such a fight.

Its certainly looking that way MC - They seem to be having their own footballing Brexit and its exciting to see how this will unfold.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:48 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

The ripple has been amazing. I looked at Rennes V PSG on Viagogo, before the sigining look now Sold out.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:53 pm

Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:47 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I agree

Also isn't there actually a clause now - inserted for the benefit of Inter and AC - that you can spend what you like as long as you flag it up in advance to UEFA as 'catching up' or something?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:06 am

I have just listened to Scudamore talking at the Premier league season launch in London. It would not be good if a Premier league team go down the road and do what PSG have done with Neymar, that sort of thing takes the fans further away from football. Now if that was the scum buying Neymar, he would be doing cartwheels.

I DO hope the Monaco lad comes to City, but boy will we see a reaction from teh bent bastards. Even had the cheek to say, we watched what happened at Portsmouth and new we had to change the rules. PISS TAKE !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:41 am

Boy would be stupid to stay on France. Think of PSG what you want but you will never get true respect unless you do the biz in PL, La Liga or to lesser extent Serie A. That's just.the way it is.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:51 am

have to admit I didn't like the idea of us being in for him at €160 million when first reported a few weeks ago. I would have preferred the Sanchez option.
Now with the Neymar deal blowing the bloody doors off the van, so to speak, I say go for it.

However what's the opinion of how realistic our chances are. Will we get one or the other, both or none.

I'm still putting my money on Sanchez to us, just because I think Wenger is a windbag. It will come down to who blinks first between Monaco/arsenal/City/Mbappe though.

I'd be happy enough as things stand now, if that's what happens.
Maybe stick Nmecha on the bench ? If needs be.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby sheblue » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:09 am

Still think Mbappe will end up at Real Madrid. I can not see us stumping up that amount for him, lord fuck he's only a child. He is good, but its risky at that age. It makes GJ an absolute steal... bargain of the century stuff.
Love to see Sanchez running down his contract but Wenger is full of shit and they will sell.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:03 pm

sheblue wrote:Still think Mbappe will end up at Real Madrid. I can not see us stumping up that amount for him, lord fuck he's only a child. He is good, but its risky at that age. It makes GJ an absolute steal... bargain of the century stuff.
Love to see Sanchez running down his contract but Wenger is full of shit and they will sell.

it looks like it's not PSG today at least

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bluelondon » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:18 pm

Brilliant player at such a young age go get blues
Bluelondon
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: David silva

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:34 pm

sheblue wrote:Still think Mbappe will end up at Real Madrid. I can not see us stumping up that amount for him, lord fuck he's only a child. He is good, but its risky at that age. It makes GJ an absolute steal... bargain of the century stuff.

Who will RM sell to make this happen?

Not only do they have the front three, but Isco has been playing very well.

Everyone talks about selling Bale, but I'm surprised it's not Benzema we hear more about.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum