Girona & Pep Guardiola & Pere Guardiola

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Girona & Pep Guardiola & Pere Guardiola

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:10 pm

Just read an interesting article on Girona, Peps brother Pere Guardiola, and our owner.

Pere Guardiola, and our Owner each bought a 44% stake in Girona. For a combined total of £10 million. As we all know we use Peps brothers Club Girona as a feeder Club. Girona got promoted to La Liga for the first time in their history. The investment made by Pere and our owner is looking like an absolute steal.

Let me make this clear,I am not suggesting for one moment anything illegal has been done like the scum Rag press are insinuating. As far as I am aware it is all above board,and was given approval by the English FA .

The only problem I have, is when i look at it from a City perspective I have niggling doubts Pep Guardiola is putting our best interests, before those of the Guardiola family business.Pablo Maffeo was the best player on the Pitch in the friendly with Girona the other week. In my opinion he could have done a very good job for us this season . Instead he is plying his trade in Spain with 3 other City players,Douglas Luiz, Alex Garcia,,Marlos Moreno.

Our Academy products cant be that bad if they helped Girona get promoted in to Spain top tier and helped the Guardiola family get very rich in the process.

And if anyone says the Spanish League is shit. Then i say this, why the fuck are they on loan in Spain, rather than being loaned out to a mid –Table Premiership sides like WBA/Stoke etc which would benefit us much better.

I don’t like it.How can we be sure the man who is our manager,yet dosent really have a nice word to say about us is acting in our best interests, rather than his brothers,he could be taking the piss.All seems a bit too cosy.
Last edited by zabbadabbado on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Re: Girona & Pep Guardiola & Pere Guardiola

Postby Feed The Goat » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:35 pm

Wasn't fodden in the accademy team last year
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Socrates » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:07 am

Feed The Goat wrote:Wasn't fodden in the accademy team last year

Yes. Mustn't let the facts get in the way of a good whinge though.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby dazby » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:14 am

When does he not have a nice thing to say about us?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby phips » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:50 am

last year was, who?, Angelino, Maffeo, & Moreno (and i believe the latter couldn't get an english work permit)
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wooders » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:04 am

Wouldn't you out your family interests ahead of your employers?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:55 am

they ain't called the spafia for nothing
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Justified logic » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:41 am

He is not acting in City's best interests. He is arrogant and inflexible and can only be successful by acquiring the very best players who must play his way; anyone else must be got rid of - no Conte, he, able to meld inherited players and tactics in order to win silverware. I don't like the guy and if he buys Evans (or sacrifices Sterling for Sanchez) he will have to win the PL and CL this season to get my respect for him as a manager.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:45 am

Is this a wind up?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:11 am

You are right,my bad,getting mixed up with the names ;) The main point still stands though. Fodden could have easily done a job for us this season.Instead he is helping Peps brother in La Liga.Guardiola sycophants have an answer for everything.Him being loaned out to Girona in Spain will benefit us,how lucky we are.Apparently the Spanish 2 team League is shit,which begs the question what the fuck are they doing there.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:12 am

zabbadabbado wrote:
You are right,my bad,getting mixed up with the names ;) The main point still stands though. Fodden could have easily done a job for us this season.Instead he is helping Peps brother in La Liga.Guardiola sycophants have an answer for everything.Him being loaned out to Girona in Spain will benefit us,how lucky we are.Apparently the Spanish 2 team League is shit,which begs the question what the fuck are they doing there.

Foden is not gone there this season either.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Original Dub » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:20 am

Perfect example of fans getting caught in the propaganda machine.
Original Dub

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:21 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Is this a wind up?
Why is it a wind up ?

A city fan asking a legitimate question about a conflict of interests with our club?

In a nutshell it appears our academy is good enough to produce a number of players for a La Leaga side. Said side is managed by Pep Guardiolas borther.Those players could have saved us a shed load of money, or at a minimum been used as back up this season.

The excuse used for farming them out is it will help with their football development. Yet the same people who say this, will then back up that answer with “the Spanish League is shit”,its much different to the Premier League.Which then makes one wonder,if that’s the case then why the fuck are they there ?

No it’s not a wind up at all.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:24 am

zabbadabbado wrote:
Why is it a wind up ?

A city fan asking a legitimate question about a conflict of interests with our club?

In a nutshell it appears our academy is good enough to produce a number of players for a La Leaga side. Said side is managed by Pep Guardiolas borther.Those players could have saved us a shed load of money, or at a minimum been used as back up this season.

The excuse used for farming them out is it will help with their football development. Yet the same people who say this, will then back up that answer with “the Spanish League is shit”,its much different to the Premier League.Which then makes one wonder,if that’s the case then why the fuck are they there ?

I think the wind up refers to the inaccurate information in your post. Namely about Foden, he has never played for Girona and isnt going there this season so will take a squad place here which goes against your argument
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:30 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:

Foden is not gone there this season either.
I need to give this posting thing up :D :D :D :D :D .I am getting a bit confused mate,age related i think.I really am useless with names.

*Douglas Luiz, Alex Garcia,Pablo Maffeo,Marlos Moreno. :D :D

My main point still stands though..
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:38 am

zabbadabbado wrote:
Why is it a wind up ?

It's really quite simple, we have the benefit of loaning players untried at senior level to a club playing in La Liga to help them take the next step in their development.

In return the CFG buys players that Girona could not afford and loans them to Girona.

Win win.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:57 am

zabbadabbado wrote:
Why is it a wind up ?

It's really quite simple, we have the benefit of loaning players untried at senior level to a club playing in La Liga to help them take the next step in their development.

In return the CFG buys players that Girona could not afford and loans them to Girona.

Win win.
How does it help with their development ?

We both agree there is no comparison between the Premier League, and La Liga.

How many players have we signed in the past who were first team players in their respective leagues in Spain/South America who couldn’t hack it in England ?. Point being we can not form any opinion on these loan spells regardless

We would have benefited more loaning them out to mid table Premiership sides, Or Championship sides to get a clearer picture, if they have a future with City. There would have been no shortage of takers.. Also, for the record I didn’t agree with Roberts going back to Celtic either. We saw that he was half decent last season in the shit Scottish League,we should have sent him out on loan to a mid-table Premier League side like Southampton to get clearer picture of where he is at. It matters not what he wanted, he is a City player on contract. If Celtic wanted him so badly they should have been forced to cough up.

To be fair at least Pere Guardiola is making good use of our Academy prospects.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:05 am

zabbadabbado wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:
Why is it a wind up ?

Win win.
How does it help with their development ?

We both agree there is no comparison between the Premier League, and La Liga.

How many players have we signed in the past who were first team players in their respective leagues in Spain/South America who couldn’t hack it in England ?. Point being we can not form any opinion on these loan spells regardless

We would have benefited more loaning them out to mid table Premiership sides, Or Championship sides to get a clearer picture, if they have a future with City. There would have been no shortage of takers.. Also, for the record I didn’t agree with Roberts going back to Celtic either. We saw that he was half decent last season in the shit Scottish League,we should have sent him out on loan to a mid-table Premier League side like Southampton to get clearer picture of where he is at. It matters not what he wanted, he is a City player on contract. If Celtic wanted him so badly they should have been forced to cough up.

To be fair at least Pere Guardiola is making good use of our Academy prospects.

It gives them experience playing senior football, that's how it helps their development.

We don't agree that there is no comparison between PL and La Liga, both are very strong leagues.

Loaning them to Girona should mean that they are guaranteed playing time due to our mutual best interests, loaning players to English clubs doesn't give us that guarantee, it's as simple as that.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:14 pm

The Caracabaco (sic) Cup is proof that proper football will bring players on - from what I read our first match we were a little out of our depth by the step up from EDS to professional level. What Girona offers is a team that will play the right way and is a known quantity, rather than sending them to a club which stunts the youngsters development as the style of football doesn't fit into our holistic approach.
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Justified logic » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:54 pm

I normally agree with what you write Zabba but I think you've gone off the rails this time. A couple of factual inaccuracies: Angelino and Maffeo went to Girona on loan last season only from January 1st - because they were not getting enough game time with the first team (zilch and 2 subs bench respectively) nor the under 23s (6 and 3 games respectively); Pere Guardiola is a part-owner of Girona, not manager of the club.

As has been stated, Moreno has been lodged in Spain since the start of last season pending a UK work permit, as is Douglas Luiz this season.

But, substantially, I think you are just being premature. Let's see that happens with the loanees (the ones who can move to the UK) at the end of this season. Personally, I'd like the ones who are deemed to still have the possibility of a future with the club to either join the first team squad or to be loaned to a PL or Championship side that plays in our style and, importantly, will give them game time (could that be written into the loan terms?) We would then see a really neat production line with testing both in Spain and England for something like 20 and 21 year olds respectively and be able to make a much clearer judegement on their suitability for top class play. With that in mind, I hope Foden, Diaz and Adarabioyo get something more than just occasional u23 games this season.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum