Predictions Lawro & DC Week 1 (Brighton)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Predictions Lawro & DC Week 1 (Brighton)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:46 pm

Lawros opponents for the opening round of Premier League fixtures are BBC athletics commentators Brendan Foster and Steve Cram.

Foster, who supports Newcastle, and Sunderland fan Cram saw their teams swap divisions last season, with the Magpies promoted back to the Premier League at the same time as the Black Cats went down.
"It's great to have my team Newcastle back in the Premier League," said Foster. "Particularly - and he is standing next to me laughing as I say this - because Steve's team are not in the Premier League any more. So that is good news."
Cram is not confident Sunderland will bounce straight back to the top flight either, adding: "I have got friends who are a bit worried that we are going to go straight down again.
"It is not going to be easy and I would be amazed if we won promotion this season. I am always hopeful and always look on the positive side... but I don't sound confident, do I?

Lawro says

It is absolutely fantastic to see my old team Brighton back in the Premier League, although they start with a very difficult game.

What happens here will be absolutely no indication of what will happen to the Seagulls this season - that will come when they play the teams that I think will be down in the bottom six. I played for Brighton the last time they played their first game back in the top flight - in the old Division One at their former home, the Goldstone Ground, in 1979.

We lost 4-0, but we finished 16th [out of 22] and stayed up.

Manchester City look really strong and they are my tip for the title.

Their summer signings have improved the team and I don't think Pep Guardiola has stopped spending yet.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Cram's prediction: 1-3

Foster's prediction: 2-1

Merson says

This is a nightmare start for Brighton, a nightmare start. I fancy Manchester City to win the league, they look irresistible on the attack and playing against a Brighton side in front of an expectant home crowd, the Seagulls will have to have a go, playing into City's hands.

Chris Hughton's men have to fight fire with fire and really test City's new-look defence to have any chance of getting a result. If they don't then I can only see one winner.

PAUL PREDICTS: 0-4 (12/1 with Sky Bet)

I predict that Merson will be room mates with Gazza before the end of this season, idiotic bumbling buffoon that he is.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Predictions Lawro & DC Week 1 (Brighton)

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:27 pm

Now we have a Lawro 2-0, it seems like the season is really starting.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Predictions Lawro & DC Week 1 (Brighton)

Postby nottsblue » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:57 pm

2-0 Lawro. Some things don't change do they?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Return to The Maine Football forum