Kylian Mbappé

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kylian Mbappé

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:20 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:How people even bother to compare him to Sanchez. I mean Sanchez is a very good player no doubt but Mbappe is genuine generational talent. I haven't seen 18 year old that good since certain Lionel Messi came through at Barcelona. Absolutely mindblowingly talented. Lot can happen but my prediction is that where ever he ends up he will be the best player on the planet in four five years. This shouldn't be treated like " what we have left on transfer kitty this year" but rather investment. We'd make three times the transfer fee back on shirt sales alone in next ten years. Will be like fucking Messi with every kid from Tibet to Timbuktu having his shirt. Imagine what that will do to our global marketing project. By that time Sanchez will be well into his mangerial career.

I get everything you're saying and agree the kid is special. I'm trying to look beyond the fee banded about by thinking he could be with us for 14 years and wondering how much we would spend on other strikers during that period if we missed out on him. That is of course he doesn't burn out or suffer bad injuries.

The thought of us spending that sort of cash on one player just scares the shit out of me, it could be stratospheric signing or it could go typically City....

Whoever signs him, in theory is getting the best of a generation as you say, could that really be us?

Problem is, I can only now see 'City snubbed' by such a player.

This one is making my head hurt, either way I want know in the next 24 hours, I was probably more patient over Walker and Mendy than others in that I was confident we'd get our men

A real conundrum this one...
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby City64 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:37 pm

https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/8 ... 6092076032

Very interesting if true , usually pretty reliable this guy .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:45 pm

Aren't we facing a transfer ban? When teams have in the past they tend to hit the market hard right before, and I think NQDP has it right, this guy is a talent no question.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:02 pm

Slim wrote:Aren't we facing a transfer ban? When teams have in the past they tend to hit the market hard right before, and I think NQDP has it right, this guy is a talent no question.

kinell Slim, this guy is 34 years of age at least.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Tru_Blu » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:29 pm

This is pissing me right the F off. If he comes surely means KUN is out the FKIN door.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:47 pm

A quick look on BM and I see the page tally going up by the minute.
Over 400 pages now. Reckon they'll be well over 500 by the morning.

That's inflation.

Not my money but it has gone ridiculous if anyone pays €160m for a kid. A good one mind.

If we do land him, the hatred in the media will reach levels never seen before.

I just wish all this bullshit would end and the football would start again. I'm only interested in what we actually produce on the park at the end of the day.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:54 pm

If we sign him i fully expect one if Aguero, Sane, or Sterling to be sold next summer
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:02 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
I just wish all this bullshit would end and the football would start again. I'm only interested in what we actually produce on the park at the end of the day.

Amen to that IWT
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:10 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Amen to that IWT

And as it should be. Look at the squad and work out where you think we should finish, good and bad.
Mbappe maybe a pipedream but him coming to us stops him going elsewhere, and Sergio (the fucking hero) won't last forever.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:54 am

This feels like a window in which the powers that be at the club have decided that we're making the move fully into the spotlight. Could be decisive for us as a club.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:26 am

Mystifies me why people think 2 strikers is enough to win 4 trophies. And that if another striker is signed it's "oh no Kun will be out"!

Not sure if it's closer to Mirror journalism or the junior school playground.

On another note it's perfectly possible that City and Monaco are in cahoots to make Real pay as much as possible!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:39 am

john@staustell wrote:Mystifies me why people think 2 strikers is enough to win 4 trophies. And that if another striker is signed it's "oh no Kun will be out"!

On another note it's perfectly possible that City and Monaco are in cahoots to make Real pay as much as possible!

Signing Mbappe would have nothing to do with Aguero. I absolutely adore Kun, as everyone does, but he is 29 and has received ridiculous amount of kicking throughout his career. Despite what people might think those kicks slowly but surely add up. And he wants ends his career in Argentine or possibly in Spain with his bezzie mate Leo M. I give him two years max at the club regardless of who we sign or don't sign. Besides I really don't want it to turn sour between him and the club and/or fans. Nothing is more painfull to watch than former star striker losing that yard of pace and supporters starting the mur mur.

Mbappe on the other hand would basically be learning from Aguero. Think of young Henry and old Ian Wright. As scary as it is to think Mbappe is still good four five years from his prime. And he can play anywhere across the front three.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:09 am

john@staustell wrote:Mystifies me why people think 2 strikers is enough to win 4 trophies. And that if another striker is signed it's "oh no Kun will be out"!

I fully agree mate. In fact I would be willing to take a bet with someone that Aguero and Jesus will both be unavailable at the same time at some point of the year (for multiple games in a row). Two strikers who will be kicked 90mins per game and one of which who is injury prone anyway
Third striker is needed (and I hope that will not be Bony).

Oh, and no, KDB, Sterling etc are not good enough for to fill in. A striker is a striker and those lads are not strikers
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:10 am

If we were to be able to steal under the nose from Real, it would be a huge statement that we're one of the European power-houses now.
the sum is ridiculous and there's a big risk that you pay for potential that will never be fulfilled, but some players are just worth the risk.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby patrickblue » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:17 am

mr_nool wrote:If we were to be able to steal under the nose from Real, it would be a huge statement that we're one of the European power-houses now.
the sum is ridiculous and there's a big risk that you pay for potential that will never be fulfilled, but some players are just worth the risk.

TBH, I think it's an insane amount of money to even contemplate spending on an 18yo.
On the other hand, it's not my money.
And you're right, that would be a statement probably to end all statements.

It'd be worth it just for the media outrage.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby fangsanalsatan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:29 am

john@staustell wrote:On another note it's perfectly possible that City and Monaco are in cahoots to make Real pay as much as possible!

Don't think City is involved in any of that. I reckon our interest is legit, but Mbappé made up his mind a long time ago.

Player and selling club are just using our interest to squeeze a bit extra fee & wages out of Madrid. Pretty textbook.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:36 am

This is no more insane than paying £100m for Kaka 8 years ago or whatever it was. At least this one makes a bit more sense and is prob cheaper in reality!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:40 am

Dubciteh wrote:This is no more insane than paying £100m for Kaka 8 years ago or whatever it was. At least this one makes a bit more sense and is prob cheaper in reality!

True. What a crazy situation that was!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:56 am

Apparently we are not bidding and are being used to jack up the price.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wooders » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:57 am

sheblue wrote:Apparently we are not bidding and are being used to jack up the price.

There's so many conflicting reports - i am just gonna bury my head in the sand until it's over I think
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum