Ben Gibson

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ben Gibson

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:38 pm

Two Bens? Seems time to revive a couple of posts from the Rumours thread and give him one of his own
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
PeterParker wrote:We are linked with Ben Gibson from Boro.

Anyone watched him? Is he any good?

he's left footed for a start, Boro are good defensively and it may be be down in large part to him - there are a few other reasonable players there including our very own Adam Clayton. Chambers and Ayala are no great shakes but George Friend is a useful left back.

He's playing centre-back but can also play left back and although he's not yet 25, he's the captain of the side

As JC has stated, 'Boro are good defensively and they never seem to fall apart and get thrashed by a cricket score. If you look at their results in the League this season, I think they've not conceded more than three goals in a game and have only done that on a couple of occasions (one of these was at home to Liverpool 0-3 and the other was away to Everton 1-3) plus, they try to press and win the ball back higher up the pitch, which will appeal to Pep.

He just seems a decent, solid defender rather than an out and out ball playing centre back which, nonetheless, might well suit us better than the latter type, given our current defensive concerns.

Could be a good buy, always depending on the price.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Ben Gibson

Postby sheblue » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:55 pm

If we're persisting with 3 at the back for most games, we will need another who can slot into that 3.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Return to The Maine Football forum