***afcb vs mcfc official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***afcb vs mcfc official match thread***

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:04 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I thought Raheem was superb against Everton, really made a difference. But he is the one I would have sacrificed him today rather Jesus. He was pants today. It does also seems to get too much for him when he plays against Scouse.

Well we won't have to worry about that now, every cloud etc.... :?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Justified logic » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:56 am

Looked to me that Sterling was pulled through the stewards into the crowd by the ginger in the black top. See from 13:15.

Watch on youtube.com

Sterling hauled.png

See also the assault on Fernandinho right at the end (by the same steward that pushed Aguero and made the false allegation?)
Fernandinho assaulted.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nickyboy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:31 am

Why have we not been seeing a constant loop of the two footed lung that took Jesus out and was only given as a throw in? Potential leg breaker
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:37 am

sheblue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Can we not appeal these bullshit decisions?

It amazes me how we say nothing about all this shit.

Stu Brennan tweeting saying we can't appeal yellows.

Convenient isn't it.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:38 am

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:49 am

Mase wrote:https://www.clippituser.tv/c/zbeekq

Leg breaker on Gab.

Didn't review that on match of the day! Shocking challenge!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:07 am

Leg breaker on Gab.

Was that Pleat on commentary? Shocking!

In itself I don't necessarily have a problem with that tackle. He got the ball. I sometimes wish our defenders would be as robust. However, when you see that not punished in the same game that we get seven yellows for tackles that are certainly no worse then the imbalance is there for all to see
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:11 am

ENIAM NAM wrote:

Leg breaker on Gab.

Didn't review that on match of the day! Shocking challenge!

Listen to the commentary on that and subsequent clips - the obscene David Pleat accompanied by the even more loathsome Ian Darke - a pair of City haters dredged up by NBC from the foetid sludge at the very bottom of the barrel.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:25 am

nottsblue wrote:

Leg breaker on Gab.

In itself I don't necessarily have a problem with that tackle. He got the ball. I sometimes wish our defenders would be as robust. However, when you see that not punished in the same game that we get seven yellows for tackles that are certainly no worse then the imbalance is there for all to see

The worst thing for me is we saw Fern do a similar tackle against Burnley last year and he got a red for it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:02 am

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Leg breaker on Gab.

The worst thing for me is we saw Fern do a similar tackle against Burnley last year and he got a red for it.

That is the annoying thing. Our boys are penalised for fouls, nothing more. The opposition then get away with hacks, dirty fouls, arguing with the ref and persistant fouling.

Am surprised the club dont make more of it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:54 am

nottsblue wrote:

Leg breaker on Gab.

I am surprised any media outlet would pay that kerbcrawling turd for his opinion.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:06 pm

Really glad we got the win yesterday. I thought we just about deserved it. Admittedly it was a shit show of a performance.At the moment we look a million miles away from title challenger. if we keep putting in performances like that, who knows where we might end up this season. Candle waivers up next, a good opportunity for us to put in our first decent 90 + minute performance of the season.

Early days i know,but it isn't happening for me at the moment. Only 3 games in and I can see already see last season short comings. The unnecessary fucking about with the Squad, square pegs in round Holes, he is like a crazy scientist. Why the fuck do we spend pre-season these days playing players that have no future, using it as a Shop window for potential buyers, Is it any wonder we look disjointed 3 games in.

I am also yet to be convinced this “Tiki Taka” style has any future in England. Players don’t stand off you as much as they do in hot sunny Spain. You don’t get the time on the Ball. We have so many talented players in our side that theoretically we should be scoring goals for fun; instead we obsess about the possession, based game,making that extra pass. Almost as if our players are scared of taking on goal scoring opportunities for fear of not scoring a goal. It is frustrating watching us break at speed only to “STOP” over pass the Ball at opposition penalty area. Gives the opposition time to get men back behind the Ball. I noticed yesterday we have started hitting the ball out wide more to Danillio to cross in to the Box, I saw KDB do this from the edge of their Penalty Box Why ?,makes no sense to me, its not like we have 6 foot strikers good with their head .Why not run more at defenders in to the Box invite the fouls.We are so predictable, dare I say it with the plethora of talent we have at our disposal, mostly boring to watch.

Can’t remember where I read this. A poster wrote the only thing one need to question of a manager “Is he making the sum bigger than its parts ? ”.Right now I would honestly say Guardiola is not only failing to meet that criteria, I personally feel he is actually handicapping our development, with the strange team selections, choosing best suited players for his system, prime example was playing Leroy Sane at wing back despite everyone misgivings, that alone cost us points. Similar things happened all through last season.

I actually feel Guardiola don’t like us. That he is doing us a big favour by being here. He has said a lot of shitty things I personally felt were derogatory about us. He is not arsed about our rich history before his arrival he sees us as a little Club lucky to be graced with his over inflated Ego (and Head).Last season constant remonstrating at our fans to sing, the irony was the silence was brought on by his boring sleep inducing style. Our ground was rocking when Mancini was here; just saying. The love in with the Bald Granny Shagger at home to Everton I felt was done deliberately to provoke a reaction. It was like he was saying I know you cunts hate him “Watch this”. I couldn't imagine Mancini doing that, Why not run to Sterling first congratulate him for saving his Bacon ?.This week with rumours about Messi Guardiola riled me again, asked by the press about the rumours, he replied he hopes that Messi will stay at Barcelona all his career,wtf ?.” Yes”… we get it Baldy…you love Barcelona to death, your first love and only love. Heaven forbid you turn around and say you would have him at City in a heartbeat, no he had to make it perfectly clear where his feelings lie, they are most certainly not with us.Makes it hard for me to like him.I see little sly digs, put downs in most his comments.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:13 pm

When I see that tackle on Jesus I know right there we are being reffed by different rules. Is that lad in control, NO is it excessive, course it fucking is. Ferna V Burnley as Mase said.
You look at that and how Walker has got a red, It's bent as fuck.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum