Pep making a point with 352?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep making a point with 352?

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:47 pm

Justified logic wrote:
PrezIke wrote:I know it's en vogue to be against the 352 now, but...

Sam Lee (also Gaz) on this week's BM podcast saying a lot of what I've been thinking and wrote in a few other threads about the 352:

A) City fans should not expect it to go away after 2 weeks

B) Being used to get the team to get accustomed to it over the course of the season as an alternative other than 433/4141 (including as some have suggested for CL)

C) Expect Sane to play at LWB again against Bournemouth because who else is going to play there? (Mendy likely to play, but not to start)

D) Is really using 3 defenders not 5, as it's meant to enhance the attack, not be more defensive, as they are in midfield, but also allows enough protection on the counter

If Sane gets back, yes. If he doesn't, then goal.

You are correct. I think it's Pep trying to get him to also learn how to play in the position which will take some time, , and not wanting to put him on the bench. Fortunately he's not 30 learning a position, he's 21.

Even during preseason when we used Danilo and Walker the 352 looked great, but Pep does not want to put Sane on the bench because of a tactical reason as he is too good to sit, where as in preseason it didn't matter as much. Problem is Sane did not look so comfortable in defence, and on the goal he was clearly poor in tracking back.

When Mendy returns he will likely be the easier choice, but Pep of course wants to see if he can pull a Lahm, Mascherano, or Kolarov with Sane.

We shall see.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum