the day football died

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: the day football died

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:40 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
nottsblue wrote:One thing to potentially come out of this transfer is the way the transfers are actually done. Barcelona are reportedly demanding the full payment of the buyout clause to be paid in full in one instalment. This is not the way transfers are currently done. Most transfers have the fee paid over a number of years. I suspect this is a last ditch effort by Barca to try and scupper the deal in the hope PSG either haven't got that amount of cash or whether they think this is what will make PSG fall foul of FFP regulations.

If it does turn out that they have to pay the full fee up front I hope every club that is forced to sell to Barca, and let's be honest, that's how a lot of their transfer business is conducted, that all those clubs demand their full fees up front. Hopefully this will bite them in the ass in the future.

Transfers and buyouts are two different things. Transfers are paid over the course of the contract and buyouts are paid in full up front.

Is that true? You live and learn. Still, if I was a selling club to Barca, dippers with Coutinho for example, knowing they were loaded I'd ask for the full balance up front
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:41 pm

nottsblue wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:
nottsblue wrote:One thing to potentially come out of this transfer is the way the transfers are actually done. Barcelona are reportedly demanding the full payment of the buyout clause to be paid in full in one instalment. This is not the way transfers are currently done. Most transfers have the fee paid over a number of years. I suspect this is a last ditch effort by Barca to try and scupper the deal in the hope PSG either haven't got that amount of cash or whether they think this is what will make PSG fall foul of FFP regulations.

If it does turn out that they have to pay the full fee up front I hope every club that is forced to sell to Barca, and let's be honest, that's how a lot of their transfer business is conducted, that all those clubs demand their full fees up front. Hopefully this will bite them in the ass in the future.

Transfers and buyouts are two different things. Transfers are paid over the course of the contract and buyouts are paid in full up front.

Is that true? You live and learn. Still, if I was a selling club to Barca, dippers with Coutinho for example, knowing they were loaded I'd ask for the full balance up front

As in Neymar’s case, the buyout clause can also increase over the course of a contract.

After signing a new deal with Barca last year, Neymar’s initial buyout clause was 200 million euros, but grew to 222 from July 1st and would have risen to 250 million once had he entered a third year of the deal.

How can they be activated?

The biggest difference between Spanish buyout clauses and release clauses more common in other big leagues around the world is the manner in which they must be triggered.

Rather than the buying club merely paying the selling club the amount set by the contract, the player himself must buy himself out.

This is done by depositing the amount of the buyout clause with La Liga to release the player from his contract. La Liga then pass the money onto the selling club.

Normally this will require the buying club to pay the player the sum of the buyout clause up front.

Are there tax implications?

A huge change in how these transfers are taxed has resulted in a big increase in the number of deals being done by meeting buyout clauses.

Until 2016 the money advanced by the buying club to the player was subject to income tax, which could add up to 48 percent onto the price of the fee. It is now tax free.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2017/08/02/h ... uses-work/
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:41 pm

We were goin to pay 100m for kaka 9 years ago, it makes this sound like a good deal.

Im with edge we cant criticize any club for spending big, im all for it and i hope for nothing more than to see coutinho go to barca to wind the dippers up!

This moves actually great for us, it weakens barca but doesn't strengthen psg enough for us to be worried. In turn barca weaken our domestic rivals and all the spending heat from the press is on psg!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby gillie » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:25 pm

Well I think the only way to stop the out of control train that is the transfer system of football is by adopting a NFL draft system at under 20 academy level.Eventually the transfer system would die a natural death.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:39 pm

What I like about this deal is it's Barca that's been
Fucked over ( if you can call 220mil being fucked over ) But it's hurting them and ,I like that . Dirty cheating think the world owes em set of twats , fuck em
Now I hope they go and fuck the other Cunts who think the world owes em summit by getting
Cunthinio
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby freshie » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:36 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
edge275 wrote:Some hypocrits in regards to this Neymar transfer. Football has NEVER been fair.

There is corruption, dodgy pay outs, tax avoidance, clubs being owned by incredibly rich owners, unfair locations as to where each club resides and a crazy amount of money involved across the board.

There's no issue when we spend £50 million on Kyle Walker by our ludicrously rich owner, but it's a travesty when £200 million is spent on Neymar by another ludicrously rich owner?

Are we ok when football is 'a bit unfair' ie when we have a transfer budget bigger than anybody's?

We have to accept that football is corrupt and unfair, and embrace it. You can't have morals when it suits.

You've caught me on a bad day edge, but what a load of bollox.
Why accept football is corrupt? Why embrace it? Why not just have morals, full stop?

If PSG want to spend 200 million on Neymar, let them. I'm with you on that.
But I'm also of the opinion that if City did it I'd be very upset, because I agree with NB. He's not worth it.

Spot on mate. We signed Jesus for a fraction of the price and I feel he will go on to be at least as good as if not better than Neymar. PSG are desperate to break into the elite which is why they're spending ridiculous amounts on Neymar. We have a different, more sustainable transfer policy where we buy younger players who are hungry and with the clear potential to be better than these big names

I'm loving our transfer policy. Spend money on young players who will get into our first team and watch them develop under Pep into world superstars. Just because we are loaded doesn't mean we have to blow money on players who are at the peak of their game. It stinks of the Real Madrid galactico policy. I'd much rather we find players who have the potential to be world beaters. Then we can show that we developed potential into world class players as this summer's transfer policy has shown
We have the money to buy Neymar and I'm sure most players would rather play in a better, more competitive league like the premier league than a 2 bit league like ligue un. Also there's no guarantee that Neymar will win them the Chumps league. He couldn't do it last season and that was in a team with Messi and Iniesta. In a few seasons mendy Jesus and Bernardo will be the ones to take us to the top

The PSG move for Neymar smacks of a club who are desperate to make a play amongst Europe's elite. We will dick on them
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:52 am

The transfer fee is the headline, deals this size are happening in American sport, just packaged in in a different way. Good luck to PSG and nice to see Klipperty crying as he knows what's coming and who is leaving , GREAT ! .
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum