Sunday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sunday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:16 am

THE BOLLOX

TOP BOLLOX
Aguero assault claim dropped - Bournemouth
LONDON (Reuters) - A complaint to police by a Bournemouth steward who alleged he had been assaulted by Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has been withdrawn, the club said on Saturday.
Dorset Police launched an investigation after the allegation by the steward following chaotic scenes at the end of the sides’ Premier League game at the Vitality Stadium.
City’s Raheem Sterling scored the winner in stoppage time and was sent off for a second yellow card because of his celebrations as supporters spilled on to the pitch, forcing stewards and police to intervene.
“The goal was followed by excited celebrations where a number of Manchester City supporters encroached on to the pitch,” Dorset Police said in a statement.
They said two male spectators from Manchester were arrested as a result and that officers were reviewing CCTV of the pitch encroachment to establish whether any other offences may have been committed.
Bournemouth said the initial statement alleging assault had been withdrawn.
“AFC Bournemouth are aware of an alleged incident which occurred following Manchester City’s second goal at Vitality Stadium on Saturday,” they said in a statement on the club website.
”The club have been advised that due to a misunderstanding, an earlier statement alleging assault has been withdrawn and no assault took place.
“AFC Bournemouth recognises that stewards and police were carrying out their duties in preventing encroachment on to the pitch, with the safety of players and supporters in mind.”
Aguero had denied any wrongdoing.
“This allegation is false and the TV pictures prove it,” he said on Twitter.
City manager Pep Guardiola was angry at referee Mike Dean's decision to give a second card to Sterling, who will now miss the next Premier League game at home to Liverpool.
"I don't understand. Hopefully, they can call me and explain the reason why," he said.
"He ran to celebrate. If you can't celebrate with the fans maybe we should play without fans." The pinned Man City fan has tweeted

The Man City fan who was pinned down by two stewards and a policeman has tweeted to say thanks to Aguero.
“This is me being pinned down on the floor - thanks for everything @aguerosergiokun - I owe you one X,” Zack Weir wrote in response to the viral footage.
Dorset Police confirmed that two male fans from Manchester were arrested following the incident, which marred Sterling’s last-gasp goal as City defeated Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium.
“The goal was followed by excited celebrations where a number of Manchester City supporters encroached on to the pitch,” a statement read.
“Two male spectators from Manchester were arrested as a result. No other arrests have been made

@IanWright on Twitter
Mike Dean !!! Obviously never got to score the winning goal in the playground. Probably playing marbles on a drain.

"Do me a favour"
Alan Shearer gives his views on Mike Dean sending off Sterling
A furious Alan Shearer slammed Mike Dean's decision to send off Raheem Sterling on Saturday night's Match of the Day.
The England winger scored a 96th last-minute winner as Manchester City edged past Bournemouth in the weekend's opening game.
A jubilant Sterling rushed over to celebrate with the away fans who spilled over the Dean Court hoarding and onto the pitch.
The 22-year-old was surrounded by dozens of supporters as they all celebrated a vital three points for Pep Guardiola's side.
But as Sterling returned to his half, Mike Dean presented the City star with a second yellow card, sending him off.
The referee's decision left Shearer riled.
"Talking to referees tonight and they tell me that they have no choice," began the Match of the Day pundit. "That is the letter of the law. They don't want to do it.
"We now score the winning goal in the last minute, let's grab the ball, let's compose our thoughts, let's walk back to the halfway line and let's kick off again... do me a favour, please.
"It's an emotional game. Raheem Sterling is still on the grass, he's two yards over the touchline."
"He knows he can't do that, though, to be fair Al," chipped in Phil Neville.
Shearer replied: "OK he can't do it. So by the letter of the law Mike Dean should book seven Manchester City players because they've all jumped on him.
"If you look at Mendy, he's gesticulating more than anyone else, so he should book seven players. Come on, do me a favour, man, will you?"

Pep Guardiola remained coy when quizzed about the speculation linking Manchester City with a big-money bid to sign Alexis Sanchez from Arsenal this summer.
The 28-year-old Chile international has been relentlessly linked with a move away from The Emirates this summer after he entered into the final 12 months of his contract.
Arsene Wenger insisted last week that he was still hopeful that Arsenal would be able to tie Sanchez down to a new contract.
But that has done little to quell the speculation suggesting that Sanchez could be set to leave The Emirates before the transfer deadline on Thursday.
Manchester City have been credited with an interest in signing Sanchez before the transfer deadline next week, but Guardiola was giving little away when quizzed about his reported interest in bringing him to The Etihad.
Speaking at a news conference on Friday, Guardiola said: “Alexis? He’s an Arsenal player, like Evans is a West Brom player. You have to ask Alexis.
“Normally I don’t talk about players from other clubs
“I’m happy with the squad I have. We have five or six days left, and we’ll see with the market. Maybe some of the players here will leave and we will see.
“Now the market is difficult and it was difficult before. You have to spend more, not just City but other clubs. They’re looking for the best solutions. They wait until the last minute to make the deal cheaper.”
Sanchez is in line to make his first appearance for Arsenal this season when the Gunners take on Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday afternoon.
The north London side are looking to get back to winning ways after the disappointment of their 1-0 loss to Stoke City at the bet365 Stadium last weekend.

English journalist claims Arsenal will accept £60M+ for 24-goal Sanchez, player attracting serious interest from Man City
Ian McGarry has claimed that Arsenal will sell Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez to Manchester City this summer should the Premier League side make a bid over £60M, as reported by the Express.
According to the Express, the Gunners are very keen to keep Sanchez at the club beyond this summer, with Arsene Wenger’s side eager for the player to sign a new deal despite the winger’s unwillingness to.
Gunners manager Wenger has confirmed that Sanchez is fit enough to take part in his side’s Premier League game against Liverpool this weekend, with Manchester City eager to sign the player with there being just six days left in the transfer window, report the Express.
As per the Express, journalist Ian McGarry has said that “A bid in excess of £60m would be enough” for City to secure a deal for Sanchez, who managed to score 24 goals in 38 league games for the north London side last season.
Should Man City test the Gunners’ resolve and bid £60M for Sanchez, it’ll be interesting to see whether Pep Guardiola’s side can get a deal over the line before next Thursday’s transfer deadline. CaughtLyingOffside

Evans, Mangala set to switch places
West Brom want Manchester City flop Eliaquim Mangala included in any deal for defender Jonny Evans
Eliaquim Mangala has failed to progress since arriving at the Etihad in 2014
Pep Guardiola has been trying to ship the Frenchman for most of the summer
Tony Pulis wants Mangala at West Brom if Jonny Evans moves the other way

West Brom manager Tony Pulis wants Manchester City outcast Eliaquim Mangala as part of any deal that takes Jonny Evans to the Etihad Stadium.
Mangala, 26, has flopped since a £32million move from Porto in 2014 but Pulis likes his power and athleticism and would be happy to allow Northern Ireland skipper Evans to join Pep Guardiola's side if the Frenchman moves in the opposite direction as cover.
Though City would prefer to negotiate a permanent deal for Mangala, Albion are likely to press for his move to be on loan.
West Brom want Eliaquim Mangala in any deal that takes Jonny Evans to Manchester City
Their interest in Mangala has paved the way for Stoke City to sign Tottenham centre-half Kevin Wimmer.
Wimmer's arrival is unlikely to see the departure of club captain Ryan Shawcross, however, with Stoke keen to offer him a new deal as he enters the final 12 months of his existing contract.
The anticipated moves for Mangala and Wimmer could leave Liverpool's Mamadou Sakho in limbo. No club has come forward to meet the Anfield club's £25million valuation with Crystal Palace baulking at the price.
Their manager Frank de Boer will allow Birmingham City target Jordon Mutch to leave Selhurst Park in order to make space for new signings in the final few days of the window.

Man City director ends speculation on Messi dream 'An impossible operation'
The disappointing cloud that engulfs Barcelona remains overhead. After the disheartening Neymar transfer to PSG for 222 million EUR, the Catalan club continued its confusion with a devastating series of losses to Real Madrid in the Spanish Super Cup. In the weeks that followed, nearly every piece of speculation surrounding Barcelona was negative and questioned the ambitions and quality of the current squad.
From here, many new stories arose. The most obvious and important of those is regarding Leo Messi, who is rumored to be considering his options after Barca’s downward spiral. The most recent of which linked the amazing Argentine with a move to the Premier League via Manchester City. But that dream was shot down today by City’s director of sport Txiki Begiristain, who confirmed, "Messi will surely stay in Blaugrana, it’s an impossible operation."
For Barcelona, it’s a time to rethink and reshuffle their ideas and aims. New coach Valverde has his work cut out for him, as the challenge presented following Neymar’s exit, Suarez’s injury, and Messi speculation undoubtedly makes his job even more difficult

WAG OF THE DAY
Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox

OTHER BOLLOX
Liverpool have set a Monday deadline for Barcelona to agree a fee for 25-year-old midfielder Philippe Coutinho. (Onda Cero)

The Reds are pushing to sign Arsenal's Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 24, before the end of the transfer window; the winger has also been linked with Chelsea. (Sunday Mirror)

Chilean forward Alexis Sanchez, 28, reportedly wants Arsenal to make him the Premier League's highest earner if he is to sign a new deal. (Daily Star)

Meanwhile, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has not given up hope of signing Monaco winger Thomas Lemar, 22, and Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk, 26, although it might be next season before they finally complete a move. (Sun)

Paris St-Germain are continuing negotiations to sign teenage forward Kylian Mbappe for £166m before the transfer window closes on Thursday, but his club, Monaco, would prefer to sell the 18-year-old to Real Madrid. (Sunday Telegraph)

In the event Mbappe does leave Monaco, the French club are viewing Leicester City's Algerian striker Islam Slimani as a replacement, with Newcastle and Watford also weighing up a move for the 29-year-old. (Leicester Mercury)

Bayern Munich midfielder Renato Sanches, 20, asked to be left out of the club's squad to face Werder Bremen in order to resolve his future, with both Chelsea and Liverpool linked with a move for the Portuguese. (Metro)

Everton are making a bid to hijack Chelsea's £40m move for Leicester striker Jamie Vardy, with boss Ronald Koeman keen to make the England striker his final summer signing. (Sunday Mirror)

Tottenham could make a move for Liverpool striker Divock Origi, 22, if Vincent Janssen leaves Spurs. (Sun)

Juventus want to sign Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes, 24, if they can agree a fee for the Portuguese with the Catalan club. (Marca)

Valencia owner Peter Lim has landed in Manchester to begin talks over signing 21-year-old midfielder Andreas Pereira from Manchester United. (Sunday Express)

Ex-England goalkeeper Rob Green, 37, is having a medical at Huddersfield before joining them from Leeds. (Sky Sports understands fucl all)

It has emerged that Real Madrid's official Twitter account was hacked after a post welcoming Barcelona's Lionel Messi, 30, to the club appeared on their feed. (Guardian)

Wales boss Chris Coleman says 28-year-old Gareth Bale is best served staying at Real Madrid, amid reported interest from Manchester United. (ESPN FC)

Manchester United fielded the first ever £400m Premier League line-up in Saturday's 2-0 win over Leicester City at Old Trafford. (Metro)

Former Scotland international and 5 live pundit Pat Nevin says after their third straight defeat in the Premier League.

Tottenham are trying to sign Paris St-Germain's Ivory Coast right-back Serge Aurier, 24, for £23m before next Thursday's transfer deadline. (Guardian)

PSG have concluded an agreement with Monaco to sign forward Kylian Mbappe, 18, and defensive midfielder Fabinho, 23, from the Ligue 1 champions. (Daily Record)

Chelsea plan to hold talks with Everton over a £30m deal for 23-year-old England midfielder Ross Barkley after the two teams clash on Sunday. (Sun)

The Blues are also weighing up a late bid for Swansea City's 32-year-old forward Fernando Llorente, who is interested in playing under manager Antonio Conte again. (Daily Telegraph)

Arsenal will sell Germany defender Shkodran Mustafi, 25, before Thursday's deadline if they receive an offer of £35m - the fee they paid Valencia a year ago. Juventus and Inter Milan are interested. (Daily Mail)

GOLDEN BOLLOX on this day in 2012
Mancini laughs off exit talk
Italian tactician plays down midfielder's frustration
Roberto Mancini has laughed off suggestions he might leave Manchester City should he not secure the transfer targets he has earmarked.
Sky Sports understands (c) TM.com that Swansea's Scott Sinclair will join City on Tuesday for £6.2million, with Mancini having played down newspaper talk that he could walk if his transfer needs are not met.
"No. It is not true. If the newspaper sells a lot of copies, I am happy for the newspaper. I never said this and I never think this," the Italian said.
On the transfer news linking Sinclair with a move to City, Mancini said: "Maybe, I don't know. We can't say a name."
He also played down an apparent show of frustration from midfielder James Milner, who played out of position at wing-back during the 2-2 draw with Liverpool on Sunday.
"No - I think all the players played well but when you are down, you should try something different, but all the players played well," said the City boss.
Mancini was quick to praise once errant striker Carlos Tevez, who netted in the draw at Anfield with a strike that marked his 100th goal in English football.
He added: "Carlos is in good form at this moment. I am happy for him. It is important he continues to play like he did in these two games."

Carlos Tevez is a true Blue
Carlos Tevez scored his 100th goal in English football to earn City a vital point at Liverpool then declared: ‘I want to stay’.
Slimline Tevez capitalised on Martin Skrtel’s mistake to equalise 10 minutes from time after Skrtel and Luis Suarez had scored either side of Yaya Toure’s first goal of the season.
After spells with West Ham and United, it was the 100th time the 28-year-old had found the net in England after moving from Corinthians in 2006. And Tevez cleared the way for another 100 in a City shirt after revealing he wanted to extend his contract at the Etihad Stadium despite having two more years left to run.
He looked to be on his way out after falling out with Roberto Mancini during the Champions League defeat to Bayern Munich in the Allianz Arena last season.
In the aftermath, Mancini said he was ‘finished’ at the club before Tevez went AWOL back to Argentina.
But he made peace with Mancini and returned for the final 10 games, scoring four times, and ending the season with the title winners’ medal.
Lifting the Premier League trophy, he revealed, was the high point of a roller-coaster season. And with his future finally sorted out, he’s determined to add more silverware to his haul this season.
“I'd have no problem staying,” said Tevez, who revealed a t-shirt with Villa La Nata emblazoned on it after scoring, in honour of a little-known Argentine club.
“Last year was difficult for me. After I came back, I played and we were champions. That was the best bit of last season.
“I have two years on my contract and I could stay longer.”
Tevez claims the main reason he entertained the idea of move away from Manchester last season was as his wife, Vanesa, and his two daughters had struggled to settle in England.
He admits he’s still adjusting to life 7,000 miles away from his home. But with his immediate family now settled in Cheshire, Tevez insists life is good.
“My family is here, my children are here, I’m happy, my wife is happy,” said Tevez.
“I play all the time for my family, my father, my mother, my brothers and sisters in Argentina. It is difficult for me as they are in Argentina, but this is my job and I like football.”
Tevez has impressed since returning from his summer break fit and focused. He’s started the season in fine form and his goal at Anfield was his third in successive games.
His manager puts it down to an uninterrupted pre-season, his first since arriving in England five years’ ago.
Tevez, however, believes he has discovered a purple patch because he’s enjoying playing football again, something he would readily admit was missing last season.
The Argentinian also revealed he has slimmed down for the new season and says both he, and City, are reaping the rewards.
“The new season is good for me,” he said. “Seven kilos are out, so that's good for me and the club. A year ago, was the most difficult bit. Now is now.
“The problems of last season are finished. Now I’m happy, Roberto is happy and the club is happy. The problem is now finished.”MuEN

WAG OF THE DAY
Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox

BRENDAN RODGERS REJECTED CHANCE AS NO.2 TO ROBERTO MANCINI
BRENDAN RODGERS has lifted the lid on just how close he came to being Roberto Mancini’s right-hand man.
Rodgers had been out of work for six months after leaving Reading by mutual consent, his management dream shattered after working his socks off to get to the top.
But then came the call from City at his lowest point – and a couple of days in the light blues’ company was to change his life forever and eventually send him on the road to Anfield.
Rodgers spent valuable time in the City camp before flying to Milan to meet boss Mancini for informal talks.
He finally opted, though, to become boss at Swansea two years ago – but acknowledges today just what a ­confidence booster being a temporary Blue gave him.
And Rodgers, raised in Northern Ireland, is grateful for the greatest of insights into what makes Mancini, his staff and players tick at such a highly successful level.
Rodgers said: “I had just left Reading after a long ­career in coaching and all of a sudden I was on the ­outside looking in.
“Then thankfully City gave me my confidence back by bringing me in. One or two things started to develop but I never got to the end point with them and obviously I went to Swansea.
“But I had been out of the game for six months and then I got the call that there was a possibility about ­going to City. I went up to have a couple of days looking around.
“Then I flew to Milan to meet Roberto. It was ­obviously really exciting what was happening there. For me, I didn’t think I was maybe going to get a manager’s job.
“So the next best thing to managing was at least ­working with top players. If that opportunity was going to come up, then brilliant.
“But then as it happens, you get nothing for six months and then all of a sudden I get the opportunity to go to Swansea. And to be number one was always going to be it, ­irrespective of money and whatever contract.”
So would he have benefited from some of those ­bucketloads of cash on offer from free-spending, ­Abu Dhabi-backed City?
Rodgers joked: “I would have preferred the ­wheelbarrow. I probably would have earned more at City but I had nothing in writing at the time.
“The chance to manage a great club like Swansea was too good to turn down.
“But I spoke to the City staff, to Brian Marwood and then Roberto.
“In that little period I gained a real insight of the club at first hand.
“It was good for my confidence and, anyway, at the time I was prepared to go and coach kids. Make a difference to people.”
It goes without saying the brilliant job he went on to complete at Swansea.
And now, although ­admitting that Liverpool are playing catch-up, he is determined to restore the club to the position of rulers once more at home and abroad.
Rodgers, who had spells as Reading youth coach and Chelsea reserves boss before cutting his ­managerial teeth at Watford and with the Royals, and then hitting the big time with ­Swansea, added: “There’s been a lot of trauma here in the last few years in relation to takeovers and ­everything. And a lot of instability.
“There’s only one team can win the league and everyone else is catching up. Manchester United are trying to catch up this year. The reality is where we are at. We want to improve and we want to move forward.
“It’s been a number of seasons now since we ­competed at Champions League level. For a club with this history and ­everything around it, it is where we have to be.
“We’re not there – and that’s the reality, too.
“So we need to fight like hell to try to get in there.
“I knew the size of the ­challenge. I knew I had ­limited funds. I haven’t come into this blind.
“I know the sheer size and ­expectancy here.
“That was part of the ­challenge to come, to test myself to the absolute maximum as a ­manager.
“And hopefully ­improve over a period of time then we can rise and push on.
“First, we need to ensure that ­Anfield is a real ­cauldron of a place.”
Rodgers, who has so far brought in striker Fabio Borini from Roma, Joe Allen from Swansea and Nuri Sahin on loan from Real Madrid, is excited by what lays ahead and added: “The idea is to make ­Anfield as difficult a place as ­possible for the ­opponent – and that starts against ­Manchester City.”
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Sunday's B*ll*x

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:15 am

lovely wag chinners
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:15 am

Lovely way to wake up after staying up to watch that shite boxing match. Top wag indeed.
Cheers chinners
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:27 am

Didn't know how I wanted my eggs this morning but the wag made my mind up .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:25 am

Thanks very much. If all that cones true it will be a hectic week of transfers!

I bet we still get mentioned as the biggest spenders despite this: 'Manchester United fielded the first ever £400m Premier League line-up in Saturday's 2-0 win over Leicester City at Old Trafford. (Metro)'.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:22 pm

One thing that has come out of this bullshit from the fat sterward at Burnmouth, I now have a reason to add Burnmouth to the list of clubs I hate and hope get relegated. Fuckers.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:19 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Thanks very much. If all that cones true it will be a hectic week of transfers!

I bet we still get mentioned as the biggest spenders despite this: 'Manchester United fielded the first ever £400m Premier League line-up in Saturday's 2-0 win over Leicester City at Old Trafford. (Metro)'.

I wonder if that Scum headline was trumpeted in jubilant, triumphalist excitement at that fact, or if it was one of anger and annoyance at the way they've continued, as they always have in the past, in trying to buy the League (despite all their players being 'home-grown') ??

With regard to Oxlade-Chamberlain, can't believe he's still only 24; he seems to have been around for ever.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Return to The Maine Football forum