Simulation

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Simulation

Postby Original Dub » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:46 pm

Will incidents from today's match be looked at and can players be punished retrospectively?

Although otamendi did get a hand to the face, there's no doubt he exaggerated the contact, as every player does throughout the game in order to highlight it to the ref...

But pretending there was contact, particularly when dangerous play is being inferred, I think that player needs banning for 3 games.

Holding your face when there was no contact is trying to get a player a straight red.

The question is, is this being looked at or was it just talk?
Original Dub

Re: Simulation

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:00 pm

Original Dub wrote:Will incidents from today's match be looked at and can players be punished retrospectively?

Although otamendi did get a hand to the face, there's no doubt he exaggerated the contact, as every player does throughout the game in order to highlight it to the ref...

But pretending there was contact, particularly when dangerous play is being inferred, I think that player needs banning for 3 games.

Holding your face when there was no contact is trying to get a player a straight red.

the fact you've mentioned that puff otafuckingmendi means your argument is nonsense. we do it as much as the rest of them.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby phips » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:17 am

Otamendi is so soft he simulated contact even though he got hit in the face with the ball.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:05 am

Baines and Holgate need banning as fart as I am concerned. Scouse twats
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:21 am

phips wrote:Otamendi is so soft he simulated contact even though he got hit in the face with the ball.

Eh? It was a dive but it was Calvert Lewin's flailing hand that caught him.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:28 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Will incidents from today's match be looked at and can players be punished retrospectively?

the fact you've mentioned that puff otafuckingmendi means your argument is nonsense. we do it as much as the rest of them.

No it doesn't, a player is suspended on the back of another player cheating, we were told these incidents will be reviewed this season.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Original Dub » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:53 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Puff? Really??

Anyway, you seem to have misunderstood - I don't want one rule for us and one for everyone else.
Quite the opposite in fact.

And as for this thread being "nonsense", I'm pretty sure this was going to be a hot topic this season, with sky telling us there would be retrospective punishment for simulation. Both diving for penalties or feigning injury when there was NO contact.
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:55 am

So any mention of the guy will be getting done for simulation yet?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:13 am

Mase wrote:So any mention of the guy will be getting done for simulation yet?

I'm nowhere near sky today mate - might be a good thing - but I'd imagine in the interest of fairness they'll feel obliged to show the simulation in slow motion so the FA feel obliged to lay down a marker.

Can anyone shine more light on this??
Original Dub

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:16 am

Original Dub wrote:

I'm nowhere near sky today mate - might be a good thing - but I'd imagine in the interest of fairness they'll feel obliged to show the simulation in slow motion so the FA feel obliged to lay down a marker.

Carragher was calling out otter for feigning... Rag boy immediately put him right and said the Calvert and Baines before him had done the same.

Not seen any replays though.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:18 am

london blue 2 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Carragher was calling out otter for feigning... Rag boy immediately put him right and said the Calvert and Baines before him had done the same.

Not seen any replays though.

All 3 should have been sent off the soft snide diving cheating cunts
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:19 am

I've seen it suggested that Walker's shoulder made contact with Calvert Lewin's chin, that being the case calling it simulation may be harsh, either way there's a definite overreaction.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:23 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I've seen it suggested that Walker's shoulder made contact with Calvert Lewin's chin, that being the case calling it simulation may be harsh, either way there's a definite overreaction.

It's a dive and a massive fucking playact. The fact that its a kid doing it says all you need to know about him and the club he has come through. I used to have a measure of respect for koeman, but after that shower of cowardly shit his team served up it is dissipating. No shots on target v ten men. Total football Ajax-style it isn't.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby aaron bond » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:08 pm

It is being called out in the media. Everyone is saying the Everton player knew exactly what he was doing and the referee got it wrong.

The FA usually act when there has been an outcry in the media so we'll see what happens.

Unfortunately we have players too who like to dive or over-exaggerate any contact. Otamendi is an absolute embarrassment (not only for his lack of footballing talent) and Sterling, Sane and Aguero all partake from time to time. It's not nice to see.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:18 pm

When I played someone would have to seriously hurt me to put me on the floor. I would be ashamed of myself if I over reacted like these modern day players do. Iv took some heavy punishment in my time and don't recall every rolling round like iv been shot.

Its just such a part of modern day football its become the norm. I would love someone to play back some of the antics to these players and ask them to explain their conduct. There seems zero shame and its all part of the gamesmanship. I will call it what it is........embarrassing. Its a huge blight on the game.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby littlebig » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:19 pm

I was embarrassed to see Otamendi's over reaction cheaty bullshit. Are we becoming more cunty under Pep? Leave it out please City players, shouldn't matter if other teams are doing it either.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby freshie » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:22 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ty-everton

Calvert-Lewin and Agüero face no action under new FA simulation rules

• Everton and Manchester City forwards involved in red-card incidents
• FA intends to pursue charges only in clear cases of no contact

Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Sergio Agüero will not face Football Association charges of simulation under new regulations for their involvement in incidents that led to red cards for Kyle Walker and Morgan Schneiderlin in Manchester City’s 1-1 draw with Everton.

Calvert-Lewin and Agüero have escaped being referred to a three-person panel that judges cases of alleged simulation as, it is understood, the incidents are not viewed as clear-cut.

Walker was sent off first, just before half-time, on Monday. The City right-back had just been booked for a foul on Leighton Baines when Bobby Madley, the referee, adjudged Walker to have elbowed Calvert-Lewin.

The forward went down dramatically, which convinced Duncan Ferguson of Walker’s force, moving the Everton coach to remonstrate with fourth official, Michael Oliver. Calvert-Lewin’s fall seemed also to influence Madley, who showed a second yellow card to Walker before replays clarified that the defender’s elbow touched the player’s ribs rather than face.

Schneiderlin was also sent off for a second booking, on 88 minutes. The midfielder took the ball cleanly from Agüero but caught the centre-forward with a trailing boot. The tackle seemed fair and the Argentinian appeared to exaggerate his fall.

The FA has brought in regulations which allow retrospective action for deception of a match official through “simulation/exaggeration/feigning injury”.

Although some will argue that Calvert-Lewin and Agüero were guilty of that, the FA intends to bring cases to a panel only when there has been a clear case of no contact. Calvert-Lewin and Agüero did receive contact.

If a case does reach a three-person panel for judgment, the members review the incident independently and return a verdict unaware of their fellow panelists’ decisions.

If they are unanimous in believing a player deceived a match official, the sanction will be a two-match ban. The card shown to an opponent can then be rescinded.

No action to be taken. There's a surprise
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:24 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I've seen it suggested that Walker's shoulder made contact with Calvert Lewin's chin, that being the case calling it simulation may be harsh, either way there's a definite overreaction.

I might have been suggested as justification but it didn't happen.There was no contact with his chin. Just as there was no contact with Baines for the first booking.

To be fair, he said with blue tinted glasses, at least there was contact with both Aguero and Otter although not enough for the way they reacted
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby phips » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:48 pm

littlebig wrote:I was embarrassed to see Otamendi's over reaction cheaty bullshit. Are we becoming more cunty under Pep? Leave it out please City players, shouldn't matter if other teams are doing it either.

the amount of rolling around from Jesus last night was upsetting.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby phips » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:52 pm

i guess Lewin's hand did catch him slightly but the full force is the ball. still shameful simulation.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead