Post match analysis.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Post match analysis.

Postby patrickblue » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:34 pm

There's a lot of good points in this thread, and a few not so good, but to me the problem is exactly the same as last year, shite finishing.
We're creating so many chances, you just think that it'll all click soon and we'll be away.
Been thinking that for over a season now.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:50 pm

patrickblue wrote:There's a lot of good points in this thread, and a few not so good, but to me the problem is exactly the same as last year, shite finishing.
We're creating so many chances, you just think that it'll all click soon and we'll be away.

We never really threatened their goal for the first 30 mins !!!!???? with the attacking players we have we should be attacking from the first fuckign minute............thats the problem....and its a huge problem that stops at the managers door.

Sane being on the pitch after the Gerona game ( he was slow and it showed..so he must have been tired )and Sterling not starting at all also stops at the managers door...swapping kompany over to the the left was a fuckup as well IMO.

So I don't agree ,its not just a case of missing some chances IMO..its a whole lot of other factors.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby CrownPointBlue » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:53 pm

Moan moan bitch bitch complain whinge.

It's like Blue Moon on here without the gestapo mods.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby mr_nool » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:03 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
patrickblue wrote:There's a lot of good points in this thread, and a few not so good, but to me the problem is exactly the same as last year, shite finishing.

We never really threatened their goal for the first 30 mins !!!!???? with the attacking players we have we should be attacking from the first fuckign minute............thats the problem....and its a huge problem that stops at the managers door.

Sane being on the pitch after the Gerona game ( he was slow and it showed..so he must have been tired )and Sterling not starting at all also stops at the managers door...swapping kompany over to the the left was a fuckup as well IMO.

So I don't agree ,its not just a case of missing some chances IMO..its a whole lot of other factors.

Don't agree with the criticism of moving Kompany to the left. Otamendi got done for pace a few times early on by that Lewin kid, so having them switch sides was a rational move, which also helped Sané out with his defensive duties.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:03 pm

CrownPointBlue wrote:Moan moan bitch bitch complain whinge.

Why don't you fuck off then.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:12 pm

mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Don't agree with the criticism of moving Kompany to the left. Otamendi got done for pace a few times early on by that Lewin kid, so having them switch sides was a rational move, which also helped Sané out with his defensive duties.

Nope...Kompany always does better on the right , always has................and the goal came straight afterwards from a sane fuckup that Kompany couldn't deal with straight afterwards.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:18 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Nope...Kompany always does better on the right , always has................and the goal came straight afterwards from a sane fuckup that Kompany couldn't deal with straight afterwards.

Yes, he does better on the right than on the left, but for the greater good it made sense to play him on the left.

The goal was mainly down to Sané being a lazy dick. It's not all cause and effect...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:20 pm

mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Yes, he does better on the right than on the left, but for the greater good it made sense to play him on the left.

The goal was mainly down to Sané being a lazy dick. It's not all cause and effect...

Yes it was Sanes fuckup , but the point Im making is Kompany was moved on the left to stop the threat.....waste of fuckign time in the end as the goal came from that side.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby everyonehatesus » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:50 pm

We had plenty of chances to score and they took what chances they had, the fa rent boy for the day did his job and we didn't do ours. We should have done so as it was more than in our grasp so no real drama just need to sharpen the fuck up,.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Justified logic » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:51 pm

My worst fears were realised: Sane is no LWB. I may be wrong but, to me, the primary skill of a WB is to be able to defend like a FB. We all saw Sane lose the ball upfield by the touchline and then make no great effort to get back to help out the defence. I'm not attaching any great blame to Sane; he was bought, and expected, to be an attacking winger, not to be charged with defensive duties. The problem we have is that we have no decent left-footed cover for Mendy in the LB/LWB position. We have various right-footed players who could play there but they can't - or haven't so far - put left-footed crosses in in anger. Hopefully, Guardiola was only testing Sane last night and is now convinced of the absolute necessity for more options in the left defensive positions - LCB, LB, LWB. A player who can cover all those positions would be ideal, but, PLEASE, not that rag-loving cunt Jonny Evans. The next 9 days will be interesting.

It is also clear that the squad need to spend a couple of days or more on finishing practice. Quit prancing around with the fancy footwork skills, learn how to put the fucking ball in the fucking net. The game is as simple as that and those rag cunts outside Manchester have got a headstart on us already with that. Oh, and get Sanchez and let's hope he doesn't catch the City disease of ineffectualness.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:12 pm

Justified logic wrote:My worst fears were realised: Sane is no LWB. I may be wrong but, to me, the primary skill of a WB is to be able to defend like a FB. We all saw Sane lose the ball upfield by the touchline and then make no great effort to get back to help out the defence. I'm not attaching any great blame to Sane; he was bought, and expected, to be an attacking winger, not to be charged with defensive duties. The problem we have is that we have no decent left-footed cover for Mendy in the LB/LWB position. We have various right-footed players who could play there but they can't - or haven't so far - put left-footed crosses in in anger. Hopefully, Guardiola was only testing Sane last night and is now convinced of the absolute necessity for more options in the left defensive positions - LCB, LB, LWB. A player who can cover all those positions would be ideal, but, PLEASE, not that rag-loving cunt Jonny Evans. The next 9 days will be interesting.

It is also clear that the squad need to spend a couple of days or more on finishing practice. Quit prancing around with the fancy footwork skills, learn how to put the fucking ball in the fucking net. The game is as simple as that and those rag cunts outside Manchester have got a headstart on us already with that. Oh, and get Sanchez and let's hope he doesn't catch the City disease of ineffectualness.

Cannot really criticize you on this post...... .Id like to......but I cant as its spot on.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CrownPointBlue » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:34 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Very inteligent.....must've taken a while to think of a response as profound as that.

Well done.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Postby CrownPointBlue » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:37 pm

Justified logic wrote:My worst fears were realised: Sane is no LWB. I may be wrong but, to me, the primary skill of a WB is to be able to defend like a FB. We all saw Sane lose the ball upfield by the touchline and then make no great effort to get back to help out the defence. I'm not attaching any great blame to Sane; he was bought, and expected, to be an attacking winger, not to be charged with defensive duties. The problem we have is that we have no decent left-footed cover for Mendy in the LB/LWB position. We have various right-footed players who could play there but they can't - or haven't so far - put left-footed crosses in in anger. Hopefully, Guardiola was only testing Sane last night and is now convinced of the absolute necessity for more options in the left defensive positions - LCB, LB, LWB. A player who can cover all those positions would be ideal, but, PLEASE, not that rag-loving cunt Jonny Evans. The next 9 days will be interesting.

Sanchez will not be here this season.......so finishing practice it is.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:39 pm

CrownPointBlue wrote:

Sanchez will not be here this season.......so finishing practice it is.

Why have we sold Nacho then ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby gillie » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:16 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:i blame the ref

There is no doubt he played a huge part in the outcome - any fucktard could see that, but you can't blame him alone.

I think it's because they don't love the city.

:lol:

Maybe the bad refereeing is just all in your head and you're paranoid? ;)

Apparently we should just "forget the decision".

oh, weren't we 1-0 down when walker saw red?!

Yes but it was never a red card and btw it was that fucker Oliver who was 4th official who told Maddeley it was foul.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Reading his posts I'm also puzzled he left. Seems like the Gestapo are his sort of 'peeps' after all.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CrownPointBlue » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:17 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Not a chance old girl.

I think I've found my spiritual home here with you.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Postby dazby » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:57 pm

Finally. He's all yours CPB. He'll give you heaps and heaps of ammunition. He bites back well but he'll provide minutes and minutes of fun. Go hard.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:10 pm

dazby wrote:Finally. He's all yours CPB. He'll give you heaps and heaps of ammunition. He bites back well but he'll provide minutes and minutes of fun. Go hard.

I need to sack one of our village idiots from one of our properties and I actually forgot all about it till you posted.

Thank you for the reminder.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CrownPointBlue » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:52 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
dazby wrote:Finally. He's all yours CPB. He'll give you heaps and heaps of ammunition. He bites back well but he'll provide minutes and minutes of fun. Go hard.

I need to sack one of our village idiots from one of our properties and I actually forgot all about it till you posted.

Thank you for the reminder.

Rachman? STA ?
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum