The View from the Away End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The View from the Away End

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:43 pm

I can't believe that it is only the third game of the season, and there are very few comments about our game on the their forums - the match day thread currently has no comments. This is all very good, but I can't really wait any longer, given the early kick off. It's going to be lovely and sunny on the south coast tomorrow, so lets hope we have a good day.

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Mike Dean
Assistants: S Long, I Hussin
Fourth official: L Probert

Team Selection

Begovic
Cook Ake Mings
A. Smith Surman Gosling L. Cook Daniels
Fraser
Defoe

And the rest…

I'd play 4-5-1…Surman, Arter and Cook in the middle. Defoe up front on his own. Possibly play King on the wing.

it will be a real test of our resolve and the defending will need to be as solid as a rock...having watched the likes of Stirling and Ageuro tearing into Everton last week! ...think we had better pray that the footballing gods are kind to us!

Not sure you want to experiment with your defensive shape against a team like Man City

We have a defensive shape?

We could really do with coming out of this with a confidence rousing performance if nothing else. Last season's home game against them did that, a 2-0 defeat but in the manner of a decent game where we caused City a few issues and didn't look over-run. The same again would be decent. If we lose by a margin then things will start to look like an up hill battle.

Our defensive shape is that of an open goal with sign posts pointing towards the back of the net with stewards handily placed to keep our players out of the way......

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: The View from the Away End

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:48 pm

CuteMancs wrote:
Our defensive shape is that of an open goal with sign posts pointing towards the back of the net with stewards handily placed to keep our players out of the way......

Let's hope they stick with a tried and tested formation.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:40 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
CuteMancs wrote:

Let's hope they stick with a tried and tested formation.

Have they signed Bravo?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Cheers CM. Must have been frustrating looking for something juicy with that lot of bores
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:33 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Cheers CM. Must have been frustrating looking for something juicy with that lot of bores

Sometimes it's like pulling teath WW, but it always make me think think about how good we have it on here :)

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Return to The Maine Football forum