Queues Getting In The Etihad

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Queues Getting In The Etihad

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:36 am

Herb wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
Don't do it pal. This is the best time ever to be a Blue. Nothing in life is perfect. Roll with the blows. Enjoy the highs & tolerate the lows.

If you decide to ignore this...........can I have your tik ?

Oh.....and what are you goina do with your flask ?

I think the decider was that I always let myself believe that I was welcomed by the club but I can now see that they truly don't give a shite - there are many examples of this, not least the farce of a website we now have where even the bleedin' scores and fixture kick off times are routinely wrong.
My now not being allowed to even take a cheese butty into the ground, on the basis that the robbing swine want me to go hungry to force me to eat the overpriced crap that they serve (and miss all of halftime queuing for the insult) was the final straw. I saw the Etihad as being my home ground and when you're not welcome in your home ground there's something seriously wrong eh?

On the topic of welcome, you're welcome to use my season card at whatever the face value ticket price is (Liverpool up next so attractive at least for that game!).
My old flask shall remain in my care so that I can have my traditional cuppa while I'm henceforth watching the games on t'internet
If I could managed to not launch it at Madley on Monday night then I'm never going to let go of it eh?

As annoying as you think it is of the club to stop people bringing in food and drink etc you have to realize that we are not a small business like in the past...we are now huge and with that comes a huge responsibility for the club to make revenues in every square metre of the business for us to carry on progressing.

Its normal imo....you cannot have F&B outlets in your business and allow people to bring in their own....makes no sense imo.

Times change - you have decided to stop going and that's your prerogative but IMO we have to stop clinging onto yesteryear and look at the bigger picture.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:30 pm

Fuck times changing ! same old same old for me the club can do one ! Beer is crap in the ground anyway and food prices extortionate , most only go to watch the match not que up for fucking ever and get robbed !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:33 pm

City64 wrote:Fuck times changing ! same old same old for me the club can do one ! Beer is crap in the ground anyway and food prices extortionate , most only go to watch the match not que up for fucking ever and get robbed !

Then dont go mate.
I've been to grounds all over the world and everything was expensive..it didn't fuck up my game experience.

But that's me
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby CrownPointBlue » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:48 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Herb wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
Don't do it pal. This is the best time ever to be a Blue. Nothing in life is perfect. Roll with the blows. Enjoy the highs & tolerate the lows.

If you decide to ignore this...........can I have your tik ?

Oh.....and what are you goina do with your flask ?

I think the decider was that I always let myself believe that I was welcomed by the club but I can now see that they truly don't give a shite - there are many examples of this, not least the farce of a website we now have where even the bleedin' scores and fixture kick off times are routinely wrong.
My now not being allowed to even take a cheese butty into the ground, on the basis that the robbing swine want me to go hungry to force me to eat the overpriced crap that they serve (and miss all of halftime queuing for the insult) was the final straw. I saw the Etihad as being my home ground and when you're not welcome in your home ground there's something seriously wrong eh?

On the topic of welcome, you're welcome to use my season card at whatever the face value ticket price is (Liverpool up next so attractive at least for that game!).
My old flask shall remain in my care so that I can have my traditional cuppa while I'm henceforth watching the games on t'internet
If I could managed to not launch it at Madley on Monday night then I'm never going to let go of it eh?

As annoying as you think it is of the club to stop people bringing in food and drink etc you have to realize that we are not a small business like in the past...we are now huge and with that comes a huge responsibility for the club to make revenues in every square metre of the business for us to carry on progressing.

Its normal imo....you cannot have F&B outlets in your business and allow people to bring in their own....makes no sense imo.

Times change - you have decided to stop going and that's your prerogative but IMO we have to stop clinging onto yesteryear and look at the bigger picture.

Please think again pal.

I hate the PL,CL & a lot of other things to do with football ,politics,celebrity's etc & et al,but I LOVE CITY.

The old days & ways have gone and aren't coming back so I've had to adjust.

With CITY,world class players,trophies,Euro trips,pissing the rags etc make it much easier.

I'm not giving up I'm getting on and I hope you do too.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:03 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:Fuck times changing ! same old same old for me the club can do one ! Beer is crap in the ground anyway and food prices extortionate , most only go to watch the match not que up for fucking ever and get robbed !

Then dont go mate.
I've been to grounds all over the world and everything was expensive..it didn't fuck up my game experience.

But that's me

Nothing going to stop me going or changing my Matchday routine Carl . If I'm stuck in a que some cunt who is supposed to be controlling the turnstile will get it in the neck week in week out and I don't purchase the shite beer in the ground or rarely let myself get robbed when I'm hungry . Chicken balti pies very nice though but so they should be at 4 fucking quid a go ! At the end of the day if fans have a good experience they will go home happy ........ all pretty much good on the pitch but off it leaves a lot to be desired at the minute where I am anyway .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:36 pm

It's a bit odd really, we don't seem to be seen as fans anymore but customers, and certainly in East Stand pay like good customers, yet there is little sign of the 'customer is king' philosophy. Ragland has been like that for a long time, mind you.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:18 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:It's a bit odd really, we don't seem to be seen as fans anymore but customers, and certainly in East Stand pay like good customers, yet there is little sign of the 'customer is king' philosophy. Ragland has been like that for a long time, mind you.

Football is a business, but as businesses go it's like no other in the world as far as their customer base is concerned.
I very much doubt you would get the same customer loyalty in any other business in the world.
Why?
Because most of us who have been around longer than the last 10 years have the tribalism ingrained within us.
Particularly in England where you follow your local team from the age of 6 or 7.
The passion of sticking together through thick and thin. The same goes in Ireland incidentally.
The thought of changing allegiances is an anathema. Anyone fickle enough to do so is not seen as a football supporter at all.
Why?
Because even with all the evidence to the contrary, we still see football as a sport.
As a game goes it's still the best in the world to play and watch when all is fair and the playing field is level.
But that's not professional football. It's a multi-million industry and things are geared towards making money.

If the price of beer is to much for one brand you'll buy a different one.
If you treated your customers badly in any other business they would walk away and support a rival.
Not in football. They have a captive audience.
You either give it up all together and walk away from it, or put up with it and watch it change year on year and the crowd around you
change too.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby bigblue » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:25 pm

I always struggle to understand why clubs with international following pinch their local support so much. The ticket and food/drink revenue is a drop in the bucket compared to tv revenue and sponsorships. You think it would be better for the club's brand to have a loud, enthusiastic support in the stands.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:00 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:It's a bit odd really, we don't seem to be seen as fans anymore but customers, and certainly in East Stand pay like good customers, yet there is little sign of the 'customer is king' philosophy. Ragland has been like that for a long time, mind you.

Football is a business, but as businesses go it's like no other in the world as far as their customer base is concerned.
I very much doubt you would get the same customer loyalty in any other business in the world.
Why?
Because most of us who have been around longer than the last 10 years have the tribalism ingrained within us.
Particularly in England where you follow your local team from the age of 6 or 7.
The passion of sticking together through thick and thin. The same goes in Ireland incidentally.
The thought of changing allegiances is an anathema. Anyone fickle enough to do so is not seen as a football supporter at all.
Why?
Because even with all the evidence to the contrary, we still see football as a sport.
As a game goes it's still the best in the world to play and watch when all is fair and the playing field is level.
But that's not professional football. It's a multi-million industry and things are geared towards making money.

If the price of beer is to much for one brand you'll buy a different one.
If you treated your customers badly in any other business they would walk away and support a rival.
Not in football. They have a captive audience.
You either give it up all together and walk away from it, or put up with it and watch it change year on year and the crowd around you
change too.

I think you are right, we are stuck with it; but we can still exercise the final right of the customer, to moan.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby City64 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:58 pm

Unbelievable shambles outside the Etihad right now fucking ques miles long everywhere WTF is going on ????? Matchday experience my fucking arse !!!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:14 pm

City64 wrote:Unbelievable shambles outside the Etihad right now fucking ques miles long everywhere WTF is going on ????? Matchday experience my fucking arse !!!!

I was in the ground at 2 today so was ok. But there were people coming in at 3.20 complaining about the shambles outside
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:23 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
City64 wrote:Unbelievable shambles outside the Etihad right now fucking ques miles long everywhere WTF is going on ????? Matchday experience my fucking arse !!!!

I was in the ground at 2 today so was ok. But there were people coming in at 3.20 complaining about the shambles outside

I was in early, 2:35, big queue but moving ok. Seemed less security people than last time. Four turnstiles at my entrance but queue so slow only 2 ever used.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby City64 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:43 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Just been sent a text from MCFC something about a free beer token for large ques WTF ???
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:14 pm

I think I'll take my sleeping bag and stay overnight outside of the M1 entrance on Monday night. I might just make kick off for the Shaktar game if I do that.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby City64 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:41 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I think I'll take my sleeping bag and stay overnight outside of the M1 entrance on Monday night. I might just make kick off for the Shaktar game if I do that.

Camping out already outside P ive heard pal . Utter joke today for a 3pm KO club is clueless , state of the art stadium and not enough entrances / turnstiles absolutes scenes today 45 mins to get in WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:45 pm

My Dad would work saturday mornings ,coming home at 12.30 , when we ( mates and i would go to a match , based on getting money off me dad , when i was skint).

Dad would down his lunch and bugger off to the Grants arms and then get the twenty to three 102 bus up Princess Rd,.

He would dash like a daft bugger to get into the scoreboard end just at kick off time.

In these days of high security , it is prudent to get to the ground early .

You know the kick off time , don't blame anyone else for you not getting in on time .

Me , always early at Maine Rd,. see Malc pull up in his Jag ( Park your car Sir ?)
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:49 pm

zuricity wrote:My Dad would work saturday mornings ,coming home at 12.30 , when we ( mates and i would go to a match , based on getting money off me dad , when i was skint).

Dad would down his lunch and bugger off to the Grants arms and then get the twenty to three 102 bus up Princess Rd,.

He would dash like a daft bugger to get into the scoreboard end just at kick off time.

You know the kick off time , don't blame anyone else for you not getting in on time .

Me , always early at Maine Rd,. see Malc pull up in his Jag ( Park your car Sir ?)

I didn't feel too secure stood in that fucking queue. I take your point but I take mine too. Some people can't get there an hour before kick off.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby City64 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:54 pm

zuricity wrote:My Dad would work saturday mornings ,coming home at 12.30 , when we ( mates and i would go to a match , based on getting money off me dad , when i was skint).

Stood in that fucking que with hundreds and hundreds of others isn't very security fucking conscious Zurich and fucking nostalgia has its fucking place ....... way back in fucking time pal . Im still furious with todays shambles !!!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:01 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Then dont go mate.

But that's me

This !

In every sense.

Sick and tired of people whinging about having to buy a beer in a social atmosphere.

Drink you beer in the streets and dump your beer can on the floor to be cleaned up by Corporation workers getting double overtime for their weekend work!

Ah Taxes mate, we pay them anyway...
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:06 pm

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Then dont go mate.

But that's me

This !

In every sense.

Sick and tired of people whinging about having to buy a beer in a social atmosphere.

Drink you beer in the streets and dump your beer can on the floor to be cleaned up by Corporation workers getting double overtime for their weekend work!

Ah Taxes mate, we pay them anyway...

Or don't go and just post shit on tinternet ? ok ! problem solved for the thousands who cant get in , amazing shit !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum