Aguero

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Aguero

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:05 am

Aguero

It was obvious last season our star man was in decline, Aguero has lost a yard of pace; he was missing very easy chances by his standards ,still he went on to score 20 goals for us. Guardiola must have had his own reservations hence dropping him last season.

I know it is only 2 games in, for me, the signs are not looking good. Not only has Aguero lost that yard of pace. He now seems to have lost that killer instinct in front of Goal; it looks like it is affecting his confidence. Where once he could make a chance happen with his pace instinctively get his shots off, he doubts himself, runs down blind alleys, tries to take on 3/4 defenders until he loses possession of the Ball, or simply slips falls over. For me it is becoming a serious concern.

We already needed another quality 20 goal a season goal scorer to make up our goals for deficit. Jesus is only 19 and not the finished article by a long shot.He is not thsat man right now.

We can’t carry on missing the chances we are in front of goal. It was ridiculous last season. We can’t have another season of it, it is killing us. Yet I fear it is already happening again.

Not sure what Aguero conversion rate is these days, Probably 1 -10 or something.20 goals last season does not tell the real picture.

Sadly I feel Aguero is rapidly reaching his expiry date. :( :( :(
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Re: Aguero

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:09 am

I don't think it's just these two games, he's been walking like John Wayne for a few seasons now like he's constantly carrying a knock.

We need Sanchez imo, to be able to give Serg that rest he'll need and hopefully when he does play he'll become hungrier.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:09 am

I don't agree that he's in decline but he is a different player to the type that used to burst his way through defences or shoot from distance. Injuries will do that to you....

Sanchez would be a terrific option to have alongside or instead of when he needs a rest.

Time to go get him
Original Dub

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:22 am

Mase wrote:I don't think it's just these two games, he's been walking like John Wayne for a few seasons now like he's constantly carrying a knock.

We need Sanchez imo, to be able to give Serg that rest he'll need and hopefully when he does play he'll become hungrier.
I agree with that.

I think we are too dependent on him ..Taking in to account his age,we should be using him more liberally.If we get Sanchez,that alone might impact on his confidence.The wieght of excpectation will be gone.You cant fault Agero effort.Maybe he is trying to hard to replicate something that once came naturally to him.In 2 games i have seen him struggle to beat the first defender nearly every time,,slip when he has been through on goal.Or freeze,blaze wildly.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:25 am

Original Dub wrote:I don't agree that he's in decline but he is a different player to the type that used to burst his way through defences or shoot from distance. Injuries will do that to you....

Sanchez would be a terrific option to have alongside or instead of when he needs a rest.

Time to go get him
I agree.

If we dont sign another 20 goals a season goal scorer before the window shuts (Preffbly Sanchez) then we are not going to win anything beyond maybe the kangaroo Cup (Carabaro or whatever the fuck it called :lol: :lol: )
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:28 am

The numbers back up your assertion that his conversion rate is not the decline.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/epl/pla ... ayer=21313

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:31 am

Love him. Created two great chances that were fluffed yesterday. Wish someone would step up and help take the pressure off him.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:40 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:The numbers back up your assertion that his conversion rate is not the decline.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/epl/pla ... ayer=21313

You highlighted all his seasons collectively to make your point,fair enough.,.I am on about last season,and this season specifically.Despite scoring 20 goals last season his "SOG" was only 38% according to those Stats,his lowest since joining us,this despite playing more minutes.Sometimes your Eyes are a better judge than stats. We have to face the truth Aguero is in decline.How we manage that decline will be key to how many goals we will still get from him.

As others have rightly suggested signing Sanchez or another 20 Goal striker will help greatly.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:46 am

Genuine question but, if Aguero is looking as though he's now in decline, is it possible that Sanchez, who seems to be everyone's choice of addition to the team, might also be on the threshold of the same condition, given the relative similarity in ages of the two ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:13 am

Dont think Aguero is in decline at all. Pep has asked him to change his game and after a bit of readjustment he is becoming much more involved in our build up. Bar delaying a shot for a split second last night, i dont think he done much wrong.

if anything he is trying too hard to link up with others and may need to tap into his ruthless greedy streak from time to time, which will come back naturally when he is more comfortable with his new role
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:34 am

london blue 2 wrote:Love him. Created two great chances that were fluffed yesterday. Wish someone would step up and help take the pressure off him.

He was through on goal with only the 'keeper to beat and didn't take the shot. Don't recall him doing that before and was livid at the time. I think it's in his head.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:39 am

Is gonna be part of a deal to bring in Messi?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:42 am

He's lost a yard of pace, understandable at his age, but I have no fear about his potency. That chance yesterday was a brain fart and I would put good money on him not doing it again.

Like all great players, he seems to have realised he can't do what he used to and seems to be changing his game to suit.

No need for panic. He'll get 20 goals minimum this season.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby sheblue » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:42 am

Valid points but its only two games played out of a possible 60+.Sergio is not the only one to look a bit rusty. Give it a few more games before getting too worried.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mike J » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:28 am

Have never written him off and not about to start now. Keep getting him in front of goal and he will score loads.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:31 pm

He scored last week are we forgetting that?

I thought he played well last night missed chance aside. Far more convincing than Jesus thats for sure.

We need more options up front, only pep knows why he sold a striker and then went two up top with abs no striker to replace either when the times needed.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:00 pm

aguero was sh1t in the first half of last season but then he got dropped and finally pulled his finger out. he's lacked consistency for a long time. how many years have we been saying next year he'll score 50?
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:50 pm

Was painful at times watching him last night , he was very slow . Thing is Gab Jesus is looking totally out of sorts aswell , we have huge problems in the strikers department for sure !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:58 pm

He is frustrating at times, selfish, but still, I think he is the best active striker in the game.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:08 pm

If everybody is blaming it on Sergio's age, what happened to Sane?

Aguero is the dogs and will once again be our top scorer. Maybe if a few of the others kick in to help then we won't have to rely on him so much.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum