Atmosphere, showsec and lack of action

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Atmosphere, showsec and lack of action

Postby Nick » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:18 am

chaser I quickly knocked up on my phone,

Im increasingly disappointed with the lack of response/engagement with fans on this key issue.

Thankfully my group, along with other members from our block have moved over a block on the east stand. This isn't preferable as our view is now worsened and we will suffer the elements, moving lower down, however this is a price we are willing to pay in the hope of avoiding the bullying and indimidation from your security contractors.

I'm.dissappointed that the club has chosen to avoid another summer of opportunity in building bridges with the fans and improving a dwindling atmosphere and 'match day experience', instead choosing to concentrate on the corporate setup around the glass tunnel, and further alienating fans in the Colin bell stand, and using increased revenues to break more transfer records.

Given the meaningful voting of Liverpool FC for safe standing, I would expect the club to be looking at more behind the scenes, considering the faux arguement showsec and the club hide behind is H and S.

The club is rapidly losing its identity, and as mentioned will suffer the embarrassment of half empty stadiums on non 'big ticket' matches.

Look forward to your response,
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Re: Atmosphere, showsec and lack of action

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:53 pm

Fucking pies are too expensive and the beer is shit, club is fucked !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nick » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:02 pm

Mate, how is the garbage atmosphere, bullying and persistent targeted of elderly fans and a half empty stadium trivial issues? Assume your not arsed and sit down in silence all game.

Trying to get the club to direct mass resources to address a massive problem (raised by others on here) is hardly moaning is it?

More and more fans are getting pissed off and are stopping going, perhaps you don't give a shit if your block is replaced by United fans who can't name the team?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:44 pm

Nick wrote:Mate, how is the garbage atmosphere, bullying and persistent targeted of elderly fans and a half empty stadium trivial issues? Assume your not arsed and sit down in silence all game.

Trying to get the club to direct mass resources to address a massive problem (raised by others on here) is hardly moaning is it?

More and more fans are getting pissed off and are stopping going, perhaps you don't give a shit if your block is replaced by United fans who can't name the team?

Calm down it wasn't a dig in any shape or form just stating the pies are fucking expensive and the beer shit !

Stewards are fantastic in 121 and look after us drunken noisy fuckers proper style , no showsec rent a knobs to be seen apart from big CL nights and they stay pitch side . Official City stewards hate the showsec cunts for your information ........ oh and I never said you were moaning and I do give a fucking shit !

As you were .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby pepsi_dave » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:48 pm

Can I just ask what you are hoping to achieve by posting this on here and on BM?

To be honest mate, I can sense your frustration at something, but if that truly was your response, I'd expect the club to file it in junk. There is honestly no meaningful argument in there at all.

You stated that there was no engagement with fans on "This key issue" yet you haven't actually detailed what the issue is, let alone it being a "Key" issue.

You moved seat to avoid the "Bullying and Intimidation" from security contractors. I presume the club have advised you that there are no bullies working for said contractors in this area of the stadium? And rather than address the issue with the club, you've taken the decision to move seat to seat with a poorer view?

If you seriously think that the corporate aspect of the games is the reason for poor atmosphere then give your head a wobble. Whilst there are issues with the allocation of away tickets that gets offered to corporate partners which does have an affect on the atmosphere away fans generate, the same can't be said about the home matches.

The atmosphere, IMO, seems to be affected by the weather, time of kick off, day of the match, the opposition, the importance of the game at that time, and the competition we are playing in. I also think that the 93:20 moment has taken the sting out of a lot of the atmosphere. I go to every game knowing that the greatest moment ever witnessed in modern football is unlikely to be surpassed. Knowing that no matter how long I watch City for, I know that nothing will ever better that moment, ever. I think that is the main reason for the malaise that is sometimes noticed amongst our support.

In contrast to that though, CL games attract a large number tourists, and yes typically the atmosphere is worse, but the PSG, Barcelona and Monaco matches have been some of the best atmospheres that I can remember either at Maine Road, or at the Etihad. I also, after noting one of your points on BM, don't understand why you care one jot why other fans "worldwide" mock our poor support. Personally when I'm at the games, I don't give a flying fuck if there are empty seats, I don't give a flying fuck if the atmosphere isn't electric every game. As long as I am the game, I couldn't give a toss what anyone else watching on TV anywhere in the world actually thinks, or whether there are few empty seats dotted about the place. I care about the match and about supporting the players and that's it!

The clubs decision to inconvenience fans midway through the season to accommodate the tunnel club was wrong, but it is what it is, and again, a small number of fans alienated will not have an adverse affect on the atmosphere. I didn't agree with it, it affected me and my usual "ritual" both before the game and at half time, but it didn't affect my attitude towards the players who I support whilst they're playing for the club I love.

Honestly, I'm staggered that you even used the sentence "Using increased revenues to break more transfer records" as part of your complaint. Firstly, what records have we broken? Until yesterday, the record transfer was Paul Pogba for £89M(sic). Even if we were to break transfer records, why would this be a bad thing?

How do you know the club aren't looking into safe standing behind the scenes?

Lastly get a grip man for fucks sake!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:13 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:Can I just ask what you are hoping to achieve by posting this on here and on BM?

To be honest mate, I can sense your frustration at something, but if that truly was your response, I'd expect the club to file it in junk. There is honestly no meaningful argument in there at all.

You stated that there was no engagement with fans on "This key issue" yet you haven't actually detailed what the issue is, let alone it being a "Key" issue.

You moved seat to avoid the "Bullying and Intimidation" from security contractors. I presume the club have advised you that there are no bullies working for said contractors in this area of the stadium? And rather than address the issue with the club, you've taken the decision to move seat to seat with a poorer view?

If you seriously think that the corporate aspect of the games is the reason for poor atmosphere then give your head a wobble. Whilst there are issues with the allocation of away tickets that gets offered to corporate partners which does have an affect on the atmosphere away fans generate, the same can't be said about the home matches.

The atmosphere, IMO, seems to be affected by the weather, time of kick off, day of the match, the opposition, the importance of the game at that time, and the competition we are playing in. I also think that the 93:20 moment has taken the sting out of a lot of the atmosphere. I go to every game knowing that the greatest moment ever witnessed in modern football is unlikely to be surpassed. Knowing that no matter how long I watch City for, I know that nothing will ever better that moment, ever. I think that is the main reason for the malaise that is sometimes noticed amongst our support.

In contrast to that though, CL games attract a large number tourists, and yes typically the atmosphere is worse, but the PSG, Barcelona and Monaco matches have been some of the best atmospheres that I can remember either at Maine Road, or at the Etihad. I also, after noting one of your points on BM, don't understand why you care one jot why other fans "worldwide" mock our poor support. Personally when I'm at the games, I don't give a flying fuck if there are empty seats, I don't give a flying fuck if the atmosphere isn't electric every game. As long as I am the game, I couldn't give a toss what anyone else watching on TV anywhere in the world actually thinks, or whether there are few empty seats dotted about the place. I care about the match and about supporting the players and that's it!

The clubs decision to inconvenience fans midway through the season to accommodate the tunnel club was wrong, but it is what it is, and again, a small number of fans alienated will not have an adverse affect on the atmosphere. I didn't agree with it, it affected me and my usual "ritual" both before the game and at half time, but it didn't affect my attitude towards the players who I support whilst they're playing for the club I love.

Honestly, I'm staggered that you even used the sentence "Using increased revenues to break more transfer records" as part of your complaint. Firstly, what records have we broken? Until yesterday, the record transfer was Paul Pogba for £89M(sic). Even if we were to break transfer records, why would this be a bad thing?

How do you know the club aren't looking into safe standing behind the scenes?

Lastly get a grip man for fucks sake!

Great post pal , articulate passionate and right to the point .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Bluelondon » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:26 pm

True
Bluelondon
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: David silva

Postby mr_nool » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Bluelondon wrote:True

With succinct posts like that, you'll reach that 100 mark in no time.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:37 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Could be a fan of Spandau Ballet
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:55 pm

nottsblue wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

gold! :lol:
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

He just wanted to cut a long story short.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:37 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

He just wanted to cut a long story short.

Probably found it hard to write the next line...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:40 am

nottsblue wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Through the 100 post barricade then.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Return to The Maine Football forum