Transfer Deadline Day Events

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer Deadline Day Events

Postby Chinners » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:48 pm

I'm happy Mangala is staying, he's not looked too bad in pre-season ... we'll see
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Justified logic » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:32 pm

Is Tosin definitely gone?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby phips » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:06 am

Chinners wrote:I'm happy Mangala is staying, he's not looked too bad in pre-season ... we'll see

disagree. along with dumping Bony i really wanted Mangala gone. he's just not good imo.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby aaron bond » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:48 am

phips wrote:
Chinners wrote:I'm happy Mangala is staying, he's not looked too bad in pre-season ... we'll see

disagree. along with dumping Bony i really wanted Mangala gone. he's just not good imo.

And Stones/Otamendi are?

Mangala has had some excellent games for us. He clearly has his faults but he has put in some great performances against strong centre forwards such as Costa.

I think it's almost universally accepted that Otamendi is useless and more people are finally recognising that Stones is not good enough.

Mangala might not be a top class defender but he probably has had more good games for us than the other two.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:41 am

Well that was a waste of time. We must be loaded now
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Justified logic » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:33 am

Justified logic wrote:Is Tosin definitely gone?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dunnylad » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:01 am

Justified logic wrote:Is Tosin definitely gone?

I think he's still here nothing from Sunderland indicating he has signed
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby CrownPointBlue » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:19 am

phips wrote:

Time for Pep to prove his coaching credentials by improving Mango into being a quality squad player.

He's got a lot of natural attributes to work with. Over to you Pep.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby john@staustell » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:25 am

CrownPointBlue wrote:
phips wrote:

Time for Pep to prove his coaching credentials by improving Mango into being a quality squad player.

He's got a lot of natural attributes to work with. Over to you Pep.

You're missing the point mate. Evans wasn't wanted quite so much because of his physical prowess, but he apparently is known as a leader and allegedly has a bit of a brain.

If Kompany gets crocked we are fucked, end of story, mark my words. With Mangala it won't make any difference, however well he man-marks people. With Evans we would have a sort of 'leader-cover'!

And Arsenal are a bunch of cunts. They have 2 months to get a replacement for Sanchez and try about 8 hours before the window shuts. I hope he goes on strike.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:15 am

Eli still might go back to Spain it seems, which would keep Tosin with us I imagine rather than a loan to Sunderland.
Zinchenko is another who could go, Girona has been mentioned. There isn't room in our CL squad for Delph, Mangala and Zinchenko, but that may not be a consideration.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dameerto » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:25 am

I like the guy too. As a fourth defender it's better than getting rinced by selling him at a loss THEN laying out big money on someone who's not an improvement.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:30 am

johnny crossan wrote:Eli still might go back to Spain it seems, which would keep Tosin with us I imagine rather than a loan to Sunderland.
Zinchenko is another who could go, Girona has been mentioned. There isn't room in our CL squad for Delph, Mangala and Zinchenko, but that may not be a consideration.

Ederson
Bravo

Walker *
Mendy
Danilo
Kompany
Otamendi
Stones *
Mangala

Fernandinho
Yaya
Gundogan
Delph*

Silva
DeBruyne
Bernardo
Sterling*
Sane

Aguero
Jesus

*association trained

Delph and Manga fit unless I've got something wrong? That's just 16 non-association trained so there's room for one more, Zinchenko.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:35 am

Dameerto wrote:

I like the guy too. As a fourth defender it's better than getting rinced by selling him at a loss THEN laying out big money on someone who's not an improvement.

If he doesn't get shipped out today they'll have to find him a new shirt number or take it back off Bernardo Silva :?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:41 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Eli still might go back to Spain it seems, which would keep Tosin with us I imagine rather than a loan to Sunderland.

Ederson
Bravo

Walker *
Mendy
Danilo
Kompany
Otamendi
Stones *
Mangala

Fernandinho
Yaya
Gundogan
Delph*

Silva
DeBruyne
Bernardo
Sterling*
Sane

Aguero
Jesus

*association trained

Delph and Manga fit unless I've got something wrong? That's just 16 non-association trained so there's room for one more, Zinchenko.

I was thinking the third keeper is now Muric, who would have to be an A lister, but maybe three keepers is not a requirement and if Ederson or Bravo gets crocked there is a regulation that says they can be replaced irrespective of eligibility.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:43 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Ederson
Bravo

Walker *
Mendy
Danilo
Kompany
Otamendi
Stones *
Mangala

Fernandinho
Yaya
Gundogan
Delph*

Silva
DeBruyne
Bernardo
Sterling*
Sane

Aguero
Jesus

*association trained

I was thinking the third keeper is now Muric, who would have to be an A lister, but maybe three keepers is not a requirement and if Ederson or Bravo gets crocked there is a regulation that says they can be replaced irrespective of eligibility.

Grimshaw may get the third keeper spot. Muric becomes eligible for B list in January, if we're still in it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:06 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

If he doesn't get shipped out today they'll have to find him a new shirt number or take it back off Bernardo Silva :?

Cant he just wear 15 like he has for the last three games??!!!!!!!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby sidSmith » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:15 am

Surely Mangala is a better option than fucking Evans!!

When he was at the rags and his name was on the team sheet I'd feel more confident on us getting a result, to think we were apparently close to having him in our squad is incomprehensible.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby phips » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:08 pm

aaron bond wrote:
phips wrote:

And Stones/Otamendi are?
Mangala has had some excellent games for us. He clearly has his faults but he has put in some great performances against strong centre forwards such as Costa.

I think it's almost universally accepted that Otamendi is useless and more people are finally recognising that Stones is not good enough.

Mangala might not be a top class defender but he probably has had more good games for us than the other two.

everyone always seems mention his debut vs Costa (and i think there was a 2nd vs. Costa and 1 vs Zlatan...maybe not) where he was good.

however, he is far too physical, cannot pass to save his life, has poor positional play, and doesnt appear to have a football brain.

Otamendi is far better. yes, he has his shameful diving and his ludicrous lunges (or whatever you wanna call them), but he can actually defend and he's been much better alongside Kompany this year and last year.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:11 pm

sidSmith wrote:Surely Mangala is a better option than fucking Evans!!

When he was at the rags and his name was on the team sheet I'd feel more confident on us getting a result, to think we were apparently close to having him in our squad is incomprehensible.

Agreed, always felt more confident when Jonny facing us; and if he was with O'Shea it was off to the bookies :D
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:16 pm

phips wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
phips wrote:

And Stones/Otamendi are?

everyone always seems mention his debut vs Costa (and i think there was a 2nd vs. Costa and 1 vs Zlatan...maybe not) where he was good.

however, he is far too physical, cannot pass to save his life, has poor positional play, and doesnt appear to have a football brain.

Otamendi is far better. yes, he has his shameful diving and his ludicrous lunges (or whatever you wanna call them), but he can actually defend and he's been much better alongside Kompany this year and last year.

Damn right Phips, but the argument is that having said all that, most would still prefer him to JFE.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum