Johnny Evans

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Johnny Evans

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:09 pm

Jonny on the verge according to the Mirror
£30m gulp

Dunnylad wrote:Back to Evans, an online summary of him as a player:-

Evans looked silky at times, substandard at others. He was a common denominator in many of the defensive disasters of Ferguson’s final few years – the 2010 defeat to League One Leeds United, the 4-0 loss at West Ham United, the League Cup embarrassment against Crystal Palace, the Europa League exit to Athletic Bilbao, the autumn of 2012 when they were strangers to clean sheets – and indeed was sent off in City’s 6-1 win at Old Trafford,when he was utterly unable to handle Mario Balotelli.

Apparently it's seven years to the day that Mario rocked up with us :P

nottsblue wrote:According to the Independent we have switched our sights to Ben Gibson of Boro

I'm told by a Boro fan that young Gibson is a not well regarded over there. Unsure why as he's done well on the few occasions I've watched him. Two left sided defenders both called Ben playing together might be confusing though.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:02 pm

Special shirt for the unconvinced
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:35 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Special shirt for the unconvinced

Time to put the bottle of whatever you're supping away..... What made you choose Merlin's number in your drunken chennagins?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:00 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

Time to put the bottle of whatever you're supping away..... What made you choose Merlin's number in your drunken chennagins?

swap deal. pulis has seen silva'a new haircut and thinks he's a defensive midfielder
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby patrickblue » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:07 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

swap deal. pulis has seen silva'a new haircut and thinks he's a defensive midfielder

Maybe that's why big Dave has gone for the shaved look, so he looks a bit hard, and doesn't get kicked up in the air so much.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby bigblue » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:32 am

johnny crossan wrote:Image

That picture will never fail to put a huge fuckin grim on my face :D :lol:

This one is quite nice as well:

bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:07 am

What I love about that bottom pic is Bobby is right in there as well, cracking skulls for his player.

No chance Pep would do that.

I miss Bob.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:24 am

CTID Hants wrote:

Sorry mate I robbed that pic off another site and didn't even notice it was Mago's shirt. He's my favourite player too :(
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CrownPointBlue » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:53 am

Mase wrote:What I love about that bottom pic is Bobby is right in there as well, cracking skulls for his player.

I miss Bob.

Put the vile,pants shitter,bacon faced govan piss can in his place in front of a record global audience.

" Not in my life time ".........AGUEROoooooooooooooooooooooBOOM

Took the banner down

BOBBY MANC - The Man Who Restored Our Pride. Forza Mancini - one of us !!
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:34 pm

Mase wrote:What I love about that bottom pic is Bobby is right in there as well, cracking skulls for his player.

I miss Bob.

I miss Bob as well Mase. Loved the guy and he seemed to have some regard for City, much more than Pep seems to do.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby mr_nool » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:44 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I miss Bob.

I miss Bob as well Mase. Loved the guy and he seemed to have some regard for City, much more than Pep seems to do.

He showed his class again this week. His Zenith went through to the Europa League after a very tough couple of games against lowly FC Utrecht (the second leg went to extra time). But he never made any excuses, instead he complemented Utrecht and said that he hoped that the teams they would play in the group stage wouldn't be as strong. Those comments meant a lot to both the team and its fans.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby branny » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:45 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I miss Bob.

I preferred watching us under Bob. He had a plan b. Peps seems to be take a winger off and put another winger on and for all our possession I always felt more confident we would score under Bob than I do with Pep.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby zabbadabbado » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:11 pm

branny wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I miss Bob.

I preferred watching us under Bob. He had a plan b. Peps seems to be take a winger off and put another winger on and for all our possession I always felt more confident we would score under Bob than I do with Pep.
Mancini gave me my best ever memories as a City fan. No one can take them away. And I know we will always have a place in Bobs Heart like he in ours.

In my opinion he never got the credit he fully deserved. He was deliberately undermined by the Spafia, they didn’t want him continuing to be successful it would have jeopardise Guardiola recruitment. This is why we never signed Hazrrad, or Van Persis and signed a load of second rate shite that put us back a couple of years.We would have won the League the following year with one or both of them.

The Spafia used the excuse it was Mancini or militant players in our squad when they sacked him. Where is Hart now ?,he was first out the door with Guardiola.

I hope Guardiola is successful, of course I do I am a City fan. However I am of the opinion Guardila is going to win fuck all. I have seen nothing last season, or this season so far to change my opinion. I simply don’t rate the man. Mancini built a decent side, he brought in players that evolved with us,Silva,Kompany,Aguero he then glued the team together with a few work Horses.Pellegrini even got to dine out at Mancini expense.

Guardiola simply goes out spending hundreds of millions and declaring himself a genius.He has done fuck all to deserve to be called such.Was successful with a Barcelona side with Messi in his prime,and players like Iniesta,Xavi etc.In the German one team League he won the League, did fuck all in Europe. Has come to us sand simply gone out trying to buy all the best players on the Planet.We look like what we are at the moment a side with 11 talented individuals, we don’t look like a team that will win the League.

Mancini achievement was epic. When he came to us we were starting our journey, he couldn’t Cherry pick the best players. He built a team. A very good team. I have yet to be entertained like I was under Bob.I don’t think Guardiola will emulate Mancini,I think Mancini is a better manager. My opinion.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:33 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
branny wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I miss Bob.

Mancini gave me my best ever memories as a City fan. No one can take them away. And I know we will always have a place in Bobs Heart like he in ours.

In my opinion he never got the credit he fully deserved. He was deliberately undermined by the Spafia, they didn’t want him continuing to be successful it would have jeopardise Guardiola recruitment. This is why we never signed Hazrrad, or Van Persis and signed a load of second rate shite that put us back a couple of years.We would have won the League the following year with one or both of them.

The Spafia used the excuse it was Mancini or militant players in our squad when they sacked him. Where is Hart now ?,he was first out the door with Guardiola.

I hope Guardiola is successful, of course I do I am a City fan. However I am of the opinion Guardila is going to win fuck all. I have seen nothing last season, or this season so far to change my opinion. I simply don’t rate the man. Mancini built a decent side, he brought in players that evolved with us,Silva,Kompany,Aguero he then glued the team together with a few work Horses.Pellegrini even got to dine out at Mancini expense.

Guardiola simply goes out spending hundreds of millions and declaring himself a genius.He has done fuck all to deserve to be called such.Was successful with a Barcelona side with Messi in his prime,and players like Iniesta,Xavi etc.In the German one team League he won the League, did fuck all in Europe. Has come to us sand simply gone out trying to buy all the best players on the Planet.We look like what we are at the moment a side with 11 talented individuals, we don’t look like a team that will win the League.

Mancini achievement was epic. When he came to us we were starting our journey, he couldn’t Cherry pick the best players. He built a team. A very good team. I have yet to be entertained like I was under Bob.I don’t think Guardiola will emulate Mancini,I think Mancini is a better manager. My opinion.

I would find it very hard to argue against any of that Zabba.

There might be one or two others on the forum who might feel the same.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:23 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:
branny wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I miss Bob.

Totally agree with Zaba. I'd even say Zaba is stating the obvious but many would disagree.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby patrickblue » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:47 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:
branny wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I miss Bob.

I certainly agree 100%.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:55 pm

I know Mancini would do better with these players than PeP has done so far - PePs football is mundane - its just fuckign criminal to not have any shots at goal for so long....1st half against Everton was fuckign mindboggling.,,,today 20 mins nothing ..and even then it was Otters shot from a fuckign corner.!!!

When you look at what players he has at his disposal its a fuckign a disgrace and I just dont get his methods........neither do some of the players !!!

Mancini was and is head and shoulders a better manager than PeP....................in an attacking way , so was Pellegrini ffs !!

If this continues , we just cannot win the prem and will not get anywhere in the CL....I just cannot see it.

Oh ...and Sergio is definately a second option for PeP and I fear a Sergio meltdown if hes on the bench more often than not.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:01 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I know Mancini would do better with these players than PeP has done so far - PePs football is mundane - its just fuckign criminal to not have any shots at goal for so long....1st half against Everton was fuckign mindboggling.,,,today 20 mins nothing ..and even then it was Otters shot from a fuckign corner.!!!

When you look at what players he has at his disposal its a fuckign a disgrace and I just dont get his methods........neither do some of the players !!!

Mancini was and is head and shoulders a better manager than PeP....................in an attacking way , so was Pellegrini ffs !!

If this continues , we just cannot win the prem and will not get anywhere in the CL....I just cannot see it.

Oh ...and Sergio is definately a second option for PeP and I fear a Sergio meltdown if hes on the bench more often than not.

Spot on
South Stand Balti

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:03 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I know Mancini would do better with these players than PeP has done so far - PePs football is mundane - its just fuckign criminal to not have any shots at goal for so long....1st half against Everton was fuckign mindboggling.,,,today 20 mins nothing ..and even then it was Otters shot from a fuckign corner.!!!

Spot on
South Stand Balti

Postby City64 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:26 pm

Bobby Manc a true City legend forever but has been and gone boys and girls , Pep is what he is and has the potential to take us to the ultimate summit , great to see him give upstart Bournemouth manager and assistant proper touchline shit today . Pep cares and wants to win big time , he is a different animal to what we are used to , this season promises so much for us lets just let him get on with it for now eh ? Massive win today against all the odds on and off the pitch yet again !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum