Johnny Evans

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Johnny Evans

Postby PeterParker » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:39 am

Is he good with the ball?

Joke aside, some Mangala or Otamendi is leaving? Or he is coming as a back up? So we will stick with Vinnie, Stones, those two, Tosin and Evans?

Weird one, to be fair, really weird. Squad player no doubt.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:39 am

aaron bond wrote:The story has disappeared from the Sky Sports app now. Hopefully there's no truth to it.

We already have enough hazards at the back with Otamendi and Stones. We don't need to add a third.

It will be replaced by news of our interest in O'Shea ;)
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:41 am

PeterParker wrote:Is he good with the ball?

Joke aside, some Mangala or Otamendi is leaving? Or he is coming as a back up? So we will stick with Vinnie, Stones, those two, Tosin and Evans?

Looks like Mangala is going to Inter in what is being termed as a "dry loan" ( no obligations attached). It sounds more like a dry bumming if you ask me.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PeterParker » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:44 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Is he good with the ball?

Looks like Mangala is going to Inter in what is being termed as a "dry loan" ( no obligations attached). It sounds more like a dry bumming if you ask me.

So we are letting Mangala go and we are bringing Johnny Evans.

I really wrote that phrase. Haha. Pepinho has his ways, I will give him that.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:39 am

Watch on youtube.com
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:18 am

I'm choosing to think of this as a kind of Lescott buy (with knobs on). A solid defender that I underestimated till he got here. (Of course, if he doesn't turn up he can return to being a rag cunt).
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:29 am

Dub City wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:I reckon this will go through for 20m, alot of news reports saying they will accept 20 and he has agreed personal terms already.

I think he is a decent player, good value and fits in with what we need and how we play.....but he's a rag so,,,,,

Thinking about it though, i dont remember any ex rags flopping(hughes aside) they have all done ok for us, in fact i reckon Terry cooke was the reason we got promoted in 99 he was that good for that half a season. Even Cole did well before fucking us over.

Ah come on Andy Morrison was the reason we got promoted in 99 !

Got yellow card for aggressive walking........................true story.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:33 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dub City wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:I reckon this will go through for 20m, alot of news reports saying they will accept 20 and he has agreed personal terms already.

I think he is a decent player, good value and fits in with what we need and how we play.....but he's a rag so,,,,,

Thinking about it though, i dont remember any ex rags flopping(hughes aside) they have all done ok for us, in fact i reckon Terry cooke was the reason we got promoted in 99 he was that good for that half a season. Even Cole did well before fucking us over.

That was Horlock, wasn't it?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:38 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dub City wrote:

Yes it was Horlock
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:38 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dub City wrote:

Yes, super Kev - it might have been believable for Morrison, but not for Horlock.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:46 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... city-want/

This is the opinion of a midlands hack who watches him every week.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:47 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dub City wrote:

Yes, super Kev - it might have been believable for Morrison, but not for Horlock.

Andy Morrison is the reason Stan Doggymore hates us, Gerard and Shearer hate us because we won the League and they never did...
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:48 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dub City wrote:

Im 99% sure it was our Morrison.....there again , I've got sporadic alzheimer's.

Edited - it was horlock and he was red carded.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:50 am

Carl, Shearer won the league with Blackburn.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:51 am

OK Buy the rag bastard give him to the Saints and 49, mill for VD. Sorted, We can then work on a song about how we got VD.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:51 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Carl, Shearer won the league with Blackburn.

Who is Blackburn ?

Thank fuck for google ))
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:54 am

Hazy2 wrote:OK Buy the rag bastard give him to the Saints and 49, mill for VD. Sorted, We can then work on a song about how we got VD.

VD sounds like a disease Lingard has.

”Mr. Lingard, we are sorry to tell you, but you have VD”.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:16 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Carl, Shearer won the league with Blackburn.

Who is Blackburn ?

Thank fuck for google ))

I stand here humiliated at my error, Cheers Carl.....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby phips » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:56 pm

Shay Given says it is "refreshing" to see his former club Manchester City show an interest in West Brom defender Jonny Evans.

City have had an £18m bid rejected by the Baggies as Pep Guardiola looks to recruit defensive cover before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.

Evans spent nine seasons with City's bitter rivals Manchester United earlier in his career but Given insists he isn't surprised Guardiola has attempted to sign the Northern Ireland international.

"It doesn't [surprise me] and it's quite refreshing that Man City are trying to buy a British or Irish player because we always see these foreign imports coming in who don't know the Premier League," Given said.

"Jonny Evans is a very experienced defender. He's won the Premier League three times at Man United - maybe that's why there was some question marks when Man City were interested.

"But this time last year, Arsenal were interested in him as well. So I think he's a quality defender, he knows the league, he's the captain now at West Brom, he's a leader at the back and I think he'll be a great addition."

City have spent heavily on their defence this summer - signing Kyle Walker, Benjamin Mendy and Danilo for a combined fee of over £120m.

However, with club captain Vincent Kompany continuing to struggle with injuries and John Stones and Eliaquim Mangala short on form, Given believes Evans would provide much-needed cover at the heart of the defence as City look to compete on four fronts this season.

"He's 29 years of age, and ready to go straight on the team," said Given, who made 69 appearances for City over the course of three seasons.

"Mangala was £30m, they're trying to loan him out at the minute. Otamendi was £30m plus. For me Vincent Kompany's the best defender at Manchester City, but he's had a few injury problems.

"And Pep Guardiola is probably looking at that situation thinking can Vincent play every Champions League, Premier League, cup game? The answer is probably no. So Jonny Evans would be a perfect replacement."
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10992358/west-broms-jonny-evans-would-be-perfect-at-man-city-says-shay-given
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:19 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dub City wrote:

Im 99% sure it was our Morrison.....there again , I've got sporadic alzheimer's.

Edited - it was horlock and he was red carded.

Andy Morrison went right up to Collymore's face and licked his nose. Looked like he was going to cry. Didn't know what to do. One of those awful Friday night games on ITV digital. If there was anyone in football not to fall out with, our Andy was the man.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum