Season predictor

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How many, if any trophies will City win this season?

League Cup
8%
League
29%
FA Cup
17%
Chumps League
10%
0 trophies
3%
1 trophy
4%
2 trophies
17%
The treble
6%
The quaddy, we are invincible!
5%

Total votes : 150

Season predictor

Postby dazby » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:35 am

Any other big calls you care to make?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Re: Season predictor

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:37 am

We're winning the league with a week to spare. Fuck being nice this season!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby City64 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:11 pm

I have been saying for a few weeks now this season has the feel of 2011/12 all over again , would be absolutely unbelievable if we could have another season like that and playing the way we did then ! Also we have gone back to the lucky retro colours sky blue and purple ........ luvin it fucking luvin it !!!
Another league title would be the best feeling and seasons enjoyment by a mile for me plus maybe the league cup ? Impossible to succeed on all fronts the PL season and sheer volume of games through out all competitions sees to that .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:01 pm

I'm the ultra pessimist that's voted for a zero return.

Don't get me wrong, I think we are going to play some amazing attacking football, the like of which has not been seen in this country since the great City side of the late sixties.

However, if Ederson is now our No 1, then Bravo will probably be used in all our Cup campaigns which, if this is the case, is bound to end in tears; so that only leaves the League.

Last season's League campaign especially was characterised by referee ruination for us, on a level quite unsurpassed even by comparison with previous seasons and, on that basis, I can only see it continuing in the same disgusting and corrupt way, only worse. We may be in the running for the title but, at the end of the day, by hook or by crook we'll be prevented from winning it.

Just hope that I'm ridiculously wrong and all these fears are totally groundless.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:32 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:I'm the ultra pessimist that's voted for a zero return.

Don't get me wrong, I think we are going to play some amazing attacking football, the like of which has not been seen in this country since the great City side of the late sixties.

However, if Ederson is now our No 1, then Bravo will probably be used in all our Cup campaigns which, if this is the case, is bound to end in tears; so that only leaves the League.

Last season's League campaign especially was characterised by referee ruination for us, on a level quite unsurpassed even by comparison with previous seasons and, on that basis, I can only see it continuing in the same disgusting and corrupt way, only worse. We may be in the running for the title but, at the end of the day, by hook or by crook we'll be prevented from winning it.

Just hope that I'm ridiculously wrong and all these fears are totally groundless.

A lot of truth in there MC. I'm with you regarding the cups. I myself have gone for us to win the PL. But i can just as easily see the scenario re referees you have painted. If we do win anything we will have done it the hard way
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:46 pm

I've countered your doom and gloom with the quadruple.
I'm usually the pessimist, but I've decided to try some positive vibes.
Mind you, I'll be there with the rest of doom and gloom merchants when we get stuffed at Brighton.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:00 pm

patrickblue wrote:

I've countered your doom and gloom with the quadruple.
I'm usually the pessimist, but I've decided to try some positive vibes.
Mind you, I'll be there with the rest of doom and gloom merchants when we get stuffed at Brighton.

Thanks PB.

If we achieve a half-way point between four trophies and zilch, I'll be over the moon this season, irrespective of what those two trophies were (even if they were 'only' the League Cup and the FA Cup :shock: :shock: )
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:34 pm

I've gone for the classic double, League and FA Cup, about time we did that.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:55 pm

Let's see now . Rags away in the third round of the cup, jose parks the bus, Bravo not called upon . City win 1-0.

Scousepool away in the fourth round of the cup, klipperty parks the bus Bravo not called upon . City win 1-0.
Chelsea away in the fifth round of the cup, caretaker manager parks the bus Bravo not called upon . City win 1-0.

Burnley at home in the sixth round of the cup, Bravo fcuks up . City win 3-1.

Quarters
Everton away in the cup, Koeman parks the Caravan on the right and the dutchie on the left hand side - difficult to pass by... Bravo not called upon . City win 1-0.

Semi
Arse away on a sunday night again in the cup at Wembley - Bravo injured , Whinger parks the bus moans about his run of bad luck ,Bravo not only not called upon, not even on the bench . City win 1-0.

o
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:45 pm

zuricity wrote:

Let's see now . Rags away in the third round of the cup, jose parks the bus, Bravo not called upon . City win 1-0.

Scousepool away in the fourth round of the cup, klipperty parks the bus Bravo not called upon . City win 1-0.
Chelsea away in the fifth round of the cup, caretaker manager parks the bus Bravo not called upon . City win 1-0.

Quarters
Everton away in the cup, Koeman parks the Caravan on the right and the dutchie on the left hand side - difficult to pass by... Bravo not called upon . City win 1-0.

Semi
Arse away on a sunday night again in the cup at Wembley - Bravo injured , Whinger parks the bus moans about his run of bad luck ,Bravo not only not called upon, not even on the bench . City win 1-0.

o

Have they got it in for us that much we have an extra round than normal!
nottsblue

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:44 pm

zuricity wrote:

Quarters

Semi

o

That's brilliant ZC.

Quick, give up the day job and start to write fiction novels for a living.

You'll be more successful than JK Rowling. ;)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zuricity » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:49 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Quarters

Semi

o

That's brilliant ZC.

Quick, give up the day job and start to write fiction novels for a living.

You'll be more successful than JK Rowling. ;)

i actually used to tell stories !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:11 pm

Growing in confidence that we can win the league.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:16 pm

PL and one other.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:21 pm

Think we may hit 100 PL goals again.
nottsblue

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:28 pm

When I think with my heart I think we'll win the league but when I think with my brain I can see us throwing the league away for a go at the CL...where we will come short as well.

I'm afraid we'll end up with zero trophies again.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:07 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:When I think with my heart I think we'll win the league but when I think with my brain I can see us throwing the league away for a go at the CL...where we will come short as well.

Get where you're coming from, may be pre season nerves (dare I use the word 'typical')?

That said and I know this will erk plenty, as long as I'm on the edge of my seat for the majority of the game watching breath taking attacks, I will be happy.

No more clichy panicking once over the halfway line and passing back. Less losing cheaply in the final third resulting in being caught out on the counter (pants down stylie).

I know it's earlier days, we've not seen Mendy, Bernardo (in earnest) or ilkay yet, but Danilo has shown signs of being able to deliver a decent ball to middle of the box from both left and right!

Sane showing he is willing to get back amongst others.

I don't want to predict anything just yet, but we appear to have made some great signings and the core squad looks even better than last season.

I feel a lot more positive than I did a year ago, we did great in the first 10 games last time out which will be the media's bench mark.

Sorry, I've had a few so hopefully what I've typed makes sense.

In short, typical city still lives on (in my mind) full of optimism for this season, excepting outside influences :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:36 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:When I think with my heart I think we'll win the league but when I think with my brain I can see us throwing the league away for a go at the CL...where we will come short as well.

Get where you're coming from, may be pre season nerves (dare I use the word 'typical')?

That said and I know this will erk plenty, as long as I'm on the edge of my seat for the majority of the game watching breath taking attacks, I will be happy.

No more clichy panicking once over the halfway line and passing back. Less losing cheaply in the final third resulting in being caught out on the counter (pants down stylie).

I know it's earlier days, we've not seen Mendy, Bernardo (in earnest) or ilkay yet, but Danilo has shown signs of being able to deliver a decent ball to middle of the box from both left and right!

Sane showing he is willing to get back amongst others.

I don't want to predict anything just yet, but we appear to have made some great signings and the core squad looks even better than last season.

I feel a lot more positive than I did a year ago, we did great in the first 10 games last time out which will be the media's bench mark.

Sorry, I've had a few so hopefully what I've typed makes sense.

In short, typical city still lives on (in my mind) full of optimism for this season, excepting outside influences :lol:

Terrific post CTID, encapsulating just about all I feel myself especially about the gripping, attacking, imaginative football which I'm hoping we can play.

If we can leave fans of other teams watching how we perform, with mouths wide open and absolute envy at the goals and attacks we are able to mount, then I'll be happy. If we play like that and trophies come our way then that'll be wonderful. If we play like that and just miss out, then so be it and congratulations to those who do collar the silverware.

If we play like that and are 'prevented' from winning our just rewards, however, then that's another matter altogether..........

At the end of the day, I want us to be the most stylish, adventurous, expansive, attacking team in Europe and play football properly with verve and flair; the way it should be played.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby phips » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:42 am

heard something on a podcast today: since his Porto days Mourinho has won the league by the end of his 2nd season at his club.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby dazby » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:11 am

Sometimes phips I think you want people to pick on you.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum