Queues Getting In The Etihad

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Queues Getting In The Etihad

Postby pepsi_dave » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:49 am

CrownPointBlue wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
pepsi_dave wrote:Ahhhh, now I remember why I don't post on Bluemoon!

Too many people obsessed about other peoples age and obsessed about how other people might be trying to more right than they are..... yawn!

Spot on Sir.

However being interested in someone's age can hardly be classed as ' obsessive '

There's also too much point scoring exaggeration & hyperbole on this site.

KIS S !!

Back to CITY stuff please.

It can if it's an obsessive interest.....
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:31 pm

CrownPointBlue wrote:
City64 wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
City64 wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:Get real eh pal ??
This thread isn't about rush hour travel,car parking or how far you travel. It's about advertised pre match security for your own safety.
It's clearly your decision when and how you decide to travel & arrive but the club will plan for the majority not singletons.
Additionally,little knowledge is dangerous. I travel over a hundred miles to each home game when I'm in GB & over 4000 miles when I'm in Abu Dhabi and I've never missed a kick off since 1958.
Over 50000 in the ground at kick off on Monday......does that tell you anything !!

And I'm the OP . Where the fuck have I posted in the title thread it's about advertised pre match security ? Have you made that up aswell ?

Oh dear dick.......

Ok, if it makes you feel better you're right,not just about the past & present,but also the future.

Have you thought about changing your name to CLEVER DICK ?

The message is get there in sufficient time or risk missing the ko.

Happy to help as always.

What a fucking jerk !
Tick tock ........

Just get there at the right time and don't leave early.....not that difficult is it.

Less of the 'jerk' as well eh. Personal abuse only confirms a lack of reasoning & maturity which is all to common amongst certain types these days.

I will get there when I want and I would also rather be stuck in que or a traffic jam dying for a piss rather than pass exchanges on tinternet with thee !

Tick tock ........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CrownPointBlue » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:08 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
pepsi_dave wrote:Ahhhh, now I remember why I don't post on Bluemoon!

Too many people obsessed about other peoples age and obsessed about how other people might be trying to more right than they are..... yawn!

Spot on Sir.

However being interested in someone's age can hardly be classed as ' obsessive '

There's also too much point scoring exaggeration & hyperbole on this site.

KIS S !!

Back to CITY stuff please.

It can if it's an obsessive interest.....

Aaaaah .....At last an outbreak of ironic humour. Thank fcuk for that.

I love irony especially in a Scottish brew !!

Progress at last,it's like being dealing with feckers from Royston Vasey so far !!!
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:29 pm

City64 wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:Incidently I left work at Salford Quays at 5.45. Drove into town (Deansgate) to drop the car off with the Mrs and then got a tram to the Etihad and was in my seat by 7.30 - so not sure what the issue is with people working and then having to get through rush hour traffic

It depends what time they finish work and how far they have to travel, mate.

Sorry I wasn't clear, was in direct reply to earlier comment about Manchester City centre rush hour traffic

No problem, mate. Other places have rush hour traffic as well. Bottlenecks and what have you.

Trafford Park and M60 Trafford Center area and 602 Salford and Chester road absolute carnage evening rush hour , then Mancunian Way . Nice one Tokyo Blue ;-)

Like I said - I came from Salford Quays, through Trafford Park, down Chester Road onto Deansgate and still managed to get to my seat by 7.30 despite leaving work at 5.45. So was a little unsure why it was such a big deal being asked to arrive early to ensure people's safety
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:45 pm

@Nicky Boy
But you don't work in Worsley and was stuck on the M60 from Worsley to the Trafford Center then proper Trafford Park were you ? That's almost twice the distance you have travelled and Salford Quays is almost city center ffs !!! why didn't you walk it ???
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:50 pm

With reference to journey times, I don't think it will be so quick when the school holidays are over though. Or it's bad weather or an accident etc.

More generally, I think a 10-15 minute queue to get in at any time is okay, but asking people to arrive an hour early for any event is poor customer service.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:06 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:With reference to journey times, I don't think it will be so quick when the school holidays are over though. Or it's bad weather or an accident etc.

More generally, I think a 10-15 minute queue to get in at any time is okay, but asking people to arrive an hour early for any event is poor customer service.

The get there an hour early is the clubs cop out mate and like you say it is unreasonable and unworkable for night games and 12.30 KO,s . Going back to the 1894 groups argument the tunnel club etc get ushered in like royalty so why cant the club make more effort for the paying masses in the trouble spot entrances . When the dark nights come and school holidays are over it will get worse for sure like you say .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:17 pm

City64 wrote:@Nicky Boy
But you don't work in Worsley and was stuck on the M60 from Worsley to the Trafford Center then proper Trafford Park were you ? That's almost twice the distance you have travelled and Salford Quays is almost city center ffs !!! why didn't you walk it ???

Cos I'm a lazy git!

Don't want to get into a row about it as everyone is entitled to their own view and what they consider acceptable. I just just don't think it's that unreasonable for the club to say get there early to avoid queues due to extra security.

It's not like they've said you'll be refused entry if you don't, if you want you can still turn up 5 mins before kick off and queue.

I personally think they could probably conduct searches as you get into the campus area, that way people are naturally arriving early for City Square etc and it stops delays getting into the actual stadium. But I'm sure they've employed expensive expert consultants to look at this who know best!
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:52 pm

Nickyboy wrote:

Cos I'm a lazy git!

Don't want to get into a row about it as everyone is entitled to their own view and what they consider acceptable. I just just don't think it's that unreasonable for the club to say get there early to avoid queues due to extra security.

It's not like they've said you'll be refused entry if you don't, if you want you can still turn up 5 mins before kick off and queue.

I personally think they could probably conduct searches as you get into the campus area, that way people are naturally arriving early for City Square etc and it stops delays getting into the actual stadium. But I'm sure they've employed expensive expert consultants to look at this who know best!

Haha ,
Several entrance areas as mentioned need sorting out ASAP and us fans all have our own match day rituals set in stone . Massive problems ahead for night games and 12.30 KO,s people cant help getting stuck in traffic etc then turning up late and stressed the club must understand this imho . Personally I will still be drinking beer in city center Manchester 30 mins before any KO the club aint changing my or others habbits nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

8-) :lol: :shock: :D
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:09 pm

City64 wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:

Cos I'm a lazy git!

Haha ,
Several entrance areas as mentioned need sorting out ASAP and us fans all have our own match day rituals set in stone . Massive problems ahead for night games and 12.30 KO,s people cant help getting stuck in traffic etc then turning up late and stressed the club must understand this imho . Personally I will still be drinking beer in city center Manchester 30 mins before any KO the club aint changing my or others habbits nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

No one can stop you getting 64'd!!
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby CrownPointBlue » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:21 pm

Call me old fashioned if you like but if you know your journey is likely to be congested why not set of a little earlier.

Have you ever missed your flight when going on holiday ??
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Postby CrownPointBlue » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:38 pm

City64 wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:

Cos I'm a lazy git!

Haha ,

Most helpful.......I'm sure the club appreciates your cooperation.

Where do you drink in town btw ?

CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:17 pm

CrownPointBlue wrote:

Call me old fashioned if you like but if you know your journey is likely to be congested why not set of a little earlier.

Have you ever missed your flight when going on holiday ??

Maybe some can't set off earlier because we don't have flexible working hours?
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course

Postby stevefromdonny » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:34 am

I left Donny at 5-30 got to parking place at 7 had a beer walked down to ground at 7-45 got to at M1 at 7-50 and in ground at that time and in my seat b4 KO
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:46 am

Watch on youtube.com
stevefromdonny wrote:I left Donny at 5-30 got to parking place at 7 had a beer walked down to ground at 7-45 got to at M1 at 7-50 and in ground at that time and in my seat b4 KO
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:57 am

It's all part of the City master plan to boost kiosk sales.

I used to get to my turnstile 10 mins before kickoff and get to my seat as the teams were exiting the tunnel. I have given up on that strategy now and am usually in the ground and on the concourse 30 mins before kickoff.

I am lucky enough to live close to the tram lines do have a Tram season pass. It can be a right royal pain in the arse at times but I can have a few pints and take my time to get home.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Herb » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:54 am

Wonderwall wrote:It's all part of the City master plan to boost kiosk sales.

I used to get to my turnstile 10 mins before kickoff and get to my seat as the teams were exiting the tunnel. I have given up on that strategy now and am usually in the ground and on the concourse 30 mins before kickoff.

I am lucky enough to live close to the tram lines do have a Tram season pass. It can be a right royal pain in the arse at times but I can have a few pints and take my time to get home.

Definitely a policy driven by a desire to take more coin off supporters. That's why taking food or drink in is now banned.
I've taken a sandwich and a flask to games since 1972, and the stewards have never had an issue with it, but supporter services have now informed me that they will clamp down on the stewards allowing food into the ground and that "I won't get away with it in future" as they put it.
They'd asked me my supporter number earlier in the conversation and, knowing from that what single entrance I'm now allowed to use, they said that they would 'deal with the stewards on N2 so that no food or drink gets in'.

This isn't anything to do with security - my sandwiches are a bit dodgy but definitely not a security risk and my steel thermos flask has been used at every home game to prove that those stupid 'wand things' that the stewards are instructed to wave around, to give everyone the impression of a security risk being 'managed', actually don't work at all because they never get a beep out of it - this is all about scaring fans and forcing fans to pay inflated prices for unhealthy unappetising food.

IMO they can fuckin' whistle in future, a seat in the south stand level 2 will remain empty all season and I'm another City fan who won't renew again . . I'd have actually cancelled my card so that another fan could take the seat but supporter services advised that there's no refund [as they would want to keep my money and then resell my seat] . . twats eh?
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby CrownPointBlue » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:46 am

Herb wrote:

Definitely a policy driven by a desire to take more coin off supporters. That's why taking food or drink in is now banned.
I've taken a sandwich and a flask to games since 1972, and the stewards have never had an issue with it, but supporter services have now informed me that they will clamp down on the stewards allowing food into the ground and that "I won't get away with it in future" as they put it.
They'd asked me my supporter number earlier in the conversation and, knowing from that what single entrance I'm now allowed to use, they said that they would 'deal with the stewards on N2 so that no food or drink gets in'.

This isn't anything to do with security - my sandwiches are a bit dodgy but definitely not a security risk and my steel thermos flask has been used at every home game to prove that those stupid 'wand things' that the stewards are instructed to wave around, to give everyone the impression of a security risk being 'managed', actually don't work at all because they never get a beep out of it - this is all about scaring fans and forcing fans to pay inflated prices for unhealthy unappetising food.

IMO they can fuckin' whistle in future, a seat in the south stand level 2 will remain empty all season and I'm another City fan who won't renew again . . I'd have actually cancelled my card so that another fan could take the seat but supporter services advised that there's no refund [as they would want to keep my money and then resell my seat] . . twats eh?

Don't do it pal. This is the best time ever to be a Blue. Nothing in life is perfect. Roll with the blows. Enjoy the highs & tolerate the lows.

If you decide to ignore this...........can I have your tik ?
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Postby CrownPointBlue » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:48 am

CrownPointBlue wrote:
Herb wrote:

Don't do it pal. This is the best time ever to be a Blue. Nothing in life is perfect. Roll with the blows. Enjoy the highs & tolerate the lows.

Oh.....and what are you goina do with your flask ?
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Herb » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:18 am

CrownPointBlue wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:

Oh.....and what are you goina do with your flask ?

I think the decider was that I always let myself believe that I was welcomed by the club but I can now see that they truly don't give a shite - there are many examples of this, not least the farce of a website we now have where even the bleedin' scores and fixture kick off times are routinely wrong.
My now not being allowed to even take a cheese butty into the ground, on the basis that the robbing swine want me to go hungry to force me to eat the overpriced crap that they serve (and miss all of halftime queuing for the insult) was the final straw. I saw the Etihad as being my home ground and when you're not welcome in your home ground there's something seriously wrong eh?

On the topic of welcome, you're welcome to use my season card at whatever the face value ticket price is (Liverpool up next so attractive at least for that game!).
My old flask shall remain in my care so that I can have my traditional cuppa while I'm henceforth watching the games on t'internet
If I could managed to not launch it at Madley on Monday night then I'm never going to let go of it eh?
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum