*** City v Everton (21 Aug) official match thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** City v Everton (21 Aug) official match thread ***

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:12 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Mase wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:Also, it's a different game now. I honestly don't give a fuck about pep running to Rooney. It's not his rivalry and nor should it be.

It shouldn't be his rivalry? So he shouldn't buy in to the City fans? He shouldn't be part of this club?

How are we supposed to trust him as our manager when he's doing that?

Rooney's just celebrated to the City fans and we're supposed to accept Pep being best pals with him?

Massive overreaction mate.

How so? The guy has literally just humiliated our fans in our own stadium.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nick » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:13 pm

Mase wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:Also, it's a different game now. I honestly don't give a fuck about pep running to Rooney. It's not his rivalry and nor should it be.

It shouldn't be his rivalry? So he shouldn't buy in to the City fans? He shouldn't be part of this club?

Rooney's just celebrated to the City fans and we're supposed to accept Pep being best pals with him?

Why haven't you renewed cos we need more die hard with passion like me, you, Carl. It's dying. IL wait until pep has a go at the atmosphere if our poor home form continues.....

He wouldn't have done it in Spain with Ramos
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby dromoreblue » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:14 pm

Why does it always take us so long to get going. ?
dromoreblue
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:16 pm

Mase wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Mase wrote:

I'm not humiliated. I doubt most in the stadium were either.

It really doesn't matter mate.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:18 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Mase wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Mase wrote:

You doubt it yet everyone that's replied on this board has said they're annoyed at it....and it's ten times worse for the ones in the stadium that had to watch Shrek celebrate in front of them.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:20 pm

The more fans think it's normally, we'll end up with away fans sat alongside us, even more blatant bias decisions, Darren Fletcher for HG status...

Massive divide in fans IMo and the more "laissez-faire" are conceding too much and the hardcore aren't bothering.

Fuck football now - hate mid week nights
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:24 pm

Nick wrote:The more fans think it's normally, we'll end up with away fans sat alongside us, even more blatant bias decisions, Darren Fletcher for HG status...

Massive divide in fans IMo and the more "laissez-faire" are conceding too much and the hardcore aren't bothering.

Fuck football now - hate mid week nights

Agreed
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:25 pm

Mase wrote:
You doubt it yet everyone that's replied on this board has said they're annoyed at it....and it's ten times worse for the ones in the stadium that had to watch Shrek celebrate in front of them.

Annoyed and humiliated are two wildly different things.

Look man, here's how it is. Like it or not, Rooney played well. Granted, that was half our fault as I couldn't really understand why he was given so much room. But he played well, that Rooney tonight was a better player than the rags have seen for a few years. Pep is Pep, he loves football and respects the big players especially when they turn out a performance like that. This was obvious when he showed that love to the Bournemouth lad last season when he played well against us after he lost his kid.

That's Pep, that's what he does. It doesn't diminish his commitment to us, or what he does.

It isn't the game it used to be. Football as we grew up with is gone, has been for a long time. It's no longer local lads playing for their boyhood team, it's a glamorous sports industry where none of them grow up hating anyone else. For us growing up, it was more than just a game. Now, it really is just a game. Do you think aguero goes home and sleeps in a city duvet with pictures of Colin bell on the wall? It isn't like that anymore. The closest we have to all that is kompany and as much as he loves the club and fans, he doesn't have the blood that somebody like rosler has. It's all very different now and tbh I find it mental that people don't realise it's all been taken out of our hands and moved on, for better or worse, because we don't have a say in the matter anymore. That's modern football.

I know he let kolarov go but you need to calm down mate.
Last edited by KinkyKinkladze on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:28 pm

Flippin eck mate you've just compared Pep putting his arm around a lad that's lost his baby previously and that had a good game against us for Bournemouth to Pep laughing and joking with a rival player that is hated by every City across the globe.

Stop mate. You're a decent poster.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alfie » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:30 pm

Mase wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Mase wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Mase wrote:

Fokk sake. Why do we need this symbolism?
Alfie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:33 pm

I had no issues with Pep with Shrek as I didn't think it was meant like that. Pep ran around in circles and just ended up there. He looked as though he was totally bemused by what had happened in that game and it was a release, like a childish tantrum.

He's not daft, Shrek had just scored his 200th goal and he knew the cameras would all be on him. Although I'd have preferred a clobbering, I wouldn't want to be seen as a bitter fucker live on TV. Looked very forced.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:34 pm

Mase is right so stfu
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:36 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I had no issues with Pep with Shrek as I didn't think it was meant like that. Pep ran around in circles and just ended up there. He looked as though he was totally bemused by what had happened in that game and it was a release, like a childish tantrum.

He's not daft, Shrek had just scored his 200th goal and he knew the cameras would all be on him. Although I'd have preferred a clobbering, I wouldn't want to be seen as a bitter fucker live on TV. Looked very forced.

Do you think he'd have been better legging it after Sterling and congratulating him on the effort he's just put in for HIS team to get HIM out of the shit?

Listen, you look at Klopp and he's one eccentric bastard. Could you see him giving Rooney a reach around after he'd just scored against them?
Last edited by Mase on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Feed The Goat » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:38 pm

I'm on holiday and this has probably been said but after watching the replays edderson should've saved that and bravo would be hammered.for it. And walker was unlucky to be off

I'm guessing it's all been said just thought I'd out my point forward.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Alfie » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:39 pm

zuricity wrote:Mase is right so stfu

If it were in-game, yes.
Alfie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:39 pm

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I had no issues with Pep with Shrek as I didn't think it was meant like that. Pep ran around in circles and just ended up there. He looked as though he was totally bemused by what had happened in that game and it was a release, like a childish tantrum.

Do you think he'd have been better legging it after Sterling and congratulating him on the effort he's just put in for HIS team to get HIM out of the shit?

Yes, I do, but when I saw how he reacted it seemed to be in sarcasm rather than respect. Do you really think he ran around in circles just to get to Shrek? If so, why didn't he just make a beeline?

As always, just an opinion mate.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:41 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

Yes, I do, but when I saw how he reacted it seemed to be in sarcasm rather than respect. Do you really think he ran around in circles just to get to Shrek? If so, why didn't he just make a beeline?

As always, just an opinion mate.

Everyone's allowed an opinion mate. I just think what Pep did is in poor taste, especially whilst the passion is running high after just having the fat prick celebrate in front of our own fans.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:42 pm

Alfie wrote:
zuricity wrote:Mase is right so stfu

If it were in-game, yes.

i stand by it. Mase is right.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:45 pm

Cheating scouse cunts and we are soft as fuck not street wise shit train journey home . Fans in the groung were class fuck TV we are just too fucking soft as a team 2 points dropped sort it fucking out and Aguero looks slow as fuck ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:48 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:I'm on holiday and this has probably been said but after watching the replays edderson should've saved that and bravo would be hammered.for it. And walker was unlucky to be off

I'm guessing it's all been said just thought I'd out my point forward.

Bravo would not have been anywhere near the ball at least ederson got close. Already an improvement though it won't help us much
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum