Johnny Evans

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Johnny Evans

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:55 am

I dont want him to sign but if he does he goes in ahead of stones for the short term for me. Stonew doesnt look fit to me doesnt look like he is running at full pelt.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:55 am

Wonderwall wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
city72 wrote:It's been a bad week which seems to be getting worse, please city no Johnny fucking rag twat Evans..

Should we throw out Brian Kidd too?

You'd rather play the Mangler eh? After the last few matches. Bilmey we could lose the league yet.

Would rather play Tosin. Give the lad a run of games to show he can play at this level. I think he can do it and should be ahead of Mangala.

I admire the sentiment (no, I do), but at this part of the season one slip and we are out of any of 3 cups. Sometimes I think it's only me wants to win. There is a swell of opinion who would rather we lose but stick to certain dogmas.

But yes he should be ahead of Mangala after recent debacles.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:04 am

The defensive record with Mangler in the team stands comparison to when he isn't. Stones has dropped more bollocks since he returned to the side than Mangala has
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:19 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:The defensive record with Mangler in the team stands comparison to when he isn't. Stones has dropped more bollocks since he returned to the side than Mangala has

Agreed. I was actually pining for mangala watching stones on sunday.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby city72 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:26 am

john@staustell wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
city72 wrote:It's been a bad week which seems to be getting worse, please city no Johnny fucking rag twat Evans..

You'd rather play the Mangler eh? After the last few matches. Bilmey we could lose the league yet.

Would rather play Tosin. Give the lad a run of games to show he can play at this level. I think he can do it and should be ahead of Mangala.

I admire the sentiment (no, I do), but at this part of the season one slip and we are out of any of 3 cups. Sometimes I think it's only me wants to win. There is a swell of opinion who would rather we lose but stick to certain dogmas.

Wtf of course I want city to win but really £30 mil for a player 3 years ago man ure couldn't wait to get rid of in his prime 27 for a spunky £6 mil. How has is valued x5 times and 3 years older?
I just don't get this one.
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby Chinners » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:34 am

city72 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Wtf of course I want city to win but really £30 mil for a player 3 years ago man ure couldn't wait to get rid of in his prime 27 for a spunky £6 mil. How has is valued x5 times and 3 years older?
I just don't get this one.

Its the current marketplace ... Mangala's price, for instance, has decrease x 5 since we shelled out £42mil for him
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:01 pm

I know this isn't exactly a popular opinion, although I have heard and read some of our fans also think the same, but this will be a good signing for us right now.

Over Mangala every day at this point, and if Stones or Otamendi don't keep their form up or are injured Pep (nor quite a few of our fans) will not feel so worried about their backup getting game time.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:49 pm

Can JFE cover left back? Not sure I've seen him do that.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:53 pm

Tosin rather than Tosser any day of the week. This muppet is a downgrade on Mangala all things considered.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby City64 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:21 pm

Squad player and cover .
Last edited by City64 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:58 pm

Chopper wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Could Pep get the best out of Balo.....

He's the only coach on the planet who could.
Loan until June I say.

June of what year though?

Last.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby edge275 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:03 pm

john@staustell wrote:

I actually think we should throw out Brian Kidd and get Maradona in to replace him once Aguero is sold in the summer.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby simplytolmie » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:22 pm

He’s better than Mangala but you can’t help but think in the light of Delph getting injured it’s more important for us to buy someone who’s a centre back that can play left back. Like a Boateng (although that won’t happen).

Evans would be OK no frills and won’t be arsed when everyone is fit and he’s not playing.

We do need cover at centre back and left back though.
simplytolmie
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Chinners » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:28 pm

edge275 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

I actually think we should throw out Brian Kidd and get Maradona in to replace him once Aguero is sold in the summer.

I reckon it might be better holding onto Kidd at the moment as he could provide some cover at left back. Maradona is never gonna come thou, you are just being silly with that one.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:32 am

edge275 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Three times now and still no reaction. Things ain't what they used to be.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:04 am

I just want some fuckin players in and I'm not bothered if someone's mum used to wash for a scum players granny

Well, not since I grew up anyway.

If Pep wants someone it's good enough for me
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:25 am

Ben Mee is better than Mango and will be better than Evans, stop gap Evans, why are we after an ex rag ffs. :?:
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:44 am

Hazy2 wrote:Ben Mee is better than Mango and will be better than Evans, stop gap Evans, why are we after an ex rag ffs. :?:

Do you think so mate?

Mee does some good things, some not so good. I'd be worried he got some stick if he came into our team.

Gotta be better than Mangala though. I used to have some sympathy and patience for him. Expiry date has passed!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Chinners » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:40 am

john@staustell wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Ben Mee is better than Mango and will be better than Evans, stop gap Evans, why are we after an ex rag ffs. :?:

Do you think so mate?

Mee does some good things, some not so good. I'd be worried he got some stick if he came into our team.

Gotta be better than Mangala though. I used to have some sympathy and patience for him. Expiry date has passed!

Me too. He did well preseason and in most of his early games this season. I'm all for giving a player a second season as some need a whole season to get used to the league/country/language etc (otter is an example of this) but Mangala only had a brief happy spell and his price tag is now nothing short of a mugging in broad daylight
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:30 pm

Chinners wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Do you think so mate?

Me too. He did well preseason and in most of his early games this season. I'm all for giving a player a second season as some need a whole season to get used to the league/country/language etc (otter is an example of this) but Mangala only had a brief happy spell and his price tag is now nothing short of a mugging in broad daylight

Mangala was given a lot of time by me, especially seeing how he plays against the physical players, he is decent. Not may Drogbas around these days though. His performance against Bristol City was so poor that I gave up hoping for him. I can't see him being here at the start of next season (hopefully).
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum