Johnny Evans

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Johnny Evans

Postby sheblue » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:50 pm

Gentlemen, bob lost the dressing room.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:52 pm

sheblue wrote:Gentlemen, bob lost the dressing room.

He lost the 4 or 5 players that were the ring leaders in the squad (or shithouses as I like to call them). Funny, they've all been moved on as well now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:53 pm

sheblue wrote:Gentlemen, bob lost the dressing room.

Perhaps I'm wrong but it just seems as though there was a lot going on that we'll never know about.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:55 pm

Bob,a great attacking manager? You must be joking. He did his best to cost us the title and we played some turgid stuff under him and his negative tactics. So glad when he went.
But this has already been done to death.
Having said that I'm not a Pep fan either. I suspect it's correct that he'll win nothing and be gone before the end of the season.
Hope I'm wrong.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Chinners » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:57 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I know Mancini would do better with these players than PeP has done so far - PePs football is mundane - its just fuckign criminal to not have any shots at goal for so long....1st half against Everton was fuckign mindboggling.,,,today 20 mins nothing ..and even then it was Otters shot from a fuckign corner.!!!

When you look at what players he has at his disposal its a fuckign a disgrace and I just dont get his methods........neither do some of the players !!!

Mancini was and is head and shoulders a better manager than PeP....................in an attacking way , so was Pellegrini ffs !!

If this continues , we just cannot win the prem and will not get anywhere in the CL....I just cannot see it.

Oh ...and Sergio is definately a second option for PeP and I fear a Sergio meltdown if hes on the bench more often than not.

Amen brother .... Amen
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby blues2win » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:41 pm

Have people forgotten the awful FA Cup Final against Wigan?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:12 pm

blues2win wrote:Have people forgotten the awful FA Cup Final against Wigan?

At least he got there. We did fuck all last season!

Edit: did Bob win the FA Cup in his first full season with us?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Clowncrete » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:11 am

Mase wrote:

We were robbed in the semis. We deserved to go to the final and could possibly have won it as well.

I think people are being a bit impatient. We are only 3 games into a season. The pass pass pass thing and no plan B people are complaining about were the exact same complaints people made about Mancini's last season.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby CrownPointBlue » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:23 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Bob,a great attacking manager? You must be joking. He did his best to cost us the title and we played some turgid stuff under him and his negative tactics. So glad when he went.
Having said that I'm not a Pep fan either. I suspect it's correct that he'll win nothing and be gone before the end of the season.
Hope I'm wrong.

YOU must have a very selective memory. Most of the football played under Bobby,once he got his players in,was superb.

He bought 3 iconic club legends,Yaya,Daveed,Kun,put bacon face in his place,pulled the banner down & changed our history & mentality.

Got it wrong with Mario,should've sold him earlier.

Bobby Manc - The man who restored our pride.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:45 am

Our owners restored our pride.

Mancini ( and I will always love him) was in the right place at the right time to pull the banner down.

Pep will take us to the next level. Have faith.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dimples » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:10 am

Bob delivered.
This season we find out if Pep delivers.
It is his team - no excuses.
One thing that Pep cannot control is corrupt decisions. 2 reds, etc... peno for the Rags plus offside goal skews judgement day.

Judgement day for me is end of season.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:15 am

Just watched the 6-1 at the swamp, the highlights of which were on sky this morning. Gone are the days when we put 6 past the rags, Arsenal, Spurs etc.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:17 am

South Stand Balti wrote:Just watched the 6-1 at the swamp, the highlights of which were on sky this morning. Gone are the days when we put 6 past the rags, Arsenal, Spurs etc.

Balderdash, if I may be so bold ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CrownPointBlue » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:19 am

ENIAM NAM wrote:Our owners restored our pride.

Mancini ( and I will always love him) was in the right place at the right time to pull the banner down.

Pep will take us to the next level. Have faith.

Since 1958.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:45 am

CrownPointBlue wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Bob,a great attacking manager? You must be joking. He did his best to cost us the title and we played some turgid stuff under him and his negative tactics. So glad when he went.
Hope I'm wrong.

YOU must have a very selective memory. Most of the football played under Bobby,once he got his players in,was superb.

He bought 3 iconic club legends,Yaya,Daveed,Kun,put bacon face in his place,pulled the banner down & changed our history & mentality.

Got it wrong with Mario,should've sold him earlier.

Bobby Manc - The man who restored our pride.

We played well for the first four months of the season and then turned to shit. Remember, when the title appeared to have gone at Arsenal that day?. It was another in a fairly long line of half arsed performances. I blame Bob for fucking up the Tevez situation. We got exactly what we deserved in Europe with his negative attitude when we managed three scabby points. I also remember him telling Lescott to get back at a corner as we were desperately trying to rescue the situation against Qpr. And I remember him going to arsenal when we needed a win to get CL. and setting out for a 0-0. Arsenal had Sol Campbell and Silvestre at centre half that day and we didn't even try and test them. (combined age of 106)
Negative tactics were his default setting.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:03 pm

Captain of WBA not in the squad today. Guess hes coming for 30m (wtf?)
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:08 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:We played well for the first four months of the season and then turned to shit. Remember, when the title appeared to have gone at Arsenal that day?. It was another in a fairly long line of half arsed performances. I blame Bob for fucking up the Tevez situation. We got exactly what we deserved in Europe with his negative attitude when we managed three scabby points. I also remember him telling Lescott to get back at a corner as we were desperately trying to rescue the situation against Qpr. And I remember him going to arsenal when we needed a win to get CL. and setting out for a 0-0. Arsenal had Sol Campbell and Silvestre at centre half that day and we didn't even try and test them. (combined age of 106)

He's not the only negative one, is he, to be fair.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:53 pm

Mase wrote:

It wasn't an awful cup final , we lost in extra -time .

can't really blame Bobby Manc for that
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PrezIke » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:40 pm

The chorus of over-nostalgia on here is deafening...

I liked Mancini, and always get the love in from our fans for him but he wore out his welcome, and was in over his head at this level.

His old school approach caters to the fans, but don't some realise that which is pretty much what he tried to exploit with the board to avoid being sacked even when the players turned against him?

Just like Balo, who I loved as well, we did the right thing to move on, and the sky blue tinted glasses view of history seems to lead some asking for something that would never work for us now. Why is he not managing at this level still? I ask this regularly but seems to not be answered.

To me there is to me a MASSIVE agenda against Pep that Mancini never received. An anti-intellectual/educated/bourgeoisie/Brexit-like attitude from a decent portion of certain (not all, of course) working class football types who didn't develop this kind of resentment towards City just yet since we hadn't won the league yet, nor established ourselves as we have now, nor brought in a style of football that if allowed to actually work (i.e. the refs don't allow for horrible fouls to go unpunished on our smallish attacking players) that we'd do much much better.

It's always easier to employ a traditional style of football in a league that effectively welcomes this, whist Pep is trying something new and some of us can't seem to allow for too much room for this to develop.

I respect and understand the love for Mancini, but I do think some of us get carried away as he used us to keep his job even when it might not really been in the long term interests of the club. Is that the sign of someone we should love without any consideration for this? That's just my take.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:17 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:We played well for the first four months of the season and then turned to shit. Remember, when the title appeared to have gone at Arsenal that day?. It was another in a fairly long line of half arsed performances. I blame Bob for fucking up the Tevez situation. We got exactly what we deserved in Europe with his negative attitude when we managed three scabby points. I also remember him telling Lescott to get back at a corner as we were desperately trying to rescue the situation against Qpr. And I remember him going to arsenal when we needed a win to get CL. and setting out for a 0-0. Arsenal had Sol Campbell and Silvestre at centre half that day and we didn't even try and test them. (combined age of 106)

He's not the only negative one, is he, to be fair.

Noted.
Giving an opinion is a lot different to managing a football club, so I'm not sure what you're hoping to prove there.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum