Post match analysis.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Post match analysis.

Postby halnone » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:44 pm

Proud of the response after the red. This will give us something to build on.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby gmercer1 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:44 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:We had a player sent off who didn't commit a foul. We have strikers who can't hit a barn door. But they dug a result out despite that.

Well said
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:50 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:We had a player sent off who didn't commit a foul. We have strikers who can't hit a barn door. But they dug a result out despite that.

Well said

Same problems as last year so, but we seem better equipped to do something about it when things are going wrong.

Last year we would have shipped another goal while looking for the equaliser. Pep may have had his hand forced but he did make changes that were effective.

Our bench when we have everyone match fit, will win us games that would get away from us last season.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby dazby » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:36 am

The solution to tonight's issues: SHOOOOOOOOOOT!!!! Just take a shot. I can count four times when the shot needed to be taken but instead the player chose to pass to a player IN A WORSE POSITION.
We won the game three times but foiled ourselves trying to score the perfect goal. Just hit it son.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby dick dastardley » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:52 am

Forget the footie for a moment, things never change at city, south stand ran out of beer before a ball had kicked!!
And pies are now £4 robbing bastards, I'll be getting mine over the road from now on!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:21 am

I've changed my mind. We need Sanchez.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:02 am

dick dastardley wrote:Forget the footie for a moment, things never change at city, south stand ran out of beer before a ball had kicked!!
And pies are now £4 robbing bastards, I'll be getting mine over the road from now on!!

Beer is fucking awful in the ground I wouldn't bother mate , also some bastard robbing bars in the city center now charging £5.50 a pint !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby mr_nool » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:34 am

After having a night's sleep to calm down, here're my two cents:

• I'm still livid with Sané for their goal. I know he's not a LWB and never will be and I can forgive him for losing possession - those things happen. But jogging back is inexcusable. Leroy was very good at the end of last season, but I hope he gets a good bollocking from Pep and that he will be benched for a few games to learn a lesson.
  • Having seen umpteen replays of the Walker incident, it is obvious that we were done by the ref, but Walker was never the less really fucking stupid for putting in that challenge so shortly after getting his first yellow. He needs to learn sharpish that you just can't give the officials any excuses to screw us over when you play for City, because they will jump on it.
  • We desperately need another left back. Not getting one could easily cost us the league. Going into the season with only three fullbacks is suicide.
  • I'm pretty sure Pep won't trust Mangala and/or Tosin this season, so we need another CB as well. A left back is priority, though.
  • 3-5-2 stymies our attack, but the biggest problem I saw with it last night was that it also hampered our pressing game. The back three - probably down to insecurity - played too deep, which created a big space between them and the midfield for Everton to exploit. A high pressing requires that the players behind the pressing player move up and cover the passing alternatives that arise when he moves into pressing position.
  • Danilo looks ten times the player on the right than on the left. Walker will have serious (and healthy) competition when Mendy's back.
  • Bernardo Silva will be a great player for us.
  • Is KdB a flat track Bully? Great at times yesterday, but also gave the ball away so often in dangerous situations.
  • Raheem needs to start the next game - either on the right in a 4-3-3 or instead of either Jesu's or Aguero if Pep persists with 3-5-2. Oh, and have patience with Jesus. He's still a kid. Thinking that he will be able to keep up is goal ratio from last season is naive. Yesterday he seemed to play deeper and let Kun occupy the box. I think he did quite well until he went off and you can see that he is a proper footballer, not just a poacher.
  • We did play very well with ten men in the second half and I will take that from this game. Hopefully we can build on that, rather than going into panic mode.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:37 am

mr_nool wrote:After having a night's sleep to calm down, here're my two cents:

• I'm still livid with Sané for their goal. I know he's not a LWB and never will be and I can forgive him for losing possession - those things happen. But jogging back is inexcusable. Leroy was very good at the end of last season, but I hope he gets a good bollocking from Pep and that he will be benched for a few games to learn a lesson.
  • Having seen umpteen replays of the Walker incident, it is obvious that we were done by the ref, but Walker was never the less really fucking stupid for putting in that challenge so shortly after getting his first yellow. He needs to learn sharpish that you just can't give the officials any excuses to screw us over when you play for City, because they will jump on it.
  • We desperately need another left back. Not getting one could easily cost us the league. Going into the season with only three fullbacks is suicide.
  • I'm pretty sure Pep won't trust Mangala and/or Tosin this season, so we need another CB as well. A left back is priority, though.
  • 3-5-2 stymies our attack, but the biggest problem I saw with it last night was that it also hampered our pressing game. The back three - probably down to insecurity - played too deep, which created a big space between them and the midfield for Everton to exploit. A high pressing requires that the players behind the pressing player move up and cover the passing alternatives that arise when he moves into pressing position.
  • Danilo looks ten times the player on the right than on the left. Walker will have serious (and healthy) competition when Mendy's back.
  • Is KdB a flat track Bully? Great at times yesterday, but also gave the ball away so often in dangerous situations.
  • Raheem needs to start the next game - either on the right in a 4-3-3 or instead of either Jesu's or Aguero if Pep persists with 3-5-2. Oh, and have patience with Jesus. He's still a kid. Thinking that he will be able to keep up is goal ratio from last season is naive. Yesterday he seemed to play deeper and let Kun occupy the box. I think he did quite well until he went off and you can see that he is a proper footballer, not just a poacher.
  • We did play very well with ten men in the second half and I will take that from this game. Hopefully we can build on that, rather than going into panic mode.

Need to add Pep is a cunt and all pretty much bang on .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:45 am

City64 wrote:Pep is a cunt and I got home quicker than Hutch,s Shoulder .

just sayin !

Home at 1am, car battery knackered, poor thing must have watched the game too.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:52 am

I'm struggling with your opinion on Walker, can't for the life of me see anything wrong.

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:03 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

I'm struggling with your opinion on Walker, can't for the life of me see anything wrong.

You don't see the position of the ball in that link. Walker didn't follow the path of the ball - instead he looked back at where the Everton player was and deliberately backed into him before moving on to the ball. A foul in other words.

It would have been a different question altogether if he was just positioning himself for a header and the Everton player was in the path of the ball, but he wasn't. I.E. Walker went out of his way to block him.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:05 am

mr_nool wrote:

You don't see the position of the ball in that link. Walker didn't follow the path of the ball - instead he looked back at where the Everton player was and deliberately backed into him before moving on to the ball. A foul in other words.

It would have been a different question altogether if he was just positioning himself for a header and the Everton player was in the path of the ball, but he wasn't. I.E. Walker went out of his way to block him.

That type of thing happens a couple of dozen times a game, strikers constantly back into defenders like that. If that's a foul then the game really has gone to shit.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:06 am

dick dastardley wrote:Forget the footie for a moment, things never change at city, south stand ran out of beer before a ball had kicked!!

And the firework display almost obscured the kick off from East. stand!
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course

Postby mr_nool » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:12 am

mr_nool wrote:

That type of thing happens a couple of dozen times a game, strikers constantly back into defenders like that. If that's a foul then the game really has gone to shit.

I think it was a foul, not a yellow. But he did go two yards out of his way to block the Everton player. Most of the time when strikers back into defenders, they're following the path of the ball.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:14 am

Fair enough Noolie, we'll have to agree to disagree mate,the game is gone too soft for my liking.

I have to wonder if he'd been wearing white would that have been deemed a foul.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Justified logic » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:19 am

zabbadabbado wrote:I wasn’t happy with Guardiola running straight to the Wig wearing granny Shagger at the final Whistle. I am not going to lie; I am struggling to warm to the Guy. I have been since day one; his snide derogatory, demeaning, comments really irked me last season. As did his constant gesticulating to our fans to sing, Ironic really when you think we had already won 2 Titles before his Spafia buddies and he arrived at the Club to reinvent the Wheel..

I just get the feeling he doesn’t really like us. I can’t shake that feeling off.

Hope to fuck he starts keeping hise ego in check.And stops acting like a cunt.

Can't disagree with any of that.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby mr_nool » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:21 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Fair enough Noolie, we'll have to agree to disagree mate,the game is gone too soft for my liking.

I do agree with football being way too soft nowadays. But with it being what it is, I think Walker was being daft.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:24 am

mr_nool wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Fair enough Noolie, we'll have to agree to disagree mate,the game is gone too soft for my liking.

I do agree with football being way too soft nowadays. But with it being what it is, I think Walker was being daft.

Is Ibrahimovic daft? Every time he goes for an aerial ball he does this type of thing, with impunity I might add.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:26 am

We dominated
We were much the better side
Everton were a disgrace
Ref should be sacked
Bernardo looked very good
Danilo also looked good
I like what I see in Ederson. Nice of the away fans to song his name all of the game
Sane needs to work on his throw ins
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum