Financial Fair Play and Rising Transfer Fees

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Financial Fair Play and Rising Transfer Fees

Postby Original Dub » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:51 pm

With the serious rise in transfer fees and the fact that PSG don't seem to care about FFP (or at least are finding ways around it), where does it leave us with signing a world great now, or in the future?

I've always maintained that one marquee signing per season lifted the fans and the squad alike. Baconface said it was an integral part of consistent title wins/dominance.

I believe we suffered in this regard - because of FFP and shitty transfer management - but it looks like it's going to be more difficult in the future, instead of easier as it should be.

So why aren't we just going "balls out" now and taking the world by storm by snatching a world great? What is the real problem do you think?

The last time we really took the transfer market by the balls by bringing in household names, we won the title - I'd even argue we won the title twice - because of these signings.

What's the "right" way of doing it right now?
Original Dub

Re: Financial Fair Play and Rising Transfer Fees

Postby ruralblue » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:04 pm

This off season we had to address the defence and maybe cause of the amount spent on doing that we may miss out on a big marquee signing. Next Summer, all being well Peps got it right, we will hopefully start to buy a big name once a year.

Still have faith we could pull off a big name before next week.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Re: Financial Fair Play and Rising Transfer Fees

Postby Original Dub » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:32 pm

Good point jimbo, we still have spent more than psg this window... but I'm really thinking over the last 4 years or so overall.

If we are to get a big name in, sanchez is the most likely. And I'm not sure that's particularly a "marquee" signing?

We'll find out soon enough I suppose.
I won't be watching jim and his poxy yellow tie on deadline day, that's for sure.

Sky have been flogging that dead horse every since we reinvented it on that faithful day
Original Dub

Return to The Maine Football forum