***afcb vs mcfc official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***afcb vs mcfc official match thread***

Postby Dameerto » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:30 pm

So did Sterling leave the field of play at any point during his celebration or are these cnuts out to get us? Two yellows again...
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john@staustell » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:36 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:well at least sterling won't start the next match. We was shit in spite if his winner.

I really don't get this post mate. Scores the equaliser against Everton and then the winner today, but you don't want him in the team?

He's been shit mate. But he scores
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:38 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:well at least sterling won't start the next match. We was shit in spite if his winner.

I really don't get this post mate. Scores the equaliser against Everton and then the winner today, but you don't want him in the team?

Shit? He was quality against Everton when he came on. Do you actually think he was shit?

Today he was played out of position and still managed to grab us the winner.

Some of the stuff the kid gets thrown at him is pathetic.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mr_nool » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:43 pm

Mase wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Shit? He was quality against Everton when he came on. Do you actually think he was shit?

I'm with you Mase. I'm a huge Raheem fan.
He wasn't at his best today. It was too crowded for him up front, but he still made the difference through pure grit and determination.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby aaron bond » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:47 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

He wasn't at his best today. It was too crowded for him up front, but he still made the difference through pure grit and determination.

It's embarrassing how much shit he gets from our own fans.

Possibly the most abused footballer in the Premier League, from all fans, and gets a hard time from our own. Was the same all last season and sadly it seems to be continuing this season.

He was outstanding against Everton and without him we would have lost but even that is not good enough for some. He didn't play as well as he can do today but still got the winner. If he had played on the right the whole match he would have been at his best (as he's been showing since pre-season).
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby mr_nool » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:56 pm

aaron bond wrote:
It's embarrassing how much shit he gets from our own fans.

Possibly the most abused footballer in the Premier League, from all fans, and gets a hard time from our own. Was the same all last season and sadly it seems to be continuing this season.

He was outstanding against Everton and without him we would have lost but even that is not good enough for some. He didn't play as well as he can do today but still got the winner. If he had played on the right the whole match he would have been at his best (as he's been showing since pre-season).

Still I think he would be even better in the centre just behind the striker. His runs are so intelligent. David Silva would have a field day.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby budfox » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:35 pm

Dean. Cunt. End of.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby branny » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:44 pm

If Sterling starts I'd prefer him on the right. He's wasted on the left and was crowded out today. Off the bench he is a goal threat and provides assists. That's a definite upgrade on Navas.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:32 pm

Can we not appeal these bullshit decisions?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby sheblue » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:47 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Can we not appeal these bullshit decisions?

It amazes me how we say nothing about all this shit.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:10 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I thought he was superb against Everton, really made a difference. But he is the one I would have sacrificed him today rather Jesus. He was pants today.
It does also seems to get too much for him when he plays against Scouse.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:53 pm

Raheem scored 10 goals and assisted 15 last season. Already has two goals this season. Even Lionel Rasford hasn't got stats like that and everyone tells me he is the best younger player on the planet.

Raheem has an amazing mentality. He puts up with an unbelievable amount of shit. No one likes him not even his own fans, but you know what, he keeps plugging away and just gets on with it. He has the broadest shoulders in football IMO.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:57 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Raheem scored 10 goals and assisted 15 last season. Already has two goals this season. Even Lionel Rasford hasn't got stats like that and everyone tells me he is the best younger player on the planet.

Raheem has an amazing mentality. He puts up with an unbelievable amount of shit. No one likes him not even his own fans, but you know what, he keeps plugging away and just gets on with it. He has the broadest shoulders in football IMO.

He pulled us back into the game against Barcelona at our place last season. You could see the determination in his play.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:54 pm

budfox wrote:Dean. Cunt. End of.

This. X 1000. At least!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:41 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:After a shite match you have to hand it to Dean for letting it go to 7 mins when the alotted was 5

Except there was another injury in the middle of extra time.

That was our last chance.

Everyone saying we deserved to lose or draw is being very harsh.

We had chances, and have played against two opponents who played very well in a row.

I think these results bode well for us, but the sky is falling as usual and "Pep out" will surely be on the tips of a good number of our fans' tongues.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:45 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:After a shite match you have to hand it to Dean for letting it go to 7 mins when the alotted was 5

Except there was another injury in the middle of extra time.

That was our last chance.

Everyone saying we deserved to lose or draw is being very harsh.

We had chances, and have played against two opponents who played very well in a row.

I think these results bode well for us, but the sky is falling as usual and "Pep out" will surely be on the tips of a good number of our fans' tongues.

And there was the row between Guardiola and Howe that meant Probert didn't put up the board saying 5 minutes until there was 91 on the clock.

Hand it to Dean my arse.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:59 pm

Well, odd enough is MOTD was full of praise for us actually.

Mostly from Shearer who went off on the rule saying that it's wrong to punish players for that in such a situation, while Phil Neville (not surprisingly) was silently disagreeing with him (on the Sterling red card).

As soon as I saw that happen I was like, oh no he's going to get a 2nd yellow (and it happened to him last season as well!).

Then the delay made me wonder if Dean would let it go. So much for that...what a stupid rule.

Shearer even commented on Daniels' goal celebration that he should have gotten a yellow, and that 7 City players should have gotten yellows if they are following "the letter of the law."

Shearer and Neville did the breakdown about KDB in the deeper role highlighting how they think he is even better there because of his ability to spray passes around, but he can still make runs with those lethal crosses into the box.

They also praised Jesus immensely.

Gave praise to Bournemouth, but was actually quite in our favour, if you can believe it.

Didn't talk about the red card they should have had...at all, although there was so much to discuss I can see why, but that is lost in the conversation.

Aké should have been sent off, and Pep was livid then and after the match because he sees how ridiculously inconsistent or biased the refereeing is.

Basically the strategy against us is foul as hard as you can to our attacking players, and no worries, the refs will muff it up somewhere and are very reluctant to send off or punish players too harshly because of whatever reasons you want to believe are there (agenda against us, English football culture...whatever).

Point is...it works.

That's a real problem that Pep has clearly come to realise, but they FA are both inept or too bias to have any level of competency on this sort of thing.

I think this may be part of the reason Utd went with Mourinho and are not really about being a complete attack oriented team. There's this sort of negative affect towards this and love of "grit" rather than "style" so if you show that, the refs will give you the benefit of the doubt. Doesn't hurt to be a national favourite, but there's something in that to me. It's a strategy that we are trying to find ways to get around it.
Last edited by PrezIke on Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby phips » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:43 am

london blue 2 wrote:Can we not appeal these bullshit decisions?

i thought you can't appeal yellow cards, even if its a 2nd yellow leading to a sending off...
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:32 am

i wouldn't mind if Everton or Bournemouth had played us off the park. We are fighting strange refereeing and influences . Oliver's tipp to Madley, gets a player sent off for the first time in his career.

Dean lets Jesus get fouled twice and when he breaks free from the opposition, deliberately pulls him up to give him a foul when he already has the ball and charging to the oppositions goal area !

Dean promptly cards otto , not sure if he touched him, otto gets wellied , no foul never mind a card.

we can't do anything about one in a million flukey goals like yesterday.

we can cut out the silly things. It wouldn't have hurt us had Sane hit row z , instead if a back pass.

The great unknown for us every week are the officials and that is how bad it is .

I watched a bit of the rags game and oliver's decisions were curiously red
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john@staustell » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:55 am

Well taken shot, reviewing it this morning. I'm also wondering how one player only can be booked, not half a dozen if a booking is compulsory?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum